PDA

View Full Version : so when will the fine......

TRH
11-14-2010, 11:07 PM
....be announced on the NE player for the clear helmet-to-helmet hit on Hines? Tomorrow? Tuesday???

There better be. Thats TWICE. To Hines. This game and in the N. Orleans game.
If this was a Steeler there would be an imminent fine coming.....

If i was Tomlin i would complain to the league if there is no word. I don't like the new "sissy" rules AT ALL......but if they're going to fine one, they have to fine another and be consistent. And fair.

mesaSteeler
11-14-2010, 11:11 PM
....be announced on the NE player for the clear helmet-to-helmet hit on Hines? Tomorrow? Tuesday???

There better be. Thats TWICE. To Hines. This game and in the N. Orleans game.
If this was a Steeler there would be an imminent fine.

If i was Tomlin i would complain to the league if there is no word. I don't like the new "sissy" rules AT ALL......but if they're going to fine one, they have to fine another and be consistent. And fair.

If it were a Steeler the player would be suspended for the year and the Steelers would lose a number 1 daft pick. Since it was done by #$!%!~ Cheatriot, I expect the Hines will be fined for putting his helmet in the way of the Cheatfilthy's helmet. I'm sure Goodell will award the Belichat another number one draft pick as well.

TRH
11-15-2010, 08:43 AM
so i guess there's not gonna be one. Not even any discussion of it (unless somebody's heard something i haven't). Unreal.

ZoneBlitzer
11-16-2010, 01:45 AM
I don't think there will be one. That just looked like a regular football hit to me. Even Hines said so.

Acerinox
11-16-2010, 02:00 AM
Hines was a big man not to complain about it but...
It was helmet to helmet
It was deliberate
And he was not a legitimate target because he cannot have been a "ball carrier" if he hadn't made the completion yet
But no flag and no fine of course.

rbryan
11-16-2010, 02:08 AM
It was borderline helmet to helmet....just ask Collinsworth

Am I so biased I don't see straight anymore???.....I think if Harrison made that same hit he would be suspended this week.

OX1947
11-16-2010, 02:08 AM
I hope roger goodell chokes on a pretzel.

MattsMe
11-16-2010, 02:14 AM
I hope roger goodell chokes on a pretzel.

:chuckle:

I hope he slips and finds out what a real head injury feels like.

ZoneBlitzer
11-16-2010, 02:38 AM
Hines was a big man not to complain about it but...
It was helmet to helmet
It was deliberate
And he was not a legitimate target because he cannot have been a "ball carrier" if he hadn't made the completion yet
But no flag and no fine of course.

I'm confused now. When is a receiver considered defenseless? In the act of catching?

4xSBChamps
11-16-2010, 04:52 AM
... I think if Harrison made that same hit he would be executed, live, on ESPN this week.

... corrected for factual content...

TRH
11-16-2010, 07:34 AM
It was borderline helmet to helmet....just ask Collinsworth

Am I so biased I don't see straight anymore???.....I think if Harrison made that same hit he would be suspended this week.

That was my point. You can bet your a** with no question that Harrison would be fined this week if he had made that hit.
And even though Ward has come out and said its a legal hit, it's not up to him. Its up to the NFL front office.
The players from weeks past have also said hits were legal, but the opposing players was still fined.
The difference between those instances and this one....is the fact that it involves a Pats player. If it was blatantly obvious and intentional, they would have to fine. But since this was a close call, they won't touch him.
It's BS.
The NFL office has to be FAIR across the board, playing no favorites. You fine one...then you fine the other one.

Curtain_of_Steel
11-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Hines is saying it was a clean hit. I dont think you will get many steelers whining about fining the other team.

What I want to know is, how long will the Favre bs last? How long does it take to investigate text and email messages along with voicemails? The NFL doesnt want to suspend Favre and this crap is dragging on long enough.

fer522
11-16-2010, 11:48 AM

he'd be on death row right now :mad: