PDA

View Full Version : Bam Morris

PisnNapalm
03-27-2006, 06:05 AM
http://media3.steelers.com/article/63209/

Maybe after all these years he finally "Gets it." I hate thinking of the talent he wasted.

SuperSteelers
03-27-2006, 08:47 AM
It's nice to see Bam turning things around in his life. I used to love watching him run for the Steelers, and at the time he was released, I remember being dissapointed, but I knew the Steeler organization did the right thing.

Good luck Bam!!

Suitanim
03-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Good article...hardly surprising that after he got busted with POUNDS of dope in his trunk, the Ravens were still interested...I'm just surprised the Raiders didn't give him a call.

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 10:24 AM
loved watching him play, a talent that was definately wasted that could have been a really good RB in the NFL.

BB2W
03-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Sad story... I wish he could have played in Pittsburgh longer. It's good to hear his life is back on the right track.

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Who was the other guy we had that had some problems .. Foster right ?

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 01:03 PM
yeah Barry Foster, I thought he would had been another one that was going to be HUGE in the NFL. when he started playing well back in the early 90s

Haiku_Dirtt
03-27-2006, 01:43 PM
All rookies should be required to read and sign that article.

How many pounds were in his trunk? 40 or 50 or more?

JoeyPorter#55
03-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Oh my gosh, I remember watching him plow through defenses in the 1995 season and his game-winning 1 yard touchdown to hoist Pittsburgh past Indianapolis in the AFC title game!

I read about Morris and I'm glad to see that he has got himself back on track. Everyday I watch that Super Bowl XXX highlight, it reminds me of how much of an integral player he was in the Bill Cowher regime: FAST, HARD, AND PHYSICAL. Heck, he even landed some hard shots on Jerry Jones' boys!

Let's hope he has slugged those drug demons out of his life FOR GOOD :boxing: !!!!!

FAST...HARD...PHYSICAL...PITTSBURGH STEELERS! GREATEST TEAM IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE AND THE AFC'S ONLY FIVE-TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!! ALL OTHERS ARE SECOND!!!!!

clevestinks
03-27-2006, 03:29 PM
I was never a big fan of his, he played well in a system that catered to him though

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 03:37 PM
umm wasnt that Bettis too ? lol

83-Steelers-43
03-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Good to see he did his time and he's trying to get his life back on track. More power to him and best of luck.

PisnNapalm
03-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Think about this... If Bam Morris had kept his head on straight would Jerome have ended up wearing Black and Gold?

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 04:45 PM
probably not, we made the trade i thought because we needed a big back because we released Morris didnt we ?

PisnNapalm
03-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Yup.

Suitanim
03-27-2006, 05:10 PM
yeah Barry Foster, I thought he would had been another one that was going to be HUGE in the NFL. when he started playing well back in the early 90s

Still holds the Steelers single season rushing record at 1,690 yards. That cat could have been an absoute stud, but he was a complete whack-job. Remember he attempted a comeback for the Bengals, and quit after a few days...said his heart just wasn't in it.

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Why did he just quit ? i knew had injury or something

83-Steelers-43
03-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Last I heard, as of 2003, Foster was the running back coach for the Rhein Fire. He got busted with cocaine while he was a steeler and that pretty much turned the Rooney's off. The Steelers basically said "bye-bye" and picked up The Bus.

Those who wanted Ricky Williams, read above.

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 05:18 PM
I thought it was something like that and that is why Morris got the call .... thne when Morris didnt work out because of his lil problems.... we got Bettis

83-Steelers-43
03-27-2006, 05:30 PM
I remember reading this in the sporting news pertaining to the Barry Foster incident............

"He's not here because of the best interests of the Steelers," Cowher replied, that wonderful chin sticking out toward me.

I tried again, rephrasing my question. I pointed out how the Cowboys still welcomed disgraced Michael Irvin into their training facility.

The chin seemed to grow in size. I felt a pressure, accentuated by the glare from his dark eyes. This, I realized, was not going very well.

"Because the best interests of the Steelers," he repeated.

LOL, you gotta love it.

clevestinks
03-27-2006, 06:44 PM
I thought I read that Foster was still a millionaire, and that he made some very wise investments?????

PisnNapalm
03-27-2006, 07:12 PM
That's one thing I love about the Steelers and the Rooneys. They don't care who you are. If you mess with drugs you're gone from the team. Period. I admire that about them.

SteelerzGirl
03-27-2006, 07:21 PM
That's one thing I love about the Steelers and the Rooneys. They don't care who you are. If you mess with drugs you're gone from the team. Period. I admire that about them.

Yep, the Rooneys don't put up with any crap. And that's why TO will never be a Steeler! Yay! :bouncy:

Great article about Bam. He's learned from his past mistakes, and I wish him the best. :smile:

Suitanim
03-27-2006, 08:57 PM
All these last few posts are FILLED with pearls of wisdom dripping from the mouths of older Steelers fans for the younger fans to collect.

Some teams do ANYTHING to WIN, sign any player, cross any line, lower the bar as low as it needs to go. The Steelers will never be that kind of a team, and, last time I checked, they have just as many Super Bowl rings as the other teams who checked their integrity and honor at the door.

SteelShooter
03-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Good article...hardly surprising that after he got busted with POUNDS of dope in his trunk, the Ravens were still interested...I'm just surprised the Raiders didn't give him a call.

:sofunny:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahhahahahahahahhahahahaha <Take Deep Breath Here> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaha <Next Breath> HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahhaaha
:sofunny:
Good One Suit!

TexaSteeler
03-28-2006, 12:26 PM
I remember Bam Morris as being the only Steeler in the SB that didn't look like he had butterflies. He ran pretty easily against the Cowboys.