View Full Version : Steelers resign Qincy Morgan

SuperSteelers
03-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Wooohoo !!

http://news.steelers.com/article/63424/

TasmanianTroy271
03-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Great News!

Quincy will definately help with ST, and maybe he'll learn how to hang onto the ball a little better. That'd definately help the passing game. Hopefully either him or Nate Washington will show something this year.

I wonder what this means with Nua though. I didn't know he was a Free Agent. I wonder if he's gonna come into the DE rotation, or whether he'll replace Kiesel on ST. Rodney Bailey is probably a little too big and slow for ST, but Nua is 5 pounds lighter than Kiesel. I remember the 49ers were looking to sign him from our PS, so I wonder whether he's doing better than everyone realizes.

clevestinks
03-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Good Move front office!

SteelerFanInCA
03-27-2006, 02:34 PM
That's good news. The planets are starting to align again and all the pieces are starting to come together. Miami or bust!!!

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 02:35 PM
I am very happy they signed Morgan, was wondering when it was gonan happen !!

pucho58
03-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Good to hear.

Ambridge
03-27-2006, 03:27 PM
I'm glad Quincy is coming back.
He's definately an asset and I think he will grow and be a much more productive player.

83-Steelers-43
03-27-2006, 03:31 PM
If he learns how to catch the ball a little better, I see no reason why he couldn't give Cedrick Wilson a fight for his spot in the WR core. To be honest, I would rather see Wilson in the third slot. With his speed and quickness, I think he would be more effective (much like when El was in the third slot) that he is now. Quincy Morgan runs solid routes for the most part and he has the height compared to Ward, Wilson and Mays. Now, he just needs to work on catching the ball more consistantly.

It's a possibility and something to think about I guess?

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 03:47 PM
definately agreed. I think Wilson would prolly be better suited for the slot ... but i think maybe between Wilson, Morgan, Washington .. they cna be interchanged and with Wize coming uop with new stuff allthe time.. prolly will see them play diff roles.

drizze99
03-27-2006, 03:51 PM
If he learns how to catch the ball a little better, I see no reason why he couldn't give Cedrick Wilson a fight for his spot in the WR core. To be honest, I would rather see Wilson in the third slot. With his speed and quickness, I think he would be more effective (much like when El was in the third slot) that he is now. Quincy Morgan runs solid routes for the most part and he has the height compared to Ward, Wilson and Mays. Now, he just needs to work on catching the ball more consistantly.

It's a possibility and something to think about I guess?

I agree 100%! I'm very glad he re-signed.

Suitanim
03-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Somebody should fire up the JUGS machine and get Quincy catching a hundred balls a day, too!

83-Steelers-43
03-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Somebody should fire up the JUGS machine and get Quincy catching a hundred balls a day, too!

I hear that. If we go by this past regular season, I would suggest the same for Cedrick Wilson.

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 04:16 PM
well then

Maybe Morgan, Wislon and taylor should all get togehter and do 500 each lol

BB2W
03-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Great news!!! :helmet:

I'm glad we have Quincy back and I'm very happy with the front office up to this point. They haven't done anything spectacular, but I like the people they brought back and I like that they didn't overpay for El or Hope.

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 04:28 PM
They have done good without breaking the bank on anyone which is always a plus... though i dont really mind Hope and Randel el leaving ... i do wish Somehow Kimo could have stayed with us, even as a back up .. Wish nobody wanted him lol

Petesburgh66
03-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Good to hear Quincy is back to add depth for the WR position. Considering I don't see an urgent need for a particular position to be upgraded immediately, the Steelers can focus on the draft and get bodies for the future.

Mr. Clean
03-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Good move. Morgan did a fine job as a kickoff returner. Now that he is with a team that values good practice and work habits, he will work on his game and become a better player.
With a one year contract, if he has a good season, he can hope for big bux in 2007.

SteelerzGirl
03-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Yay! Great news! :smile:

MattsMe
03-27-2006, 06:09 PM
He seems like a team player. I love the footage of him at the SB jumping up and down on one foot while celebrating. Glad he's back in the black & gold.

noto45
03-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Glad He is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
03-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Never thought I'd say this,but I am happy Quincy Morgan is in the Black and Gold!

Now we need to sign Nance out of Miami of Ohio to end up as out #2 reciever to Ward in a year or two.

Avoid Lloyd
03-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Speaking strictly from a special teams stand point this was a big signing. He really added another dimension to our kickoff return game.

I would also like to see him push Wilson for the #2 spot. If nothing else, it could raise Wilson's level of play.

WWIIOwheelz
03-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I can't remember who said it, but someone was talking about the acquisition of him after he was released, saying in years past, we ALWAYS seemed to get burned by the guy, and that's why we signed him. That struck me as classic Steelers football sense, and boy did it pay off.

If memory serves, he was who we picked up to replace that high draft pick who fizzled, right? Who was that again?

I wish I had a good pic of Morgan pointing to the Steelers logo on his helmet after his TD catch in the blowout. :D

RoethlisBURGHer
03-27-2006, 06:49 PM
I can't remember who said it, but someone was talking about the acquisition of him after he was released, saying in years past, we ALWAYS seemed to get burned by the guy, and that's why we signed him. That struck me as classic Steelers football sense, and boy did it pay off.

If memory serves, he was who we picked up to replace that high draft pick who fizzled, right? Who was that again?

I wish I had a good pic of Morgan pointing to the Steelers logo on his helmet after his TD catch in the blowout. :D

I remember that!Me and my Grandpa were like "YEAH,HE'S A STEELERS KNOW YOU SH*T STAINS!"

Midnightwriter1
03-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Gibson is who it was ...

As far as WR in draft/... we will have our pick among some decent ones if the steelers do go that rout in the 3rd round. Nance and Stovall and hagen should be there for us.. maybe not all three but one of them at least and each would be a good 3 pick

SteelerMurf
03-27-2006, 07:24 PM
He seems like a team player. I love the footage of him at the SB jumping up and down on one foot while celebrating. Glad he's back in the black & gold.

I think that was Frazier. Pretty sure it wasn't Quincy.

SteelShooter
03-27-2006, 08:37 PM
They have done good without breaking the bank on anyone which is always a plus... though i dont really mind Hope and Randel el leaving ... i do wish Somehow Kimo could have stayed with us, even as a back up .. Wish nobody wanted him lol

I completely agree!

Kimo was one of my more favorite players, I really hated to see him go. He had an awesome attitude, was totally "Team First" oriented, and just a general, overall good guy.

I really wish him well...........

SteelShooter
03-27-2006, 08:39 PM

I remember that too....I was yelling and screaming as he did that! Wasn't it awesome!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Bringing Morgan back is a great move. Doesnt cost that much and he is great in the return game for us. Ward, Wilson, Morgan, along with Heath Miller and Jerame Tuman back too is a good start for keeping weapons around Ben.

83-Steelers-43
03-28-2006, 12:52 AM
More detailed article pertaining to the Morgan and Nua signings............

The Steelers signed their last of 12 unrestricted free agents when wide receiver Quincy Morgan came to terms on a one-year deal for $585,000 with a $40,000 signing bonus. He will count $465,000 against their salary cap.

Morgan, who joined the Steelers the first week of last season after he was released by Dallas, will compete again to become their No. 4 receiver and return kicks.

The team also announced it signed defensive lineman Shaun Nua, a rookie last season whose contract expired but who could not sign elsewhere. The Steelers signed nine unrestricted free agents and lost three.

Morgan had nine catches for 150 yards and two touchdowns last season. He returned 23 kickoffs for a 25.3-yard average, fifth in the AFC. Morgan was placed on the reserved/injured list on Jan. 10 after his ankle was injured on a kick return in the playoff game at Cincinnati.

Nua (6 feet 5, 280 pounds) was a seventh-round draft choice promoted from the practice squad to the 53-man roster Nov. 23. He did not play in a game.

Verron Haynes' two-year contract agreement is worth $1.75 million with a $315,000 signing bonus. - PPG