PDA

View Full Version : raiders play the sparklers in the town on MNF!!!

Tha rock
03-27-2006, 01:39 PM
ESPN will kick off the new era of Monday Night Football with a doubleheader, NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue announced Monday.

Washington will host Minnesota in the opener (Sept. 11, 7 p.m. ET), followed by San Diego at Oakland (10:15 p.m. ET). The Vikings-Redskins game will features new Minnesota coach Brad Childress against a team which added a slew of free agents to an already talented 2005 playoff roster. The second game is highlighted by a pair of debuts -- Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and Raiders head coach Art Shell.

Also, the Manning brothers will play each other for the first time to open NBC's Sunday Night football schedule. That game is Sept. 10 (8:15 p.m. ET) at the Meadowlands. According to the NFL, it will be the first time in league history that brothers will start at quarterback against each other.

The season opener will be Sept. 7, with defending Super Bowl champ Pittsburgh hosting Miami. NBC will televise the game, which will be the Dolphins debut for quarterback Daunte Culpepper, if he's healthy enough to start the season. That game is set for 8:30 p.m. ET.

Other schedule highlights announced Monday:

? Terrell Owens will make his Dallas debut in the first late Sunday afternoon telecast of the year (FOX) when the Cowboys visit Jacksonville.

? The first-ever tripleheader on Thanksgiving. The Dolphins will visit the Lions in the early game (CBS), followed by the Buccaneers at the Cowboys (FOX) and capped off by the Broncos at the Chiefs (NFL Network).

The Chiefs used to host a Thanksgiving Day game in the AFL days and have long campaigned to host one in the NFL.

"I've thought all those games should be rotated," Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt said Monday. "But it's a plus for us to have the first one at night.

"We have a history in them. We always hosted them before the merger, and we've wanted to do it again."

The Broncos-Chiefs match will be the first live, in-season game on NFL Network, which will show eight prime-time games from Thanksgiving through the end of the season. Those games will be on either Thursday or Saturday nights.

"It ought to bring a great rating," Hunt said. "People will be worn out from all of their Thanksgiving Day activities, so they can sit down and enjoy the game."

The rest of the 2006 schedule will be announced in April when it is finalized.

we are going to kill them!!!

Suitanim
03-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Hmmm...I like the doubleheader idea, and I'm sure it works great for left coast teams, but I'm not crazy about the idea of having to stay up until 2 AM to see the ending if the game is meaningful. On the other hand, those 7PM starts will be sweet.

I also notice the 3rd Turkey day game is on NFL Network. Cable subscribers, I urge you to start bugging your provider now to add NFL Network if they don't already carry it. Here's a link that will generate a letter from the NFL Network on your behalf to your cable provider. I plan on writing early and often.

http://nfl.viewerlink.tv/

Ambridge
03-27-2006, 05:08 PM
A 10:15pm ET start for a game for the second game???
I guess the league feels they have to alienate the east coast audience since they're pretty much doing the same thing to the west coast audience with the 7pm ET start for the first game.

This is just plain and simply put "STUPID" on the NFL's part.
Go ahead!!.......fool around and tinker with things that don't need to be fixed like these new starting times and there will be a lot of pissed off fans.

boLT fan
03-27-2006, 05:36 PM
A 1-0 start and a JV Defense to get Philip's Convidence up. I'm all for it.

Wish it was in SD though, then at least there would be some tickets sold. :sofunny:

clevestinks
03-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Suit the third Thanksgiving game it what caught my eye also. There is never anything to do in the evening anyway, the more footbal the better

silver & black
03-27-2006, 05:54 PM

Wish it was in SD though, then at least there would be some tickets sold. :sofunny:
Your stadium would still be mostly silver and black clad fans. :sofunny:

Tha rock
03-27-2006, 06:35 PM

ur kidding me sd is oakland south LOL were going to sell out our tickets are cheaper now.
were going to spank you.

boLT fan
03-27-2006, 07:41 PM
ur kidding me sd is oakland south LOL were going to sell out our tickets are cheaper now.
were going to spank you.

Keep talking. Maybe that'll help you actually win a game in your own division with that "genius" Art Shell. :dang:

In all honsety, I do hope it's a good game. It's a rarity that a Chargers game makes it over here to the East Coast and always hope for a good game. Even if they are playing the Raiders. :blurp:

tony hipchest
03-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Hmmm...I like the doubleheader idea, and I'm sure it works great for left coast teams, but I'm not crazy about the idea of having to stay up until 2 AM to see the ending if the game is meaningful. On the other hand, those 7PM starts will be sweet.

I also notice the 3rd Turkey day game is on NFL Network. Cable subscribers, I urge you to start bugging your provider now to add NFL Network if they don't already carry it. Here's a link that will generate a letter from the NFL Network on your behalf to your cable provider. I plan on writing early and often.

http://nfl.viewerlink.tv/thanks for the link. ive been debating switching to sattelite or just sticking with the sirius for these games.

SteelShooter
03-27-2006, 09:02 PM
They all look to be good games...........except the SD/Oakland "Show."

It'll do Oakland's morale good to start out 1-0 before Art Shell screws it all up.

The moment Drew Brees walked away (actually, "pushed" away) from SD, their 2006 season was over. Although drafted together, Philip Rivers will not even come close to comparing to his draft mates "Big Ben" and "Peyton Junior" (Eli).

Sorry SoCal, I may live in San Diego...........but I Bleed Black and Gold!

Tha rock
03-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Keep talking. Maybe that'll help you actually win a game in your own division with that "genius" Art Shell. :dang:

In all honsety, I do hope it's a good game. It's a rarity that a Chargers game makes it over here to the East Coast and always hope for a good game. Even if they are playing the Raiders. :blurp:

please sparkler your not winning anything, you'll see what my raiders do were ready already and moss loves prime time games hes going to abuse jammer or whoever you got, i hope you have players come out and talk sh*t so we can whoop like we are even harder your done and you dont even no it.

boLT fan
03-28-2006, 05:31 PM
They all look to be good games...........except the SD/Oakland "Show."

It'll do Oakland's morale good to start out 1-0 before Art Shell screws it all up.

The moment Drew Brees walked away (actually, "pushed" away) from SD, their 2006 season was over. Although drafted together, Philip Rivers will not even come close to comparing to his draft mates "Big Ben" and "Peyton Junior" (Eli).

WOW. That makes complete sense. Drew Brees was the greatest QB to ever live and HE led our team to the playoffs. Riiiiiiiight. Drew is average and LT and Gates made him look above average. Just like Ben and his teammates. :cool:

I love all the negativity Rivers is recieving, BEFORE EVEN PLAYING A FULL GAME. Try acutallly thinking before you call a teams season over.

SteelCityMan786
03-28-2006, 05:48 PM

That's a good start. Faiders Fall Over To an unproven QB

RoethlisBURGHer
03-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Steelers will squish the Fish.Even if Cullpepper is ready for the first game,he won't be at 100%.I also think they lost some core players on the defensive side.

San Diego will beat Oakland.Even if Oakland drafts one of the "big three" QB's in the draft,Brooks will be the starter.And well,Brooks sucks.Rivers can have some success against the "defense" of the Raiders and the defense of the Chargers will be too much for Oakland.

Washington will beat Minnesota.Washington has a pretty good defense and thier offense will be too much for the defensively-challenged Vikings.

Colts beat the G-Men.Even without Edge,the Colts are a good team.I still ain't sold on Elisha.He totally folded in the playoffs (much like his brother is known to do) but his brother has proven to be a very good regular season QB.

Dallas beats Jacksonville.Jax is a good team,but unless T.O. has torn the Cowpatties apart by opening day,Jax won't beat Dallas.

Dolphins slay the Lions.Cullpepper will be 100% by Turkey Day (barring another injury) and the Lions will still be the Lions.

Broncos beat the Chiefs.The Broncos are on thier way to another AFC East Crown,and there is nothing the Chiefs can do about it.

boLT fan
03-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Broncos beat the Chiefs.The Broncos are on thier way to another AFC East Crown,and there is nothing the Chiefs can do about it.

*AFC West

:bouncy:

Tha rock
03-28-2006, 07:13 PM
That's a good start. Faiders Fall Over To an unproven QB

we will see about that real talk were going to own those dolts!

Suitanim
03-29-2006, 08:00 AM
This is pretty cool. A "smack attack" between the Raiders and Chargers fans, on a Steelers board, in late March, before FA is over, before even the draft is complete...

Ya gotta love Football!