PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Contemplating Cutting K Jeff Reed

Deserei90
11-15-2010, 03:37 PM
http://ping.fm/gKwq6 This link don't seem to be working right now, but The Steelers are considering on cutting Jeff Reed. Steelers bringing in kickers for workouts Tuesday If they are for real, then bye bye Skippy!! Take Gay and Arians with you.

TRH
11-15-2010, 03:44 PM
sometimes when you can't get it done, you just need to be shown the door.
I'm sure we can work with whatever we can find.

MACH1
11-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Here....

Adam_Schefter
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
It's on twitter so it must be true. :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
11-15-2010, 03:46 PM
:applaudit:

Adam Schefter reported it first...guess we'll find out tomorrow the truth behind the story.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Steelers are "contemplating" cutting ties with K Jeff Reed.
Pittsburgh will host multiple free agent kickers on Tuesday. Reed shanked a 26-yard field goal in Sunday night's loss to the Patriots, blaming the Heinz Field home turf. Reed, who received the franchise tag this past offseason, has now missed seven field goals this year. Remarked Reed of Steelers fans after the Week 10 loss, "They started (mocking me) before the game even started. ... They buy tickets just to bash me and P Dan (Sepulveda) and LS Greg (Warren). It's more me because points come off my foot."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40201043/ns/sports-player_news/

No Jeff...they don't buy tickets to bash you or Sepulveda or Warren (???) :doh:

TRH
11-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Jeff,
If the fan's were "mocking" you even before the game started....i'm sure it had nothing to do with your previous misses, horrendous kick-offs, or your "girlie" tackling attempts......

Deserei90
11-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Here....

Adam_Schefter
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
It's on twitter so it must be true. :chuckle: Thank You :tt02: I use to take up for reed, but now I'm getting fed up with him and the others who don't seem to be doing their job right.

MACH1
11-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Quick put him on the suicide watch list. This is really going to hurt his feelings. :laughing:

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Given how defensive the Rooneys have been about refusing to upgrade Heinz Cow Pasture, Reed should have known he was grabbing on to a live wire when he complained about the turf.

If you are in your contract year and are too high maintenanace the Steelers will toss you no matter how much you have contributed - just ask Santonio Holmes how that works

My guess is a lot has gone on in the locker room with Reed above what is public knowledge - I have heard the off the field problems go beyond alcohol abuse and towel dispenser rage to include matters this franchise in particular wants no part of

fer522
11-15-2010, 03:57 PM
i can almost say....
hes not getting
not with tomlin as the coach
hope im wrong though

TRH
11-15-2010, 03:57 PM
sometimes organizations, i don't care who they are, have to make statements. Bold statements. And quickly. Such as in Dallas last week.
A clear message needs sent out......it might be Reed, it might be somebody else....it might be the whole damn team.......if you don't perform, the GET OUT of here

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2010, 03:59 PM
sometimes organizations, i don't care who they are, have to make statements. Bold statements. And quickly. Such as in Dallas last week.
A clear message needs sent out......it might be Reed, it might be somebody else....it might be the whole damn team.......if you don't perform, the GET OUT of here

You mean they cut Essex and Gay this afternoon?:jawdrop:

pete74
11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
i knew he was gone after the season anyway. he wants to be paid as a top 3 kicker and he isnt good enough.

jjpro11
11-15-2010, 04:05 PM
the turf was never a problem the previous 7 or however many years he's been here. sometimes a kicker just loses it completely.. look what happened to Vanderjagt. he went from the most accurate kicker in NFL history to out of the league. if Reed lost it, then it's time to go.

ZoneBlitzer
11-15-2010, 04:08 PM
What good does that do when you have an offense that can't score TD's in the red zone. Don't make Reed the scapegoat for the offense's ineptitude.

SteelerEmpire
11-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Sounds like a plan... What did Tony Dungy say ? The first time it just happens, the 2nd is a coincidence, the 3td time is a pattern... Reed is on his 6-10 easy miss this year....

lionslicer
11-15-2010, 04:14 PM
They'll sign a kicker and let him kick a game before cutting Reed because Reed is almost perfect in practices on the field or indoors so its impossible to tell if a kicker who comes in who kickers perfectly will be perfect during the game or as low as Reed has been.

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2010, 04:32 PM
They'll sign a kicker and let him kick a game before cutting Reed because Reed is almost perfect in practices on the field or indoors so its impossible to tell if a kicker who comes in who kickers perfectly will be perfect during the game or as low as Reed has been.

When Reed was signed during mid-November 2002 after a mid-week tryout they put his predecessor Todd Peterson on IR immediately without Reed first kicking in a real game - this sounds familiar

Cowher seemed at his wits end with his veteran kicker after he missed field goals from 37 and 31 yards Sunday. Apparently, Cowher did not consider kicking with a broken rib an excuse or it was merely the final straw on a poor season for Peterson, whose nine missed field-goal tries are the most in the league. He was 12 of 21....

[Reed] kicked for Cowher yesterday along with veteran Michael Husted and youngsters Joe O'Donnell and Danny Boyd. They kicked PATs, 10 field goals from various distances at the open end of the field and two kickoffs, one each way.

This was how Ed. B. of the P-G welcomed Skippy to Heinz

The house of kicking horrors that is Heinz Field awaits him, having added another notch to its belt.

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/20021120steele1120p2.asp

Those were the days

lionslicer
11-15-2010, 04:36 PM
When Reed was signed during mid-November 2002 after a mid-week tryout they put his predecessor Todd Peterson on IR immediately without Reed first kicking in a real game - this sounds familiar

Cowher seemed at his wits end with his veteran kicker after he missed field goals from 37 and 31 yards Sunday. Apparently, Cowher did not consider kicking with a broken rib an excuse or it was merely the final straw on a poor season for Peterson, whose nine missed field-goal tries are the most in the league. He was 12 of 21....

[Reed] kicked for Cowher yesterday along with veteran Michael Husted and youngsters Joe O'Donnell and Danny Boyd. They kicked PATs, 10 field goals from various distances at the open end of the field and two kickoffs, one each way.

This was how Ed. B. of the P-G welcomed Skippy to Heinz

The house of kicking horrors that is Heinz Field awaits him, having added another notch to its belt.

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/20021120steele1120p2.asp

Those were the days

I'm just going by what they said, since a lot of other teams do this, I could be wrong, I don't know how Tomlin runs things.

plenewken
11-15-2010, 04:40 PM
With Skippy soon to be let go, towel dispensers in Western PA should be sighing in relief. :chuckle:

btaylor179
11-15-2010, 04:48 PM
i agree take gay and ba w you

stb_steeler
11-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Hopefuly we can get some one who can kick it in the endzone

Curtain_of_Steel
11-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Be thankful the Pats signed Graham already, lol I doubt there is much better right now on the kicker front.

Soon as Reed is cut he will be picked up by the pats or cowgirls.

BigRick
11-15-2010, 05:04 PM
About time! :banging: