PDA

View Full Version : Eagles killing the Redskins

tony hipchest
11-15-2010, 09:35 PM
does anyone care? mike vick is having what has to be a historic game so far.

through the 1st play of the 1st quarter he is 9/9 229yds- 3 td and 26 yards rushing and another td.

td bomb to open on 1st play of the game and another with the 1st play of the 2nd.

go dog killer! :tt02:

VegasStlrFan
11-15-2010, 09:38 PM
How did 86 for the skins get a receiver number? Wow all I gotta say is treadmill buddy!

tony hipchest
11-15-2010, 09:54 PM
eric green for the steelers wore #86. :hunch:

lionslicer
11-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Vick probably is the best quarterback ever, if he wasn't an idiot when he first got in the NFL he would be a HOFer by now, but his career is shorted by a lot now, especially since he's injury prone because he doesn't know what a slide is. But 24 yards per completion is rediculous. He has like 10 touchdowns, no interceptions a 105 quarterback rating, he's just killing the league right now. And this is through like 3 and a half games. He's played 5 games this season, but he missed the first 2 quarters of the first game, knocked out before half time a couple weeks ago, and has only played 2 quarters today.

It's just unbelieavable.

Reid is one of those conservative coaches though, he'll pull vick out befor he breaks any records tonight.. I remember Bus ran for like 180 something yards once in like the first half, maybe like 20 comming in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd, but he could have broken a record if Cowher never pulled him out.

VegasStlrFan
11-15-2010, 10:48 PM
eric green for the steelers wore #86. :hunch:

Good point, just looked odd...I associate all 86 # with ward

MattsMe
11-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Vick probably is the best quarterback ever, if he wasn't an idiot when he first got in the NFL he would be a HOFer by now, but his career is shorted by a lot now, especially since he's injury prone because he doesn't know what a slide is.

I started this post to respond to that. But I can't. I just can't. I even went through the whole list of smileys. I got nothing.

tony hipchest
11-16-2010, 02:00 AM
I started this post to respond to that. But I can't. I just can't. I even went through the whole list of smileys. I got nothing.

i hear ya. this was one of a multitude of lionsclicers posts i decided i would just leave alone.

im pretty sure mike vick knows what a slide is.

im also pretty sure it was him slaughtering dogs and going to prison that cut his career short.

:hunch:

lionslicer
11-16-2010, 03:10 PM

I was being sarcastic, but he is playing better ball than any quarterback in the league, and if you say no you're just an idiot. He hasn't even lost a game he started, thrown a pick, thrown less that 60% completions. And thrown 11 touchdowns within like 4 games. Scored what 15 total touchdowns? But yea it means nothing because he's michael vick and in the past he sucked because he was on drugs...

Just immagine if he did what he's doing now in 2001 and never did drugs, never did anything stupid to go to jail.
This is what I don't get, everyone basis what I said off the past, but if you look what he's done in 4-5 games, he's better than any quarterback that's played the game. Its hard evidence.

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2010, 03:53 PM
It is going to be hard to spin Vick as a feel good comeback story given his crimes

Goodell would like a milk and cookies Super Bowl matchup featuring Brady and/or Peyton Manning versus a clean cut QB like the Falcons Matt Ryan

Imagine it is the 4th quarter of the SB XLV match-up between Eagles and Steelers as Goodell is sweating out giving the MVP trophy to Vick, Roethlisberger or James Harrison:chuckle:

lionslicer
11-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Out of the 4 games he started and finished, he threw for 1126 yards, 14 total touchdowns, qb rating of well over 100, yards per attempt over 9 yards. If he started every game and would continue to start every game this season he would possibly end up with 40 passing touchdowns, 16 rushing touchdowns, 4504 yards, and possibly the highest quarterback rating ever. And probably the lowest interception rating the NFL ever saw.

If he starts every game from here on out, he'll end up with almost 3000 yards, maybe more if he has some big games. 28-31 total touchdowns. Highest quarterback rating and lowest interception rating ever, and probably an average atempt passing over around 9-10 yards.

You want facts and evidence, here it is.

And don't say anything about the defenses he's faced. Washington is probably the only bad defense he's faced. Indy and Greenbay have great pass defenses. Detroit and Jax have above average pass defenses.

MattsMe
11-16-2010, 04:30 PM
I don't remember anyone denying that Vick's having a great season. Getting a bit defensive I see.

lionslicer
11-16-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't remember anyone denying that Vick's having a great season. Getting a bit defensive I see.

Its not that he's having a great season, he's a very good quarterback (since he came back), have you watched him play? See its very hard to prove someone is a great quarterback unless you pull out some numbers, but just watching him play and look down the field and his mechanics are almost perfect. You were gonna attack me saying he could be the best of all time. You really don't know, if he played 5-7 more years and doesn't miss a beat he could be considered a great quarterback.

People consider Warner one of the best players of all time and he only had 5 good seasons out of the 10 he was in the NFL. If Vick has 5-6 great seasons, why can't he be considered one of the greatest of all time? Why the hypocracy? Is it because he was a bad person and Warner is a church going saint?

Just want some consistancy in this arguement. If he were a rookie last year and this is his 2nd year, people would be saying he has a great future, but because of his past everyone is saying its 1 good season in a medicore career.

I mean it still can be. Vick can turn into Maddox and be a 1 hit wonder for a year, but you're jumping the gun. People say I'm pessimistic.. sheesh.

Fire Arians
11-16-2010, 04:50 PM
damn vick is beastly this year

Fire Arians
11-16-2010, 04:52 PM
It is going to be hard to spin Vick as a feel good comeback story given his crimes

true but i think the media should lay off that, he already did his time

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2010, 05:01 PM
true but i think the media should lay off that, he already did his time

Having seen the Michael Vick Experience up close and personal during his glory days in Atlanta, it will always be part of his thug image for better or worse (Falcons are 7-2 but a big chunk of the fan base still misses Ron Mexico)

It is not as if it goes down the memory hole - for most employers checking the convicted felon box on the job application ends the interview process - he has a right to play in the NFL but just because he served his time does not mean everyone is supposed to pretend it never happened

Fire Arians
11-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Having seen the Michael Vick Experience up close and personal during his glory days in Atlanta, it will always be part of his thug image for better or worse (Falcons are 7-2 but a big chunk of the fan base still misses Ron Mexico)

It is not as if it goes down the memory hole - for most employers checking the convicted felon box on the job application ends the interview process - he has a right to play in the NFL but just because he served his time does not mean everyone is supposed to pretend it never happened

You're totally right but I believe if he's already served his time, he deserves a second chance. if he makes good on it, then really that's commendable. He could have stayed on that same path but it looks like he's turning it around for the better, not only as a player but he seems a lot matured as a person too.

i never was a big fan of vick in the past, but lately it's hard not to like him. He waited patiently for his chance to start and delivered, and this time around he seems a lot more humble than before. Hitting rock bottom has a way of changing people for the better sometimes.

MattsMe
11-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Its not that he's having a great season, he's a very good quarterback (since he came back), have you watched him play? See its very hard to prove someone is a great quarterback unless you pull out some numbers, but just watching him play and look down the field and his mechanics are almost perfect. You were gonna attack me saying he could be the best of all time. You really don't know, if he played 5-7 more years and doesn't miss a beat he could be considered a great quarterback.

People consider Warner one of the best players of all time and he only had 5 good seasons out of the 10 he was in the NFL. If Vick has 5-6 great seasons, why can't he be considered one of the greatest of all time? Why the hypocracy? Is it because he was a bad person and Warner is a church going saint?

Just want some consistancy in this arguement. If he were a rookie last year and this is his 2nd year, people would be saying he has a great future, but because of his past everyone is saying its 1 good season in a medicore career.

I mean it still can be. Vick can turn into Maddox and be a 1 hit wonder for a year, but you're jumping the gun. People say I'm pessimistic.. sheesh.

You're not even worth it anymore. :drink:

lionslicer
11-16-2010, 08:48 PM
You're not even worth it anymore. :drink:

Why? what the **** is wrong with what I said? Tell me, I'm serious because mentally I've been having a break down the past week and I really don't know what the **** is wrong with me and people keep ****ing attacking me and I want to kill myself and then you just ****ing insult me. I just want to know what the **** is wrong with me so I can fix it.

tony hipchest
11-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Why? what the **** is wrong with what I said? Tell me, I'm serious because mentally I've been having a break down the past week and I really don't know what the **** is wrong with me and people keep ****ing attacking me and I want to kill myself and then you just ****ing insult me. I just want to know what the **** is wrong with me so I can fix it.

pB_1t-Vn6Vs&playnext=1&list=PL4D1180FC413386F2&index=12

:chuckle:

chill bro.... you just need a hug. :hug:

relax. its just a message board. some people will agree with everything you say and some people will agree with absolutely nothing. others will be half and half or somewhere inbetween.

regardless, you are still you no matter what happens in cyberspace.

this board is best used for entertainment and the gathering of information. dont let it get you down. make the best of it, and you will be rewarded .

lionslicer
11-16-2010, 09:06 PM
pB_1t-Vn6Vs&playnext=1&list=PL4D1180FC413386F2&index=12

:chuckle:

chill bro.... you just need a hug. :hug:

relax. its just a message board. some people will agree with everything you say and some people will agree with absolutely nothing. others will be half and half or somewhere inbetween.

regardless, you are still you no matter what happens in cyberspace.

this board is best used for entertainment and the gathering of information. dont let it get you down. make the best of it, and you will be rewarded .

I have no friends... I have had a very bad year, football is really all I have, if I lose the people on this board, I somewhat lose the only thing I have left. Its just another thing that I screwed up in my ever-declining life.

Shea
11-16-2010, 09:12 PM
I have no friends... I have had a very bad year, football is really all I have, if I lose the people on this board, I somewhat lose the only thing I have left. Its just another thing that I screwed up in my ever-declining life.

Hey, you haven't screwed up anything.

These things happen on message boards where people disagree all the time. That's all it is. Just because people disagree doesn't mean anything you have to offer is wrong.

And BTW if football is all you have then check out those Pens. You won't be disappointed! And add on from there.
I wouldn't recommend the Pirates though. :chuckle:

MattsMe
11-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Whoa.

Tony's right, it's just a message board. At least we can agree that we all love the Steelers.

:tt04:

Speaking of which, it always seems like the week after a loss goes by much slower than the week after a win.

Back to the point of this thread, I almost feel bad for McNabb. I always thought he got a bum deal in Philly, and last night had to be embarrassing as hell.

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2010, 09:51 PM

Hang in there - it is just a message board and take it as a diversion :drink:

FWIW the personal comments directed these days at anyone on this board, including you, are a day at the beach compared to the firefights in the Locker Room in which old time posters such as Tony and I were involved during the 2008 election. So consider the source if a post gets you down

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Back to the point of this thread, I almost feel bad for McNabb. I always thought he got a bum deal in Philly, and last night had to be embarrassing as hell.

Not to mention the fact that if he gets cut after this season McNabb's alleged "$78 million/$40 million guaranteed" contract he signed only guarantees the $3.5 million share of the signing bonus he gets immediately

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/donovan-mcnabb/donovan-mcnabbs-guaranteed-mon.html

I enjoyed last night mostly for the thought of Goodell and his henchmen possibly needing to spin a dog killer and felon as an uplifting story during Super Bowl week :chuckle:

lionslicer
11-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Hang in there - it is just a message board and take it as a diversion :drink:

FWIW the personal comments directed these days at anyone on this board, including you, are a day at the beach compared to the firefights in the Locker Room in which old time posters such as Tony and I were involved during the 2008 election. So consider the source if a post gets you down

I know how touchy politics are for a lot of people, I was actually in a lot of mumble jumble in the craigslist forums when that happened. And the past elections weren't much better, I just decided to stay away from that stuff because politicians have never asked anyone face to face or even sent out a survey of what people want done.

I've just been a little frustrated lately and taking some stuff to a new level to a point where it doesn't even seem to make sense but I do it anyway out of frustration. I'm sorry to everyone, I'm just going to become more casual with my posts here.

In other news McNabb gets a contract extention but the Eagles haven't said anything about resigning Vick, but sources say he might be franchised at the end of the season.