PDA

View Full Version : The Bitching Thread Part Deux

SteelCityMom
11-14-2010, 09:37 PM
I know the games not over yet. But I'm not sticking around for this shit.

Ok, so I'll probably watch the game, but most likely won't be here. :chuckle:

Be good people and keep your bitching where it belongs!

gregkas
11-14-2010, 09:40 PM
bruce arians needs to find a new wide rec coaching job

casteeler
11-14-2010, 10:00 PM
the worst game i have seen in in my 18 seasons as a fan. The Wr core is pathetic, if anyone thinks Jeff Reed should keep his job you need your head examined and the secondary is as soft as melted butter. Yeah, i'm a little worried!

ZoneBlitzer
11-14-2010, 10:00 PM
They suck. Honestly, I was expecting this result. Why? Because I have seen out of sync offense for weeks now. The offense has become too reliant on the big play down field and struggles to move the chains and sustain drives. They move in fits and spurts. They have struggled in the red zone as well. You can't give up a Super Bowl MVP for nothing and not expect any ramifications as well. They are paying for throwing away Holmes.

Also, the D is over-rated. They have a bend don't break style of D. And they bend an awful lot. Also Troy is not so stellar playing as a regular safety.

ZoneBlitzer
11-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Also, does Tomlin even care? I've never seen such a disinterested coach.

Raw Steel
11-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Bitching is good for you

SteelCityMom
11-14-2010, 10:13 PM
I've gone through stages of being pissed and being indifferent tonight.

Not the worst game I've ever seen...and anyone who says it is is lying. Last year we had 5 games in a row worse than this...to horrible teams. We lost to the Pats who we've always had trouble beating. So, I'm not really surprised.

So many missed chances though. This could have at least been a close game. They could have played liked they cared a little more.

Moving on though. It was a shitty game, but it certainly isn't the end of the season.

ZoneBlitzer
11-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Based on the injuries incurred and the struggles with the offense, I would have to say that this could very well be the beginning of the end of the season. On the plus side, this could by some miracle be the wake up call that they needed.

lionslicer
11-14-2010, 10:20 PM

It's odd to see him on the sideline not yelling at people.. Maybe he's taken the Tony Dungy approach to coaching?

Arians needs fired... And should never coach ever again...
This team needs motivated... Bad.. Patriots look hungry and energetic... Steelers look stale.

ZoneBlitzer
11-14-2010, 10:23 PM
It's odd to see him on the sideline not yelling at people.. Maybe he's taken the Tony Dungy approach to coaching?

This team needs motivated... Bad.. Patriots look hungry and energetic... Steelers look stale.

I'm sorry but I just don't like Coach Tomlin. I hate to see a guy so comfortable with his headphones watching his team disintegrate. He came out flat and so did his team. This team looks incredibly stale. The receiving corps is terrible.

madtowndrunkard
11-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Out coached and out played.

At least Arians is consistent. Our offense can't even get going against one of the worst defenses in the league. If there was ever a game to just run the ball down the opponents throat this was it. But we go 3 and out back to back and it's 10-0 just like that. Then the offense yet again can do nothing to help a struggling defense and the damn finally breaks.

I'd love to see the offense bail out the defense just once.

The miss match coaching wise is actually almost funny. It's like watching a pro game plan vs a high school game plan. Tomlin has to be totally embarrassed.

If the Cowboys can fire their HC mid season why can't we fire our OC mid season?

Steel_Bus_24
11-14-2010, 10:31 PM
This has just been a pathetic performance

and it very well could be a season killer like last years loss was to the bengals

Fire Arians
11-14-2010, 10:37 PM
damn woodley if you're gonna hit him late make it count, shoulda forearmed him in the back of the head, the suspension would be worth it if brady gets a concussion lol

MasterOfPuppets
11-14-2010, 10:41 PM
almost everything about this team looks stale. offense and defense. do they not realize other teams watch film too ? you can't keep running the same plays and defenses week after week.

SteelerSwagga
11-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I am embarrased to watch this game right now. I know this team has played worse, but I thought our team had more pride than this. The Patriots aren't that good of a team and to loose to them they way we did says alot about our team. Ever since Big Ben has come backour whole team looks flat and it seems to me that they aren't playing as hard as they did before becuase they think Ben will bail them all out and be a hero.

Bottom line is with our soft defense, terrible offensive scheme and injuries, this season looks to be a complete wash after an incredible start.

PhantomJB93
11-14-2010, 10:46 PM
The Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay

Steel_Bus_24
11-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah, theres no fire or Band of Brothers in them at all

They're a bunch of lifeless robots out there.......again pathetic

this is this pitiful s**** we saw most of last year......

Who the f*** do they think they are.....they're not good enough to just show up and win on talent...............someone needs to make these guys realize that fact fast or this will be worse then last year

lionslicer
11-14-2010, 10:49 PM
I said it after the Steelers 2nd game of the season, the true test would be the Saints game, and not only did they lose, they played like shit. Yea they won, but bearly. Cincy game was really luck, especially with those fumbles and missed field goals.
The team looks like it gets worse every week.

rcoplien
11-14-2010, 10:54 PM
He had 4 opportunities tonight to intercept or stay on his guy and keep the Patriots from scoring. Sorry I love my Steelers but that guy has got to go!!! He cost us the game bigtime!! 3 scores because of him.

SteelerSwagga
11-14-2010, 10:56 PM
I honestly wish that we would have gotten beat by 20 or more because i think this team needs a serious wakeup call that they aren't as good as they think they are right now.

TRH
11-14-2010, 10:57 PM
You're right. He really has to go. He's cost us time and time and time again.

Cut him tomorrow morning. Certainly anybody hanging out there that someone else cut or is available can't be any worse.

lionslicer
11-14-2010, 10:58 PM
He had 4 opportunities tonight to intercept or stay on his guy and keep the Patriots from scoring. Sorry I love my Steelers but that guy has got to go!!! He cost us the game bigtime!! 3 scores because of him.

If there was someone below him that was better I'm sure he would be playing. You can't bring in a player mid season and expect him to learn the defense...

SteelerSwagga
11-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Think again if you think Wiliam Gay solely lost this game, we had no right to even keep it as close as we did.

casteeler
11-14-2010, 10:59 PM
The Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay

I love it!!!!

SH-Rock
11-14-2010, 11:00 PM
There is was also the problem with the receivers. Twice in the redzone and left with 1 fg only. The receivers have a long way to go and please deactivate battle and put in brown

Kanata-Steeler
11-14-2010, 11:00 PM
The Patriots did to us what the Browns did to them last week. Brady surgically tore apart our defense. Our Offense, BA and Tomlin were USELESS as usual.
Our only comebacks were "two little too late"
Insult to injury doesn't even come close to defineing this embarrassment.
5 or 6 SACKS on us !, with no sacks on Brady ?! wow, shame on the Steelers.
If this isn't a wake-up call, I don't know what is.

TRH
11-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Tomlin just stands there like he doesn't give 2 sh**s.

I want to see him start yelling, jumping and showing some fire and passion.
I really miss Cowher's "scowl" and being pissed off.
There was NO fire tonight. None.

SH-Rock
11-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Tomlin just stands there like he doesn't give 2 sh**s.

I want to see him start yelling, jumping and showing some fire and passion.
I really miss Cowher's "scowl" and being pissed off.
There was NO fire tonight. None.

Like last year game against Cleveland

finesward
11-14-2010, 11:02 PM
damn woodley if you're gonna hit him late make it count, shoulda forearmed him in the back of the head, the suspension would be worth it if brady gets a concussion lol

thought you stopped watching at halftime fairweather fan?... so not only are you a fair weather fan, but also a liar. :blah:

madtowndrunkard
11-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Think again if you think Wiliam Gay solely lost this game, we had no right to even keep it as close as we did.

Yea, no kidding. Ben was horrible. I've never seen such hollow stats in my life. Every sack but one was on ben. In the first half he didn't have 100 yards passing. The game plan was probably as bad if not worse then Ben.

Defensively Gay was horrible. No one really played well....but the fact that we could not get any pressure on Brady allowed him to pick us apart. I have to admit it is very impressive to watch a well coached offense with a brilliant game plan. I haven't seen that in some time. Cheating Bill made Tomlin and Co look like a bunch of chumps.

Embarrassing.

steelbad@50
11-14-2010, 11:05 PM
I honestly wish that we would have gotten beat by 20 or more because i think this team needs a serious wakeup call that they aren't as good as they think they are right now.

The only way to get rid of this sick feeling is to beat this team in the playoffs. If we get to the playoffs and end up playing them somehow. I cant stand the Patriots.

madtowndrunkard
11-14-2010, 11:07 PM
The Patriots did to us what the Browns did to them last week. Brady surgically tore apart our defense. Our Offense, BA and Tomlin were USELESS as usual.
Our only comebacks were "two little too late"
Insult to injury doesn't even come close to defineing this embarrassment.
5 or 6 SACKS on us !, with no sacks on Brady ?! wow, shame on the Steelers.
If this isn't a wake-up call, I don't know what is.

Uh you obviously didn't watch any of that Browns game. The Browns did not win in that fashion. They won with some lucky big plays and some mistakes by the Pats.

Tonight the Pats won by just whooping us. The score isn't even close to how bad the Pats whooped us. Ignore that last 10 minutes. It meant nothing.

finesward
11-14-2010, 11:07 PM
The pats got smacked by the browns and responded by beating us up in our house. If we are to show we are a legit team, we need to do the same thing next week. I'd rather get beat in the reg season and win in the playoffs anyhow. Time to regroup and finish out this season strong

madtowndrunkard
11-14-2010, 11:10 PM
The pats got smacked by the browns and responded by beating us up in our house. If we are to show we are a legit team, we need to do the same thing next week. I'd rather get beat in the reg season and win in the playoffs anyhow. Time to regroup and finish out this season strong

ha! You don't honestly think Arians and co is capable of putting up more then 20 points on the Raiders do you? The Pats defense stinks and we could do nothing against them....(the last 10 minutes do not count) We'll be lucky to score 17 points next week...and that's assuming our defense sets us up for some easy points.

TRH
11-14-2010, 11:11 PM

I agree but if this game wasn't already a serious wake-up call i don't know what will be.......

lionslicer
11-14-2010, 11:13 PM
ha! You don't honestly think Arians and co is capable of putting up more then 20 points on the Raiders do you? The Pats defense stinks and we could do nothing against them....(the last 10 minutes do not count) We'll be lucky to score 17 points next week...and that's assuming our defense sets us up for some easy points.

Raiders are on a role. They'll be the first 100 yard rushing team on the Steelers...

This was an odd day... A lot of good teams lost against subpar teams.. I'd love to see the Steelers in the playoffs, but they just look like shit... but there have been many 8-8 and 9-7 teams that made the playoffs and made it to the superbowl.. so idk... But its hard to take this team seriously.

finesward
11-14-2010, 11:15 PM

Yeah I do. Have fun cheering for the raiders next week :noidea:

lardlad
11-14-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm sorry but I just don't like Coach Tomlin. I hate to see a guy so comfortable with his headphones watching his team disintegrate. He came out flat and so did his team. This team looks incredibly stale. The receiving corps is terrible.

Come on do you rate a judge by how emotional they are? Did Belicheck look flat? Did he look flat last week when they got stomped on? That's ridiculous.

One thing I will blame on Tomlin is he is the head guy and it all stops with him. His team did not look prepared at all and he needs to step in on the offensive play calling. He couldn't do much worse. Anyone else notice when we go in hurry up, and the genius isn't dialing in another beauty, they tend to do well?

Oh BTW wait 'til Ben gets back. Don't get me wrong I think Ben is a great QB, but they are missing something, like a n OC maybe, but this has been going on for a while.

ZoneBlitzer
11-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Raiders are on a role. They'll be the first 100 yard rushing team on the Steelers...

This was an odd day... A lot of good teams lost against subpar teams.. I'd love to see the Steelers in the playoffs, but they just look like shit... but there have been many 8-8 and 9-7 teams that made the playoffs and made it to the superbowl.. so idk... But its hard to take this team seriously.

Raiders will beat this team next week.

chizzler
11-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Sucks livin in New England and being a Steeler fan. Can't stand the Pats.

pitt0wns
11-14-2010, 11:59 PM
This guy is a joke and has been ever since he stopped coaching WRs.

Steeler Nation needs to rally and chant "FIRE BRUCE" every home game from here on out or something.

Fire Arians
11-15-2010, 12:01 AM
while i don't disagree with you, this game was a total team loss in every facet of the game. offense, defense, special teams, coaching, execution were all horrible. i don't even know where to start on things to fix after seeing what happened today.

madtowndrunkard
11-15-2010, 12:11 AM
while i don't disagree with you, this game was a total team loss in every facet of the game. offense, defense, special teams, coaching, execution were all horrible. i don't even know where to start on things to fix after seeing what happened today.

Well you may be partly right.....but it's pretty rare when our defense can't at least slow an offense down. Up until this year our kicker was good. Our ST's have been solid all season....minus Reed. The only consistent issue I see is our offense. We consistently under achieve with a unit full of talent. Our offense took a step back when Arians took over and it's been consistently poor ever since. Just because you can air it out does not make your offense good. You have to manage the game. You have to manage the clock. You have to bail out your defense at least once in a while.

LambertWardSteel
11-15-2010, 12:11 AM
I am sick and tired of seeing this team get owned by the cheaters every game. I wish they had even the slightest realization how badly the cheats are hated by the Steeler fan base and put that energy into a game. This was just sickening. They looked like a JV coached and player team. Tomlin and crew gave them a gift better than taped signals. Now we have to listen to the media gushing about the great SB-bound NE pats being the best team in the NFL, and we miss the chance to go a game up on Balt.

finesward
11-15-2010, 12:45 AM

coming from someone who only watched half the game that's understandable

Fire Arians
11-15-2010, 12:54 AM

if you're cool with watching a total halfassed effort against a team that just marches into our house and owns us every time then by all means if that makes you feel better. I had to go hit some weights cause if i didn't burn some aggression off my TV would have gone flying out the window.

oh and i managed to catch over half of the 4th quarter so 2/3 ;) It didn't take more than 1 quarter of watching that game to know the team wasn't playing with any sense of urgency at all. So you're saying people who didn't watch the entire game aren't real fans? Then I guess over 50 thousand fans that showed up to the stadium aren't real fans, cause the place was empty in the 4th quarter

and get off my jock ******

Kanata-Steeler
11-15-2010, 01:02 AM

What "game" ? , sry, but this wasn't even a "game" after the 1st 10 minutes.
Instead, it was more like Tom Brady making love to the Steelers -if u know what I mean ;)

finesward
11-15-2010, 06:52 AM
You can't bitch about the players giving up and seeming disinterested and then go ahead and do the very same thing by turning the game off or leaving early to beat the traffic. That's where we differ I guess. Hey to each his own. I guess true fan's are the ones who watch the entire game only if we are winning or playing a sub-par team. I watch the games even when they are playing the better team, which is what NE was. I look for the guys who are stepping up and playing hard even when the game is out of reach (sanders comes to mind) I look for how our QB responds, how the coaches try to react. Not how to beat the traffic or avoid smashing my TV. BTW I hear those roid's tend to do that...

Why is everyone so surprised we got dominated? People seem to forget they have had our number for years, reg season and playoffs. This year is no different. They had a better team, better coach, better effort. I'm not calling it quits on my team though, but by all means, feel free to pack it in for the year. :drink:

NYC_Steeler
11-15-2010, 06:59 AM
This team managed to get by using smoke and mirrors. Well, the smoke has cleared and everyone can see that the emperor is not wearing any clothes. This was a wakeup call alright - to the rest of the NFL: the Steelers are an average team who beat up on weaker opponents and can't play with the big guys. Is the season over? The fat lady is warming up...

plenewken
11-15-2010, 07:00 AM
We are the Pats' b*tch. They own us year in and year out, plain and simple.
They do to us what we <used to> do to the Browns. No more, no less.
It's embarrassing, it really is.

TRH
11-15-2010, 07:13 AM
This team managed to get by using smoke and mirrors. Well, the smoke has cleared and everyone can see that the emperor is not wearing any clothes. This was a wakeup call alright - to the rest of the NFL: the Steelers are an average team who beat up on weaker opponents and can't play with the big guys. Is the season over? The fat lady is warming up...

you're right. And don't forget, the majority of "wins" we did have were barely squeaked out, some within a play or two of losing anyway (for all those people who were saying "well, we're 6-2, blah, blah, blah.....")
Average team. At best.

steelcity1974
11-15-2010, 07:46 AM

He was laughing it up with the refs during halftime. He can celebrate success with the players, but when we suck he just takes it in stride...glad he doesn't care.

SteelCityMom
11-15-2010, 10:01 AM
You can't bitch about the players giving up and seeming disinterested and then go ahead and do the very same thing by turning the game off or leaving early to beat the traffic. That's where we differ I guess. Hey to each his own. I guess true fan's are the ones who watch the entire game only if we are winning or playing a sub-par team. I watch the games even when they are playing the better team, which is what NE was. I look for the guys who are stepping up and playing hard even when the game is out of reach (sanders comes to mind) I look for how our QB responds, how the coaches try to react. Not how to beat the traffic or avoid smashing my TV. BTW I hear those roid's tend to do that...

Why is everyone so surprised we got dominated? People seem to forget they have had our number for years, reg season and playoffs. This year is no different. They had a better team, better coach, better effort. I'm not calling it quits on my team though, but by all means, feel free to pack it in for the year. :drink:

Dude...STFU. It was a HORRIBLE game. Pure shit. If someone turned off their TV because they were so pissed, that's normal. It doesn't mean they are bandwagon. It doesn't mean they've given up on the team forever. It means they were pissed about the shitty team (who looked like they could barely even give a shit) they saw playing last night.

And calling someone a roid head because they went and worked out to let some anger go is childish. Grow up. Stop acting like you're the poster boy for the perfect fan. It's really lame.

And not for nothing, but I tend to agree on your last point. I'm not surprised either that they lost. The Steelers have a horrid record against the Pats. What I was most upset about was the effort. From coaches to kickers, EVERYONE looked disinterested. After Ben's pick 6 I just shut it the fcuk off. I was just pissed. I turned it back on 10 minutes later :chuckle: but I just couldn't look anymore at that moment. It happens sometimes. I've been a Pens fan longer than I've been a Steelers fan, and I've shut off hockey games before too. Not many, but sometimes you just can't look anymore.

Now, get off your high horse and move on already.

tony hipchest
11-15-2010, 10:08 AM
for those of you who brought it up, tomlin really DOESNT care. he's just using this gig as a springboard to an acting career.

this year he has been working on his "stoic" look.

:rolleyes:

Stu Pidasso
11-15-2010, 10:59 AM
William Gay couldn't cover a fat girl in a sleeping bag.

mikegrimey
11-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I just think the Patriots with Belichik and Brady are THAT team to us. You know, that team that always seems to beat you no matter what.

Kind of how the Chargers are that team to the Colts, they seem to have no problem executing a good game plan against them regardless of how they've been playing.

Or how we seem to know how to run the ball effectively against the Chargers every time we play them.

It's a damn shame but all I know is the coaches need to be willing to think outside the box and trying some new stuff if we are fortunate enough to meet up with the Patriots again. It's embarassing that the Browns are getting coached up that much better than us, they took the Jets to OT too and almost won, wonder if we will perform that well against them?

plenewken
11-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Compare Ben's resignated attitude to Brady's yelling at his troops on the sideline and you tell me who most wanted the W last night.

Lord of Lombardi
11-15-2010, 12:13 PM

Fines(ahole)ward Here's something to shove in yer mouth...Yes, we can. SCMom has every right to be a fan as they so choose. As do I. If I am pissed beyond being able to stomach how the team is playing from our kicker to our coach then I'll do what takes away the sting of this loss. I don't think you can count on me recalling what Finesward said to do in order to be a good abiding non bandwagoner fan. I don't know who the bigger idiot is you or Sir Jeff Shank a lot Reed? By the way, he said we boo him too much. I thought I'd ask you if we were still allowed to boo or does that mean we are now Raven fans if we do? No one said anythin about packing it in for the year but you're a arse if you think you can influence anyone on how to properly cheer for their team. The only thing you properly accomplished was how to be an ass.

Third Rail
11-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Well, to be fair, I think Ben is still trying to win back some favor with his teammates, so yelling and screaming at them probably wouldn't help. I don't know though. It really seemed like they were hardly trying last night, collectively. Why? I don't know. Or maybe they just knew they were beaten early on and had no clue how to make corrections.

What's scary is that the Pats HAVEN'T been all that good this season. They just narrowly edged out the Bills and the Ravens, and the Jets beat them. And those are all teams who we are playing in the coming weeks.

I can handle a loss to the Patriots. A loss to the Bills will probably have me jumping off a bridge.

plenewken
11-15-2010, 12:15 PM
I can handle a loss to the Patriots. A loss to the Bills will probably have me jumping off a bridge.

What about a loss to the Raiders?

Third Rail
11-15-2010, 12:20 PM
What about a loss to the Raiders?

Suffered through that last season when the Raiders were a horrible team. Now they've improved. So, yeah... I'm dreading Sunday.

Although, sometimes the Steelers are a mixed bag. Half the time the seem to take a crap on the field while playing a bad team, and then will rise up and knock out a great team. Last year was a good example... they got leveled by the Browns and then came back the next week and beat the Packers. So who knows.

tony hipchest
11-15-2010, 12:24 PM
will somebody please post the newest power ranking by ANY media outlet so i can bitch about that too?

If we are lucky we will be "disrespected" and dropped atleast 5 slots.

thanks.

:applaudit:

MattsMe
11-15-2010, 12:26 PM
will somebody please post the newest power ranking by ANY media outlet so i can bitch about that too?

thanks.

*googles boston sports media*

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Well, to be fair, I think Ben is still trying to win back some favor with his teammates, so yelling and screaming at them probably wouldn't help..

Ben wasn't bashful about showing how pi**ed off he was when Sanders ran the wrong route (a recurring problem that might earn Sanders a seat next week) at the goal line before Skippy's missed kick. The team just looked dazed from the start last night

The team has regressed on both sides of the ball since #7 returned. Injuries on both lines have played a part, but it as if the team was so focused on no excuses play with #7 missing in action that the team lost focus when Roethlisberger returned

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2010, 12:37 PM

thanks.

1. VACANT. Sorry. I watched every good team in football last Thursday and over the weekend, and there isn't a number one. I guess if there were one, I'd take the team that beat Detroit and Cleveland, both in overtime, over the last eight days. That team is ...

2. New York Jets (7-2). Mark Sanchez one day will draft a line of demarcation on his career, and the line will come before Sunday's game in Cleveland. That was a powerfully strong performance against many odds and one very bad calf.

3. New England (7-2). Al Michaels said five minutes into the second quarter Sunday night: "The Pittsburgh Steelers ... 18 offensive plays, 18 yards.'' Tully Banta-Cain, Rob Ninkovich, Devin McCourty -- those are becoming prime-time players and we'd better get to know their names.

4. Atlanta (7-2). Matt Ryan can win big games. That's what I take from Thursday night's pulse-pounder over Baltimore, and it's a great sign for games with Green Bay and New Orleans coming up in the season's last seven weeks.

5. Green Bay (6-3). Now we find out if the Pack's for real: Starting Sunday, three of their games within the next month are at Minnesota (in their last meeting, presumably, with Brett Favre), at Atlanta and at New England. Killer sked, Pack.

6. Baltimore (6-3). Played the Falcons very close in Atlanta.

7. Pittsburgh (6-3). Didn't play the Patriots close at home. That's the difference between 6 and 7. That and the offensive-line injuries to the Steelers. That made the Patriots look like a bunch of jail-escapees on defense Sunday night

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/14/monday-morning-qb-week-10/2.html

They were #2 last week so dropping 4 spots apparentky is not a diss:chuckle:

MillerMania83
11-15-2010, 12:41 PM
BOTTOM LINE, the Patriots OWN US, they just do, we are their b!tches, and it's embarrassing to watch.

I can't remember a Steelers game where it was so OBVIOUS that we were TOTALLY OUT COACHED and TOTALLY OUT PLAYED on both sides of the ball.

The Pats got embarrassed by the Browns the week before, so what did the Steelers think they were gonna get, another effort like that, NO WAY in he!!...Ya knew you were going to get the Pats/Brady/Belicheck's best shot....And thats how we played and were prepared for it, PLEASE.

NE has 4 rookie starters on D, FREAKIN' 4 (by the way how many do we have, lol) and we can pound the ball down their throat or dictate how our O wants to play the game, again, PLEASE.

The D looks OLD and totally uninspired right now....SCREW that zone coverage, IT DOESN'T WORK with this bunch of guys...It's just lets the other team get in rythem and move the ball down the field....If you are gonna get burned like they are now, get burned bringing the house and rolling the dice....Brady's jersey looked like it just came out of the washing machine, not a grass stain on it....Ya send 3 guys for pressure, get none, I'm sorry but Brady is a MVP for a reason, he's going to find someone open.

It's so obvious anymore to EVERYONE, but Wm Gay can't cover ANYONE, he's lousy, he needs to sat down and heck, throw a rookie in there or soemthin' can't do know worse....The secondary is lousy, and it has been for awhile, it's the same guys getting burned week in and week out, year in and year out....If we can see that, why can't the Steelers.

Bruce Arians is LOUSY, and he's been for awhile, we all know, why don't the Steelers....Lousy adjustements made, and when they are it's usually too late....The O has talent, the WR's corp IMO has a BRIGHT future, but guys like ARE have to come up big while these guys get better, and they are NOT....Ben is an elite QB, but like it's been said, why don't you do EVERYTHING YOU CAN to go out there and put the BEST O line in front of him (can you imagine Ben if he was behind the Pats O line, LIGHTS OUT) and let him be the 100 million QB, instead it's the same ole same ole, if we can see this, WHY CAN'T the Steelers (although Pouncey is a stud).

This team can go to ways after last night, in the tank or take it as a wake up call...And with the injuries mounting up, I'm really not sure what way it's gonna go....Right now I'm thinking we could be on the outside of the playoff lookin in 2 yrs in a row, but we shall see.

tony hipchest
11-15-2010, 12:45 PM
dammit! we werent dissed enough.

now we arent flying enough below the radar.

the chip on our shoulder will not be big enough to fire us up for wins.

its not cold enough to start playing december football.

:shout:-PANIC!!!

i guess the good thing is, if we do make the playoffs (while not beating the ravens or jets) we will be underdogs (no matter who we play).

MillerMania83
11-15-2010, 12:51 PM
And I almost forgot about our K, lol...He's DONE, should've been cut this morning....Bottom line, he's just proving it week after week that he should be gone....It's in his head, and the you can tell the players don't trust him either right now....After he missed that kick they showed the sideline and the guys just hung their heads when he missed....It's over for him in Pittsburgh, time to find someone else....He WILL COST US a game or 2 or 3 before the year is out, and could be the reason we miss the playoffs again.

Hate to say this also, but where has Troy been lately, not breaking up plays, seems to be guessing wrong on his rushes (and isn't getting there anyway), hasn't been close to a pick in weeks.

IMO there needs to be some serious coaching going on the next few weeks, and if things don't change or show improvement, then some of those coaches need to GO (umm, cough cough, BA)....Nothing wrong with retooling/revamping, EVERY TEAM has to do it....And after watching the Pats last night, they seem to be doing it VERY WELL.

stb_steeler
11-15-2010, 12:56 PM

Did you see Brady yelling at his team, what ever it was he said worked. I dont see any of that on Steelers sideline, not since Porter.

stb_steeler
11-15-2010, 01:03 PM
BOTTOM LINE, the Patriots OWN US, they just do, we are their b!tches, and it's embarrassing to watch.

I can't remember a Steelers game where it was so OBVIOUS that we were TOTALLY OUT COACHED and TOTALLY OUT PLAYED on both sides of the ball.

The Pats got embarrassed by the Browns the week before, so what did the Steelers think they were gonna get, another effort like that, NO WAY in he!!...Ya knew you were going to get the Pats/Brady/Belicheck's best shot....And thats how we played and were prepared for it, PLEASE.

NE has 4 rookie starters on D, FREAKIN' 4 (by the way how many do we have, lol) and we can pound the ball down their throat or dictate how our O wants to play the game, again, PLEASE.

The D looks OLD and totally uninspired right now....SCREW that zone coverage, IT DOESN'T WORK with this bunch of guys...It's just lets the other team get in rythem and move the ball down the field....If you are gonna get burned like they are now, get burned bringing the house and rolling the dice....Brady's jersey looked like it just came out of the washing machine, not a grass stain on it....Ya send 3 guys for pressure, get none, I'm sorry but Brady is a MVP for a reason, he's going to find someone open.

It's so obvious anymore to EVERYONE, but Wm Gay can't cover ANYONE, he's lousy, he needs to sat down and heck, throw a rookie in there or soemthin' can't do know worse....The secondary is lousy, and it has been for awhile, it's the same guys getting burned week in and week out, year in and year out....If we can see that, why can't the Steelers.

Bruce Arians is LOUSY, and he's been for awhile, we all know, why don't the Steelers....Lousy adjustements made, and when they are it's usually too late....The O has talent, the WR's corp IMO has a BRIGHT future, but guys like ARE have to come up big while these guys get better, and they are NOT....Ben is an elite QB, but like it's been said, why don't you do EVERYTHING YOU CAN to go out there and put the BEST O line in front of him (can you imagine Ben if he was behind the Pats O line, LIGHTS OUT) and let him be the 100 million QB, instead it's the same ole same ole, if we can see this, WHY CAN'T the Steelers (although Pouncey is a stud).

This team can go to ways after last night, in the tank or take it as a wake up call...And with the injuries mounting up, I'm really not sure what way it's gonna go....Right now I'm thinking we could be on the outside of the playoff lookin in 2 yrs in a row, but we shall see.

Well said, Steelers look the same week in week out, nothing changes. Teams dont fear us anymore they can read us like a book. There is so many things that need addressed right now and we dont see it happening. Patriots have one of the worse run D's in the league and we didnt even try to take advantage of that.

plenewken
11-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Last year was a good example... they got leveled by the Browns and then came back the next week and beat the Packers. So who knows.

Last year, the "good example" was that they were 6-2, then lost 5 games in a row, the last one being against the Browns and the W against the Packers the week after was far from being convincing. They narrowly escaped their 6th loss in a row by beating the Packers 37-36 at home.
I hope history doesn't repeat itself but I'm far from being confident for next Sunday's game after what I saw last night.

finesward
11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Dude...STFU. It was a HORRIBLE game. Pure shit. If someone turned off their TV because they were so pissed, that's normal. It doesn't mean they are bandwagon. It doesn't mean they've given up on the team forever. It means they were pissed about the shitty team (who looked like they could barely even give a shit) they saw playing last night.

And calling someone a roid head because they went and worked out to let some anger go is childish. Grow up. Stop acting like you're the poster boy for the perfect fan. It's really lame.

And not for nothing, but I tend to agree on your last point. I'm not surprised either that they lost. The Steelers have a horrid record against the Pats. What I was most upset about was the effort. From coaches to kickers, EVERYONE looked disinterested. After Ben's pick 6 I just shut it the fcuk off. I was just pissed. I turned it back on 10 minutes later :chuckle: but I just couldn't look anymore at that moment. It happens sometimes. I've been a Pens fan longer than I've been a Steelers fan, and I've shut off hockey games before too. Not many, but sometimes you just can't look anymore.

Now, get off your high horse and move on already.

Again, just the difference between you and me. TO EACH HIS or in your case HER F'N OWN. Not trying to change how you cheer for a team, but to give up and become disinterested when the chips are down or because they are playing poorly, is the same exact thing the team did last night. I was highly pissed, but not surprised, like you. And because I wasn't surprised by how flat they were playing I didn't get angry, whereas you and others did. Not enough to turn the game off. In the AFC championship game against NE I was sick to my stomach mad, but I never turned it off. Why was this game any different? Ben threw a pick six in that game...did you turn it off back then too? The injuries really took a toll last night, having hines and timmons out was killer, and i was watching to see if anyone stepped up..but no one did. Randle el makes me want to vomit with all the dropped passes, and jeff reed has finally dried up. I want to see sanders move up in the depth chart immediately and tomlin have a try out like cowher did and find someone who can outkick jeff, or at least push his ugly ass to do better

finesward
11-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Fines(ahole)ward Here's something to shove in yer mouth...Yes, we can. SCMom has every right to be a fan as they so choose. As do I. If I am pissed beyond being able to stomach how the team is playing from our kicker to our coach then I'll do what takes away the sting of this loss. I don't think you can count on me recalling what Finesward said to do in order to be a good abiding non bandwagoner fan. I don't know who the bigger idiot is you or Sir Jeff Shank a lot Reed? By the way, he said we boo him too much. I thought I'd ask you if we were still allowed to boo or does that mean we are now Raven fans if we do? No one said anythin about packing it in for the year but you're a arse if you think you can influence anyone on how to properly cheer for their team. The only thing you properly accomplished was how to be an ass.

hey if bitching and moaning makes your wheels spin, please go right ahead. you deserve this loss, it'll let the inner whiner get a chance to come out and play. go ahead...wahhhh wahhhhh wahhhhhh yourself all the way till next sunday if it'll make your hurt feelings go away

tony hipchest
11-15-2010, 01:28 PM
In the AFC championship game against NE I was sick to my stomach mad, but I never turned it off. Why was this game any different?

:confused:

you really dont know the difference between a championship game and a game half way through the season?

calm down.

SteelCityMom
11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Again, just the difference between you and me. TO EACH HIS or in your case HER F'N OWN. Not trying to change how you cheer for a team, but to give up and become disinterested when the chips are down or because they are playing poorly, is the same exact thing the team did last night. I was highly pissed, but not surprised, like you. And because I wasn't surprised by how flat they were playing I didn't get angry, whereas you and others did. Not enough to turn the game off. In the AFC championship game against NE I was sick to my stomach mad, but I never turned it off. Why was this game any different? Ben threw a pick six in that game...did you turn it off back then too? The injuries really took a toll last night, having hines and timmons out was killer, and i was watching to see if anyone stepped up..but no one did. Randle el makes me want to vomit with all the dropped passes, and jeff reed has finally dried up. I want to see sanders move up in the depth chart immediately and tomlin have a try out like cowher did and find someone who can outkick jeff, or at least push his ugly ass to do better

Honestly, the AFC game in '04 I didn't get to watch. I was busy running a night club then, and running shows and making money took precedence over football (unfortunately). I got to watch very few games between '04 and '07 b/c of it. Had to rely on newspapers and highlights to get the low down.

My main point though was...if it's just a difference in how a fan watches the game, or cheers for a team, and you aren't trying to change that...then why follow a guy around and basically call him a bad fan, bandwagoner and roid head because of it. :noidea:

At least stick to your guns. All you're doing is backtracking now. If you think someone is a bandwagoner cause they get pissed off and shut a game off for a little while...fine, nothing is going to change your opinion. But don't expect people to take that opinion lying down. I for one think it's bullshit. Sometimes (at least on my end) you just get so pissed off when you see a team (that has a ton of talent) show no interest or drive whatsoever. That's the only times I will shut off a game. I almost always turn it back on within 15 minutes, but some people just need to clear their heads.

I've seen a lot of crappy teams, from the Steelers and the Pens. I can count on one hand how many times I've turned off games from both teams. It's always been when I know they have a ton of talent, but just aren't even trying. I just can't stand pathetic displays like that.

Lord of Lombardi
11-15-2010, 01:39 PM
hey if bitching and moaning makes your wheels spin, please go right ahead. you deserve this loss, it'll let the inner whiner get a chance to come out and play. go ahead...wahhhh wahhhhh wahhhhhh yourself all the way till next sunday if it'll make your hurt feelings go away

What will make me feel better is when fans like you stop telling the rest of us how to cheer when we win or lose, or provide us with your definition of a Bandwagoner, and then call us whiner's when we question you or tell you rightfully so to STFU. Then you back pedal with your pathetic attempt at justification. Here's a suggestion, take your pad and pencil, and all those notes on players who you want to see step up when we're getting killed or embarrased, and have another shirley temple as you write a column for cheering etiquette. You belong at a Tennis match not representing a fan of this organization. :hatsoff:

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I was busy running a night club then, and running shows and making money took precedence .

:thumbsup:

Got to pay the bills.

I could have stayed up until the bitter end last night but guessed correctly the game was over after the turf and mean fans caused Reed to miss the kick (I am attempting to shift blame in case Skippy reads these boards to verify the level of fan support:chuckle:). So I turned off the game because I did not regard getting more upset and losing at least 1hour of sleep while having a work commitment early this morning made much sense.

To the extent that makes me a bandwagon jumper after following this team since the Bill Austin/Kent Nix era so be it.

Unlike the playoffs there is always next week.

chacha
11-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Did you see Brady yelling at his team, what ever it was he said worked. I dont see any of that on Steelers sideline, not since Porter.

Little Lord Fartnenoy Brady always is yelling at his team, sometimes they win, sometimes they dont

finesward
11-15-2010, 02:57 PM
What will make me feel better is when fans like you stop telling the rest of us how to cheer when we win or lose, or provide us with your definition of a Bandwagoner, and then call us whiner's when we question you or tell you rightfully so to STFU. Then you back pedal with your pathetic attempt at justification. Here's a suggestion, take your pad and pencil, and all those notes on players who you want to see step up when we're getting killed or embarrased, and have another shirley temple as you write a column for cheering etiquette. You belong at a Tennis match not representing a fan of this organization. :hatsoff:

hey this is the bitching thread, so i have every right to bitch about fans who walk out on a game or turn off the tv to go workout instead of sticking with the team and not giving up hope or at least looking for a couple bright spots in the pile of shit. the roid thing was a joke...really? really??? guess your sarcasm detectors are broken... didn't mean to start a hissy fit...just pointing out that this guy claims he stopped watching at half time, then later on fesses up he turned the game back on. I don't get people who can't stomach watching a game when they are losing. Especially when it's 10-3 and your turning the game off???? REALLY?

go ahead and whine all you like, by all means don't let me interfere with your recovery process. I would hope a fan of this organization wouldn't turn their backs on their team when they are losing. But if that makes you a better fan than me congratulations, you are a shining example that I will forever try to exemplify.

finesward
11-15-2010, 02:59 PM
:thumbsup:

Got to pay the bills.

I could have stayed up until the bitter end last night but guessed correctly the game was over after the turf and mean fans caused Reed to miss the kick (I am attempting to shift blame in case Skippy reads these boards to verify the level of fan support:chuckle:). So I turned off the game because I did not regard getting more upset and losing at least 1hour of sleep while having a work commitment early this morning made much sense.

To the extent that makes me a bandwagon jumper after following this team since the Bill Austin/Kent Nix era so be it.

Unlike the playoffs there is always next week.

bandwagon jumper? no...old man? maybe... :chuckle:

Lord of Lombardi
11-15-2010, 03:28 PM
hey this is the bitching thread, so i have every right to bitch about fans who walk out on a game or turn off the tv to go workout instead of sticking with the team and not giving up hope or at least looking for a couple bright spots in the pile of shit. the roid thing was a joke...really? really??? guess your sarcasm detectors are broken... didn't mean to start a hissy fit...just pointing out that this guy claims he stopped watching at half time, then later on fesses up he turned the game back on. I don't get people who can't stomach watching a game when they are losing. Especially when it's 10-3 and your turning the game off???? REALLY?

go ahead and whine all you like, by all means don't let me interfere with your recovery process. I would hope a fan of this organization wouldn't turn their backs on their team when they are losing. But if that makes you a better fan than me congratulations, you are a shining example that I will forever try to exemplify.

Tell us again what defines a true fan as you did in your initial post? Your back peddling is confusing me. After all as you put it "I watch the game even when they are playing good teams" Are you seriously telling me that you are what we have to look forward to as a fellow fan? Now I know why we lost last night. NE must fan base must be laughing hysterically.

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
bandwagon jumper? no...old man? maybe... :chuckle:

Old man definitely and one who knows not to ever call out someone else for not meeting their own definiton of who is a true fan

finesward
11-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Tell us again what defines a true fan as you did in your initial post? Your back peddling is confusing me. After all as you put it "I watch the game even when they are playing good teams" Are you seriously telling me that you are what we have to look forward to as a fellow fan? Now I know why we lost last night. NE must fan base must be laughing hysterically.

your not the only one who's confused...

umm who's backtracking??? i've said the same thing consistently in all my posts. i don't understand ppl that stop watching a game when the team is losing to a clearly better team and then get all angry and come online to whine and complain and list what needs to be fixed, like they are the next chuck noll (even while turning the game off at half). again, the difference between your type and my type. to each their own. if that's what get's you through the week without shooting your face off. btw here's you your initial post... I am sick and tired of seeing this team get owned by the cheaters every game. translation... wahhh wahhh wahhh!! yeah new england's fan base is probably laughing at guys like you crying about always losing to the patriots. this is what i have to look forward to as a fellow fan?

but clearly your the type who always has to have the last word, so by all means......
carry on

finesward
11-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Old man definitely and one who knows not to ever call out someone else for not meeting their own definiton of who is a true fan

i'm not claiming to be a true fan, never did. just that i am a fan. i don't get how people can bitch about a team that looks disinterested, and then themselves become disinterested and turn the game off. your holding the players to a higher standard than you as a fan cheering for them. isn't that what a fan is? a person who supports a team? where is the support in turning off a game or walking out of the stadium early? now if you have perfectly reasonable excuses like waking up early, old age, roid rage :chuckle:, or anger management issues, then by all means turning off the game is the right thing to do.

i was talking to fire arians who claimed he turned the game off at half time. Now i know he is a fan because he ended up turning the game back on, as did scmom. If that's me backtracking, consider me backtracked...:coffee:

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2010, 04:08 PM
i'm not claiming to be a true fan, never did. just that i am a fan. i don't get how people can bitch about a team that looks disinterested, and then themselves become disinterested and turn the game off. your holding the players to a higher standard than you as a fan cheering for them.

It's supposed to be entertainment for me - it is a profession for them - if the customer does not like the performance (and I have paid enough for Sunday Ticket over the years to count as a customer) there is nothing wrong with changing the channel.

If how the Steelers play really means as much to you as it does to them and you believe fans need to be as committed to watching the game as the players do to playing it, get back to me only after you find your life that you apparently have misplaced:noidea:

btaylor179
11-15-2010, 04:55 PM
this is where it all started last year kc oaklnd clevel.......hope this sunday is different but im worried about a number of thing.....pass rush,o line.dbs.KICKING game......we look terrible out there and with the miami game we were given we could easily be 5 and 4 or worse if we didnt hang in there against bungles

finesward
11-15-2010, 08:41 PM
It's supposed to be entertainment for me - it is a profession for them - if the customer does not like the performance (and I have paid enough for Sunday Ticket over the years to count as a customer) there is nothing wrong with changing the channel.

If how the Steelers play really means as much to you as it does to them and you believe fans need to be as committed to watching the game as the players do to playing it, get back to me only after you find your life that you apparently have misplaced:noidea:

So your a fan of pittsburgh to be entertained? And when they are not entertaining you, you tune out. Fair enough. Kinda like paying 10 bucks to see a movie and then walking out because it's so bad. Difference is, it's not a movie, it's a sport. It's a team. There are different types of fans, those that take your stance, and those that take mine. To each his own. For 4 hours every sunday/monday (except the by week) for a few months out of the year, the steelers are my life. It's one of my many passions in life.
When we lost to the pats in 04, then came back the next year winning on the road to take the lombardi...that was special. Losing that game the way we lost this game last night was part of what made that special. Sunny days wouldn't be so nice unless it rained every once and a while. :drink:
You consider yourself a consumer, i consider myself a supporter. again. TO EACH THEIR OWN!! move on already... not asking anyone to do anything differently. just pointing out how differently us "fans" deal with bad games, i don't understand how you can rationale turning it off in the same way you would walk out of a bad movie, but that's just me. :noidea:

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2010, 07:17 AM
So your a fan of pittsburgh to be entertained? And when they are not entertaining you, you tune out. Fair enough. Kinda like paying 10 bucks to see a movie and then walking out because it's so bad. Difference is, it's not a movie, it's a sport. It's a team. There are different types of fans, those that take your stance, and those that take mine. To each his own. For 4 hours every sunday/monday (except the by week) for a few months out of the year, the steelers are my life. It's one of my many passions in life.
When we lost to the pats in 04, then came back the next year winning on the road to take the lombardi...that was special. Losing that game the way we lost this game last night was part of what made that special. Sunny days wouldn't be so nice unless it rained every once and a while. :drink:
You consider yourself a consumer, i consider myself a supporter. again. TO EACH THEIR OWN!! move on already... not asking anyone to do anything differently. just pointing out how differently us "fans" deal with bad games, i don't understand how you can rationale turning it off in the same way you would walk out of a bad movie, but that's just me. :noidea:

Whatever - welcome to my ignore list:drink:

finesward
11-16-2010, 07:25 AM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/3d/Wankin.gif aw shucks