PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know?

thumper
11-13-2010, 10:57 AM
What are Belichick/Brady's record following a loss? Aren't they nearly undefeated, or actually undefeated? How about after a loss followed by a national TV game?

Just as in the case of the New Orleans game, Cleveland did us no favor by beating the Pats last game. Shit. I know the Pats are not infallible, but they don't lose after a loss. And Pgh isn't playing that great and have so many injuries.

mikegrimey
11-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I think they lost once or twice, certainly not undefeated, but the record is pretty impressive. Yea Cleveland definitely didn't do us any favors by curbstomping another potential powerhouse but try to look at the bright side, they exposed a lot of flaws in the Pats defense, whether or not we have the power to take advantage of it is another thing.

I see Brady completing a lot of passes against us and expect New England to hardly try and run (actually a lot like the Saints did) if we can get our running game going, big if, we have a very good chance of winning this one. Unlike the NO game, we're at home.

thumper
11-13-2010, 11:15 AM
I think they lost once or twice, certainly not undefeated, but the record is pretty impressive. Yea Cleveland definitely didn't do us any favors by curbstomping another potential powerhouse but try to look at the bright side, they exposed a lot of flaws in the Pats defense, whether or not we have the power to take advantage of it is another thing.

I see Brady completing a lot of passes against us and expect New England to hardly try and run (actually a lot like the Saints did) if we can get our running game going, big if, we have a very good chance of winning this one. Unlike the NO game, we're at home.

I'm gonna just assume we can't run vs. NE - we never have been able to, except once, in 2004, in the Belichick era. They will sell out to stop the rush, count on it. Now the question is: Is our coaching staff too stupid to realize rushing on 1st and 2nd down too much will lead to a loss? If they do that, we lose, unless Ben can work miracles down the stretch when we will have no choice but pass it on early downs.

mikegrimey
11-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Well logic would say that if they sell out to stop the run we have a good chance of making plays down the field, except Wallace is the only guy who is a deep threat.
The rest of the crew aren't really frightening the defense.

We were throwing more on 1st down last week and it worked pretty well in the first half, yet once again the 1/2 good 1/2 bad rule of the Arians era came to get us. The rule states that the STeelers offense can only play good football for one half of the game, whether it be the first or second half, but never both.

Seriously though, the polarity of our offense under Arians is infuriating sometimes.

I wouldn't be suprised to see more of throwing on 1st. STill, I think it's key that we get the ground game going. For the last 3 games we've spent the majority of the time on 1st down getting stuffed (Mendenhall had a few big runs against Cincinatti so his YPR looks better but he got most of those yards off of 3 carries). Just getting 4-6 to start with greatly increases of chances of winning the game. Just the way I see it.

RowHH
11-13-2010, 11:29 AM
They are 27-2, IIRC. Heard the stat the other day on Mike and Mike.

I'm still glad they lost to Cleveland.

thumper
11-13-2010, 12:06 PM
They are 27-2, IIRC. Heard the stat the other day on Mike and Mike.

I'm still glad they lost to Cleveland.

They are gonna come in focused. If our dumb ass OC calls a game like he usually does we are in trouble. If they don't let Ben open it up, we lose, period.

joeyssteelcurtain
11-13-2010, 12:23 PM
We will be fine we will play a great game on both sides of the ball And win 27-17

markymarc
11-13-2010, 06:42 PM
This record gets broken tomorrow night!