PDA

View Full Version : Fred Taylor, Stephen Neal out Sunday

mesaSteeler
11-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Fred Taylor, Stephen Neal out Sunday
By Mike Reiss
ESPNBoston.com
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5802847&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

PITTSBURGH -- New England Patriots starting right guard Stephen Neal, veteran running back Fred Taylor and pass-rushing defensive lineman Myron Pryor have been downgraded to out for the Patriots' game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday night.

Neal was questionable with a shoulder injury, while Taylor practiced all week for the first time since sustaining a turf toe injury Sept. 26 but wasn't deemed ready for action. Pryor missed the week of practice with a back injury.

Fifth-year veteran Dan Connolly is likely to start at right guard for Neal, while BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead will once again be the 1-2 punch at running back. Without Pryor, the Patriots will need someone to step in as an interior rusher in sub packages, with Gerard Warren and Kyle Love as possibilities.

On Friday safety Jarrad Page (calf) was ruled out against the Steelers.

Fire Arians
11-13-2010, 11:50 PM
i still have nightmares about fred taylor rushing for 200 yards on us when he played for the jagoffs, glad to hear he's not playing

MikeHaullace
11-14-2010, 12:42 AM
i still have nightmares about fred taylor rushing for 200 yards on us when he played for the jagoffs, glad to hear he's not playing

LOL - That made me sick. He had like 3 rushing TDs and I think even 1 through the air. It was an insane display of Steelers ass-kicking ala Fred Taylor.

That said, I'm pretty sure he never rushed for over 100 yards against a LeBeau defense, though probably got pretty close.

tony hipchest
11-14-2010, 02:42 AM
in other news, kevin faulk and l. maroney wont be playing either.

we should be more concerned with ben jarvis green ellis, and rookie woodhead.

MattsMe
11-14-2010, 02:47 AM
we should be more concerned with ben jarvis green ellis,\

I fear no man who uses 4 names. :chuckle:

MikeHaullace
11-14-2010, 02:56 AM
we should be more concerned with ben jarvis green ellis, and rookie woodhead.

:rofl:

That's rich, tony. You had me going there for a second. :toofunny:

Worry about running backs against the Steelers. :chuckle: Riiiiiight.

siiiiiiiiigh Oh my. :grin:

lionslicer
11-14-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm never glad about injuries... but I never want to see Fred Taylor against the Steelers as long as I live.

Woodhead is a threat, maybe more in the passing game against the Steelers. He's shortness is an advantage because defenders can't see him behind blockers and they have to adjust how they tackle to get low enough to get him down without just missing him.

stb_steeler
11-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Expect the two little c o c k roach's (Woodhead & Welker) to see alot of action.

lionslicer
11-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Expect the two little c o c k roach's (Woodhead & Welker) to see alot of action.

So white people are c o c k roaches now?

SteelCityMom
11-14-2010, 11:48 AM
So white people are c o c k roaches now?

Oh come on. :doh:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:pxM3SYM4GlwIPM:http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/Band_of_Marines/My%20web%20stuff/whatdoyoumean.jpg&t=1

mikegrimey
11-14-2010, 12:03 PM
LOL - That made me sick. He had like 3 rushing TDs and I think even 1 through the air. It was an insane display of Steelers ass-kicking ala Fred Taylor.

That said, I'm pretty sure he never rushed for over 100 yards against a LeBeau defense, though probably got pretty close.

I know in 07 he lit us up for like 125 or something.

MikeHaullace
11-14-2010, 12:06 PM
I know in 07 he lit us up for like 125 or something.

That's right! In fact, it was closer to 150 yards, now that I'm thinking about it. Good call, sir..

One 100-yard game in how many attempts against Pittsburgh? I'll take it.