PDA

View Full Version : Owner's meeting proposals...

DIESELMAN
03-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports a few more proposals that are being considered at the NFL owner's meeting next week are: A proposal prohibiting the kicking team from overloading one side of the field with more than seven players on onside kicks, more protection for the long snapper on field-goal attempts and a restriction on blocks in the back on punts. Another proposal would limit the referee's review time on replays from 90 to 60 seconds.

SteelerDan43
03-26-2006, 11:12 AM
I dont like restricting onside kicks, its one of the most exciting plays in the game... keep it that way. The only other one Im on the fence on is the punt block restriction just because I dont know what its restricting. The other two sound good

BlackNGold203
03-26-2006, 11:58 AM
restricting the officials view time from 90 sec to 60 sec???

Whens the last time you saw an official actually take less than 90 sec???

I know its a rule...but it sure isnt enforced

Suitanim
03-26-2006, 02:40 PM
They are attempting to protect the long snapper on punts by keeping a defender lining up straight across from the LS.

Amen on the 60 or 90 seconds. They are gonna ignore any time limit the NFL sets, regardless.

Ambridge
03-26-2006, 02:57 PM
I heard on Sirius NFL Radio that one owner/team official(cant remember which one)is going to propose that "Every Penalty Call" made by the officials be subject to "Challenge and Review".

Suitanim
03-26-2006, 03:02 PM
I heard on Sirius NFL Radio that one owner/team official(cant remember which one)is going to propose that "Every Penalty Call" made by the officials be subject to "Challenge and Review".

Yeah, that makes sense...the game starts at 11 AM and will be over sometime between 4PM and 7 PM.

boLT fan
03-26-2006, 04:03 PM
The Bucs proposed it.

Stlrs4Life
03-26-2006, 09:18 PM
All dumb responses if ya ask me.

schoondog
03-28-2006, 02:34 AM
apparently even under the rule changes Kimos hit would still be legal.

Toughening enforcement on pass rushers who hit quarterbacks below the knees. However, it wouldn't involve hits that defensive players can't avoid, such as the one in last year's playoffs on Cincinnati's Carson Palmer by Kimo von Oelhoffen, then with Pittsburgh, that severely injured Palmer's knee.
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9341673/2

I guess all the whinning the bungles did was a waste of time. :sign09: :monkey: