PDA

View Full Version : Start out FLAT also against the Raiders?

SoCalFan
11-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Look,the team looked FLAT,out of the gate against the Pats!They better play with some dam emotion next week against the Raiders,the D in particular!If they play the same way,they will get there arses handed to them and there goes the division!Play with anger and pride and we will be fine.Backups or not!

mesaSteeler
11-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Flat! This team looked DEAD out of the gate. It's like they did not care and were only going through the motions. .

ZoneBlitzer
11-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Look,the team looked FLAT,out of the gate against the Pats!They better play with some dam emotion next week against the Raiders,the D in particular!If they play the same way,they will get there arses handed to them and there goes the division!Play with anger and pride and we will be fine.Backups or not!

This team isn't smart enough to try and play cerebral football. They definitely need to come out with emotion and play with a sense of urgency - the offense in particular. The offense needs to make it their mission to succeed on the first three drives. They must come away with points and move the ball. And please, no more running on first down like all the time. Please BA use the pass to set up the run and not the other way around.

Kanata-Steeler
11-15-2010, 01:00 AM
This team isn't smart enough to try and play cerebral football. They definitely need to come out with emotion and play with a sense of urgency - the offense in particular. The offense needs to make it their mission to succeed on the first three drives. They must come away with points and move the ball. And please, no more running on first down like all the time. Please BA use the pass to set up the run and not the other way around.

I am sorry, but you cannot say "cerebral" and "BA" even in the same paragraph, it goes against the laws of nature, ....
;)

Fire Arians
11-15-2010, 01:09 AM
I am sorry, but you cannot say "cerebral" and "BA" even in the same paragraph, it goes against the laws of nature, ....
;)

it's up to tomlin to make a cerebral move and fire arians:chuckle:

anyway i hope our team can get their heads out of their asses, this performance was just pathetic. time for tomlin to 'unleash hell' or what?

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
It is an old team and that creates problems coming off a Monday night game

If they come out flat against the Raiders after what happened last year this season is heading down the chute

These are the games left:

Oakland
@ Buffalo
@ Baltimore
Cincinnati
Jets
Carolina
@Cleveland

Worst case is 10-6 - my bet is 11-5 and a wildcard since I currently have no hope this team can win in Baltimore

mikegrimey
11-15-2010, 01:03 PM
If they come out flat and uninspired against the Raiders there will be alot lot lot of people looking for explanation.

If the offense continues playing this bad I don't see how the FO can justify keeping Arians around for another year.

Right now this team has a lot of injuries but they have to perform and change their game plan to fit those. These Raiders are a fiesty bunch, and I don't expect them to go down easy, but if we can't take care of business with them, I'm going to be convinced that we're just repeating the 09 season over again.

If this squad misses the playoffs 2 years in a row, there has to be some accountability.

Steelerindc
11-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Bruce has his toy back #7, so at the expense of the entire offense the run game will suffer b/c Bruce hates running. Sorry Mendy but you're done for the season, Bruce hates you.

They can't afford to play that BullSh*t zone against any team from now on. If you see Harrison in coverage more than rush the QB then you know the Steelers have given up on the season.

tony hipchest
11-15-2010, 01:13 PM
just for reference, arians is in the final year of his contract.

to our knowledge, there have been no talks of an extension. personally i hope the chargers flop and norv turner gets fired.

plenewken
11-15-2010, 01:13 PM
If this squad misses the playoffs 2 years in a row, there has to be some accountability.

Don't worry, Tomlin is gonna "unleash hell" starting next Sunday against the Raiders. Remember how well it worked last year?

mikegrimey
11-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Don't worry, Tomlin is gonna "unleash hell" starting next Sunday against the Raiders. Remember how well it worked last year?

Ha, I think Tomlin learned his lesson about making bold claims like that in front of video camera.

I still have nightmares of the hell off a leash.

SteelCityMom
11-15-2010, 01:19 PM
just for reference, arians is in the final year of his contract.

to our knowledge, there have been no talks of an extension. personally i hope the chargers flop and norv turner gets fired.

THAT would be the best thing ever. I think Norv is a joke of a HC, but he is and would be an amazing OC. I would cry tears of joy if we picked him up as OC.

Third Rail
11-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Ha, I think Tomlin learned his lesson about making bold claims like that in front of video camera.

I still have nightmares of the hell off a leash.

Transcribed from last night's press conference:

TOMLIN: Yeah... uh.... obviously, uh... we're dissappointed. But, uh, that doesn't change anything. We're about to unleash hell here in December.

REPORTER: Umm... Mike? You don know that December isn't for another couple weeks, right?

TOMLIN: Yeah, I know that. You, uh, think I'm stupid or something? We, uh, expect to get our asses pounded for two more games, but in December I think we'll be fine.

Lord of Lombardi
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
i was wondering if we were allowed to pass on First down? Is there some sort of fine for this? I swear I see other teams doing it. I mean before we are down by 20 points. Think the Raiders are just what the doctor ordered? Listen to this news fellas, since our 27th point in Cincy we've been outscored 60 to 26. This isn't the D's fault, our inept Offense can't sustain drives. We have a WR problem and an OLine problem. D will be worn our just like last year. Arians will be fired as the scape goat and then Tomlin wil have to take the heat. Enough LB's in the draft. We need stud O lineman. And get rid of Oldtown randel el.

mikegrimey
11-15-2010, 01:31 PM
THAT would be the best thing ever. I think Norv is a joke of a HC, but he is and would be an amazing OC. I would cry tears of joy if we picked him up as OC.

Agreed, although I see it as highly unlikely. Rivers has become a beast under Norv

ZoneBlitzer
11-15-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here....I'm predicting a Raiders victory.

Third Rail
11-15-2010, 01:37 PM
i was wondering if we were allowed to pass on First down? Is there some sort of fine for this? I swear I see other teams doing it. I mean before we are down by 20 points. Think the Raiders are just what the doctor ordered? Listen to this news fellas, since our 27th point in Cincy we've been outscored 60 to 26. This isn't the D's fault, our inept Offense can't sustain drives. We have a WR problem and an OLine problem. D will be worn our just like last year. Arians will be fired as the scape goat and then Tomlin wil have to take the heat. Enough LB's in the draft. We need stud O lineman. And get rid of Oldtown randel el.

LOL, but we need to "get back to Steeler Football." We're only allowed to pass on third down, which we ALWAYS get to because our power running game is great at picking up a total of 4 yards on 1st and 2nd. We need to "pound the rock" so that other teams will know... and FEAR... our ability to go 3 & out for the first 10 drives in every game.

plenewken
11-15-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here....I'm predicting a Raiders victory.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

pitt0wns
11-15-2010, 04:01 PM
"Unleash hell" damn that was comedy!

One thing to remember is that our O line is pretty banged up. We have had a lot of injurys this year. I love how we were 4th in the league in rushing and now 9th if not higher now but remember we had a healthier O line at the begining of the season.

Has our Pass D ever been good? Bmac and Gay need a reality check and maybe need benched or something.

Our Pass D is built off pressure and if we cannot get pressure O's pick us apart.

Remember the random Polamalu blitz at the end of the game? Where was that all game. They looked like they had no game plan on D at all!

You can praise dick lebeau all you want but I think its time to get some fresh blood in there.

mikegrimey
11-15-2010, 04:04 PM
One thing I'm interested in seeing in this game is if our Dline can hold up the Run in the absence of Smith and Kiesel. Thus far we haven't gotten tested that much.

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2010, 06:54 PM
just for reference, arians is in the final year of his contract..

Last year of his contract - what are the possibilities?:tap:

If Arians tests positive for pot I guess the Steelers can ship him somewhere for a 5th round draft pick

Or maybe Arians should blame the bad turf at Heinz for messing up his perfectly designed plays and go with this explanation
"If you're not perfect in this city, man, then you're going to hear about it ... Like I said there's 95 percent of those fans that got my back totally and then 5 percent you always hear ... they were bashing me, but that's life, man, you got to move on. The worst thing for me to do would be to fight back at them.