PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu on a leash?

ethank
11-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Watching the game on NBC I heard one of the broadcasters mentioning that Polamalu has been coached to be more regimented in plays. If this is true, do you think this could be the cause of bad reads on his part, or a combination of the two really hurting the back defense? I think we are all a little upset by the shortage of big plays by him after week 2.

TRH
11-15-2010, 09:53 AM
i haven't really thought about this too much and looked into it that much, but wow, that could be true and it could explain his being somewhat of a non-factor and such. Thats VERY concerning.
The only way you play him is to unleash him. Thats where he's best. The team needs him at his best.
Why are they screwing with success? He's been a beast at what he does.

Steelerindc
11-15-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't know why you would want to do that to one of your best defensive players. It has worked so well for him and the Steelers for 8 yrs now, why change?

BTW, the Dick Labeau must be like the coach from the move "The Water Boy" b/c when Belicheat comes to town he and his defense disappears.

Won't even begin to talk about Bruce.

lionslicer
11-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Watching the game on NBC I heard one of the broadcasters mentioning that Polamalu has been coached to be more regimented in plays. If this is true, do you think this could be the cause of bad reads on his part, or a combination of the two really hurting the back defense? I think we are all a little upset by the shortage of big plays by him after week 2.

He's been playing the same role since week 2. His role has been less than it used to be, but nothing has changed this season, Troy still can roam the field, and he did it a lot last night, but he made mistakes. He attacked the run when it was a pass and he attacked the pass when it was a run, just bad mistakes on his part.

He has been playing more traditional saftey, but that doesn't excuse him from playing poorly. In the New Orleans game he was out of position a lot when he could have had big plays. The whole team is playing badly.

ZoneBlitzer
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
He's been playing the same role since week 2. His role has been less than it used to be, but nothing has changed this season, Troy still can roam the field, and he did it a lot last night, but he made mistakes. He attacked the run when it was a pass and he attacked the pass when it was a run, just bad mistakes on his part.

He has been playing more traditional saftey, but that doesn't excuse him from playing poorly. In the New Orleans game he was out of position a lot when he could have had big plays. The whole team is playing badly.

Let's be honest here. Troy hasn't been playing well. I see a lot of guessing and misreads as well as poor angles.

fer522
11-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Let's be honest here. Troy hasn't been playing well. I see a lot of guessing and misreads as well as poor angles.

i just wonder sometimes if the injury is in his head still

TRH
11-15-2010, 03:22 PM
its painfully hard for Steeler fans, any Steeler fan, to come to the realization that Troy is stinking it up out there.
It's one of those things where we'll all be in denial to the end. It just can't be.

Hopefully he turns it around and we start seeing the Troy of old.

BengalDestroyer
11-15-2010, 06:08 PM
I heard the same thing during Sunday nights broadcast however, he's been making bad decisions regardless (since Ben has been back) The last few games were not impressing (as they usually are) from Troy. I'm not sure what's going on but we need OUR HEAD COACH TO GET SOME FIRE IN THE STEELERS BELLY'S. we played emotionless against NE....(I know wrong thread, w/e)

ricardisimo
11-15-2010, 09:52 PM
He looks a step slow to me. It could simply be a speed issue, he's having to decide earlier because he doesn't have the same burst, and so he's choosing poorly.

ZoneBlitzer
11-15-2010, 11:10 PM
He looks a step slow to me. It could simply be a speed issue, he's having to decide earlier because he doesn't have the same burst, and so he's choosing poorly.

He does to me too. I think it's his knee. He tweaked it in Tampa Bay and have noticed a change in play since.

eafratitpm3
11-15-2010, 11:19 PM
I think some of the time when Gay is in there Troy knows he can't free lance due to having to cover for him.