PDA

View Full Version : On a Positive Note ... If There Is One

grward
11-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Just like the rest of you, I spent my late Sunday night and all day Monday pissing and moaning over all the negatives that took place on the field against the Cheatiots. However, now is the time to move on. What do you think is one positive thing the team did during Sunday night's loss?

One (and I can only think of one) good thing from that game is that Ben had some time in the 4th quarter to get into rhythm with his passing game and his receivers. Albeit, Patriots were giving up yardage, but it still gave them an opportunity to practice at game speed. That's the ONLY positive thing I can think of from that game!

With all the brilliant football-minded fans we have in the Burgh, maybe there are more ... so sound off!

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Just like the rest of you, I spent my late Sunday night and all day Monday pissing and moaning over all the negatives that took place on the field against the Cheatiots. However, now is the time to move on. What do you think is one positive thing the team did during Sunday night's loss?

One (and I can only think of one) good thing from that game is that Ben had some time in the 4th quarter to get into rhythm with his passing game and his receivers. Albeit, Patriots were giving up yardage, but it still gave them an opportunity to practice at game speed. That's the ONLY positive thing I can think of from that game!

With all the brilliant football-minded fans we have in the Burgh, maybe there are more ... so sound off!

Of course the downside to the passing game getting in gear during garbage time is that Arians will have another reason to abandon the run

I suppose no season ending injuries was a nice change

Realistically all that changed after Sunday night is that the Steelers will probably be going to New England for any playoff rematch, with winning the division and obtaining the first round bye which the AFC East winner will not earn still being determined by whomever wins the rematch in Baltimore

Other than that this was as complete a cluster as I have seen by the Steelers under Tomlin- during the 5 game slide last year I do not recall offense, defense, and special teams all being major contributors to the screw-up in any one loss

theplatypus
11-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Sanders got a little more playing time

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Sanders got a little more playing time

And hopefully is learning to run the proper routes? Ben clearly was ticked off about the goal line route prior to Reed's miss

I would not be surprised to see Brown back on the field against Oakland unless Brown is still lost during practice

Curtain_of_Steel
11-16-2010, 10:24 AM
They didn't get hurt walking to their cars.

SteelCityMom
11-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Hopefully we've seen their worst and they get better from here on out.

vasteeler
11-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Of course the downside to the passing game getting in gear during garbage time is that Arians will have another reason to abandon the run

I suppose no season ending injuries was a nice change

Realistically all that changed after Sunday night is that the Steelers will probably be going to New England for any playoff rematch, with winning the division and obtaining the first round bye which the AFC East winner will not earn still being determined by whomever wins the rematch in Baltimore

Other than that this was as complete a cluster as I have seen by the Steelers under Tomlin- during the 5 game slide last year I do not recall offense, defense, and special teams all being major contributors to the screw-up in any one loss

i for one hope not, i hope someone knocks them out before we have to play them.......it sucks but they own us

BlackAndGold4Ever
11-16-2010, 11:47 AM
i for one hope not, i hope someone knocks them out before we have to play them.......it sucks but they own us

+1 . I f-ing hate the Pats, and I really dont want to see them in the playoffs (which at this point I still feel we have a good chance of making)

plenewken
11-16-2010, 01:09 PM
+1 . I f-ing hate the Pats, and I really dont want to see them in the playoffs (which at this point I still feel we have a good chance of making)

You sound like a Browns fan talking about the Steelers. I'm sorry but the Pats own us and we only have ourselves to blame.

Steel_Bus_24
11-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Hopefully we've seen their worst and they get better from here on out.

we can only pray...........

but above all else I want to see that look of determination again.....the we're a "Band of Brothers" never say die attitude

Even if we lose, as long I see that eye of the tiger

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2010, 01:26 PM

Agreed - it is paper/rock/scissors

Pats own Steelers/Steeler usually handle Chargers/Chargers own Colts/Colts in recent years & Ravens do well against Pats

plenewken
11-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Agreed - it is paper/rock/scissors

Pats own Steelers/Steeler usually handle Chargers/Chargers own Colts/Colts in recent years & Ravens do well against Pats

We don't do too well against the Raiders and the Chiefs either.