PDA

View Full Version : Hampton playing big in the nickel- new wrinkle

tony hipchest
11-13-2010, 02:16 PM
as stated by Killer, the pats are probably gonna throw 50 times with a bunch of 3 step drops. pressure from the outside on brady will be minimized and we need to attack up the middle (huge game opportunity for timmons).

the 2 games the steelers lost this year was when hampton was essentially benched in the 2nd half of the game in favor of gay playing nickel. (saints and ravens had no problem spreading em out and dinking and dunking down the field).

vs the bungles, we knew they would try the same, so we kept hampton in alot more and removed either hood or keisel. the result was us getting after carson palmer late in the game.

if we constantly rush 3 and drop 8 we will lose.

both hoke and hampton have taken snaps at the end position. i expect some plays with hampton/hood/hoke on the field at the same time and farrior and or troy/timmons shooting the 'A' gaps.

lionslicer
11-13-2010, 03:55 PM
I saw a lot of Hoke and Hampton on the field at the same time while there were 2 blitzers. 2 nose tackles on the field wont end well for any offense, especially a spread offense like the Patriots.

pete74
11-14-2010, 04:20 AM
i agree, we drop 8 and rush 3 we will lose 8 times out of 10. we need to rush at least 4 on passing plays or Brady will carve us up like a turkey

Whodis
11-14-2010, 06:28 AM
That nickle had me screaming. Taking out starters to bring in backup db's sucks anyway. The qb's get way too much time. Brady doesn't like getting hit at all! I'd rather lose blitzing rather then sitting back and getting picked apart.