03-26-2006, 09:12 PM
http://media3.steelers.com/article/63398/

Good job Max.

Midnightwriter1
03-26-2006, 09:28 PM
very cool !!

MattsMe
03-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Glad to see he's got his head on straight. Wonder what his wonderlic score was...

SteelShooter
03-27-2006, 04:26 AM
Glad to see he's got his head on straight. Wonder what his wonderlic score was...

:dang: How'd I know someone would ask that?:dang:

Suitanim
03-27-2006, 08:03 AM

Max Starks scored a 35.

Haiku_Dirtt
03-27-2006, 12:21 PM
I ran into him at the ProBowl. His hands must be a foot long. He's seems like a happy giant. I hope he can improve his footwork and learns how to use that mass to shut down the right side.

BCEDGE
03-27-2006, 07:35 PM
http://media3.steelers.com/article/63398/

Good job Max.

Well it about what I would expect from Starks. remember this is the guy who unsolicited gave some of his Super Bowl ticket allotment to family members of one the miners killed in West Virginia.

He appears to have his head on stragiht. Maybe his dad has shared some of his NFL experiences with him.

Suitanim
03-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Huge guy, smart, motivated, has the lineage, and already has a championship under his belt.

Count Starks as yet another Steeler who will continue to get better, eventually becoming one of the best at his position.

tony hipchest
03-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Max Starks scored a 35.damn! the scouting report on him was that he was soft or too nice with no ferocity in reference to the gentle giant comment. he does seem like a happy go lucky guy. just like kemoeatu was labeled as a hothead with an uncontrolable mean streak. with grimm coaching these polar opposites, you can bank on them finding that happy medium.

i could be wrong but ive seen ben and starks hanging out and making public appearances alot together. it kinda seems like starks has replaced plex in that friendhip roll with the qb. they are right around the same age and probably share the same interests and as suit has previously pointed out watch starks on the long int return by seattle in the sb. him and el ran the dude down. amazing speed for a man of his size. hes another guy who may break the bank once his free agancy hits

Midnightwriter1
03-28-2006, 06:54 AM
Ben is doing a good thing then and making nice with his Big OL since they have to protect his ass each week lol I like Ben not only for his ability's ... but the fact he likes hanging out with the players on the team. I just hope that all the early success in his career doesnt go to his head too much. He will be endorsing everything and anything, his agent said he has all kinds of stuff lined up. Just hope Ben keeps his head low to the ground.

Stlrs4Life
03-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Is a 35 any good? Not that it matters to me, just wondering?

DIESELMAN
03-30-2006, 04:35 AM
nice article....to bad a lot of players don't think of their future after football.....

DIESELMAN
03-30-2006, 04:41 AM
Is a 35 any good? Not that it matters to me, just wondering?

pretty good...50 is the highest anyone can get on it and there has been only one player to do it former punter Pat McInally.21 is average for anyone.....
In general, says Wonderlic, "The closer you are to the ball, the higher your score."
This assessment roughly corresponds to the averages revealed, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, by an NFL personnel man in Paul Zimmerman's "The New Thinking man's Guide to Pro Football," which are:

Offensive tackles: 26
Centers: 25
Quarterbacks: 24
Guards: 23
Tight Ends: 22
Safeties: 19
Middle linebackers: 19
Cornerbacks: 18
Wide receivers: 17
Fullbacks: 17
Halfbacks: 16

The average scores in other professions look like this: