PDA

View Full Version : Harrison questionable with back spasms

SteelCityMom
11-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Steelers OLB James Harrison has been added to the team's injury report with back spasms, and is being listed as questionable.

Pittsburgh takes on New England for the Sunday night game, so Harrison will have a few extra hours to prepare. The Steelers have the luxury of great depth behind the former Defensive Player of the Year.

Source: New England Patriots on Twitter

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40167276/ns/sports-player_news/

joeyssteelcurtain
11-13-2010, 01:35 PM
He will play 100 % he will not miss this game

Atlanta Dan
11-13-2010, 01:37 PM
The injuries just keep coming

Interesting the Patriots announced this

California-Steel
11-13-2010, 02:07 PM
...Interesting the Patriots announced thisHhhmmmm....Does Bellacheat have a mole in place?

SH-Rock
11-13-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm not worried at all. I promise you he will not want to miss this game.

Fire Haley
11-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Smokescreen to **** with Belicheater's head? I'd like to see what Worilds can do for a whole game, give James a rest from the fines if he needs it.

It's gonna be all 3 step drops and +50 short passes kinda game against Brady anyway.

Rub some icyhot on it, take a Motrin - he'll be fine. We are loaded at LB - not a big deal if he sits. Other than the intimidation factor.

Pressure up the middle, in his face, not the outside, is what messes with Brady anyway - he likes to step up.

Fire Haley
11-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Back issues could sideline Steelers' Harrison Sunday vs. Patriots

By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Add another Steelers starter to the list of players that may not play Sunday night against the visiting Patriots.

Outside linebacker James Harrison, who is leads the Steelers with seven sacks, is experiencing back spasms and is questionable for the 8:20 p.m. game.

Harrison's back issues are a new — and unwelcome — development for the injury-plagued Steelers as the three-time Pro Bowler practiced all week.

If Harrison in unable to play against the Patriots, the Steelers will likely move inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons to his spot and start Larry Foote alongside James Farrior.

Starting left guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee and ankle) and defensive end Brett Keisel (hamstring) are expected to miss tomorrow night's game because of injuries.

The Steelers are also without starting left tackle Max Starks (neck) for the rest of the season.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_709255.html

Fire Haley
11-13-2010, 04:10 PM
The injuries just keep coming

Ain't that the truth.

Don't get me wrong, he will be missed - I love me some Debo. I still remember this one play, he comes in off a blitz, there's a big OL guy there waiting for him in perfect position. Harrison explodes into him, doesn't just drive him back into the QB, he rockets him back in the air. He literally knocked a guy who out weighs him by 50+ lbs, off his feet, and back 5 feet into the QB all with one hit. He's explosive when he has his game on.

NYC_Steeler
11-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Well this really blows if he's not at 100% and winds up hurting himself even more during the game. Man, I hope these guys get well quickly - it seems like we've got band-aids all over the place.

SH-Rock
11-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Well they might put Worlids and Sly in for a few snaps. Might elucidate on how well they play against a top tier offense.

swann
11-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Hope he plays, cant afford to have him out.

Atlanta Dan
11-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Well this really blows if he's not at 100% and winds up hurting himself even more during the game. Man, I hope these guys get well quickly - it seems like we've got band-aids all over the place.

This defense has a lot of miles on it - second half of the season could see breakdowns to join Smith, Keisel and (apparently) Harrison

Particularly tough for an older team to come back from a Monday night game or play on Thursday - I do not know how much it came across on TV but I was at the Falcons game Thursday night and that Ravens D already was gassed in the first half

markymarc
11-13-2010, 06:51 PM
I believe James Harrison will be ready for this game tomorrow night. And if he can't go, then I have no problem with Jason Worilds filling in for him.

Fire Arians
11-13-2010, 08:24 PM
isnt back spasms what ended marvel smith's career?

DanRooney
11-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Harrison will play. We'll just see much more of Jason Worilds :tt03:

pete74
11-14-2010, 05:17 AM
personally i would rather sit him even if there is a 1% chance the injury can get worse. we have great depth but will need harrison healthy for the playoffs

mikegrimey
11-14-2010, 06:50 AM
personally i would rather sit him even if there is a 1% chance the injury can get worse. we have great depth but will need harrison healthy for the playoffs

Agree completely with this. I have a feeling Harrison is going to be out there regardless but my biggest fear would be him aggrivating the injury and turning it far worse. I'd rather come out of the raw end in this game than worry about one of our stars not being healthy enough to play in January.