PDA

View Full Version : Patriots re-sign two.

Livinginthe past
03-26-2006, 01:06 AM
The Pats officially announced the re-signings of receiver Troy Brown and guard Stephen Neal yesterday. Both players had taken free agent visits (Neal with at least four teams and Brown most notably with the Jets), but decided to buck the trend of departing Pats by remaining in Foxboro.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=132105

Neal is a nice signing, still has plenty of upside after taking up football late.

Brown will offer some much needed familiarity for Tom Brady in the WR corps.

NM

3 to be 4
03-26-2006, 07:54 AM
thats called "reaching" for good news. I was hoping for news about Edinger,Moulds, or somebody who can play LB. although I do "trust in Bill" and the draft i eagerly await.

Livinginthe past
03-26-2006, 08:22 AM
thats called "reaching" for good news. I was hoping for news about Edinger,Moulds, or somebody who can play LB. although I do "trust in Bill" and the draft i eagerly await.

Beggars can't be choosers :cool:

Everyone is going crazy wondering exactly where all this spare cash is going - the latest guess is a draft day trade.

NM

3 to be 4
03-26-2006, 09:58 AM
even with signing Seymour and Branch, there seems to be plenty left over to make some hay (hey?)

RoethlisBURGHer
03-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Get Brown back is a big lift for you guys.

I am not to familiar with Neal,so I won't pass anu judgement on him.

boLT fan
03-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Damn... I was hoping that SD would sign Neal.

Livinginthe past
03-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Neal is excellent at run-blocking but not quite so hot at pass protection - which makes him a rarity in the Pats O-Line.

Most memorable moves were his pulls to the outside and lead blocks for players on the screen pass - you will most likely remember Daniel Graham's galloping run down the sideline against Atlanta last year - he creamed a couple of Atlanta Scaredy Cats on the way.

He spent most, if not all his college career as a wrestler - he has alot of upside as he continues to learn the game.

NM