PDA

View Full Version : Reed is new Scapegoat for Arians

Hayeksheroes
11-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Something had to change. Reed took the hit instead of the real issue. Offensive Coordinator. The Offensive Coordinator is in charge of the offense. During the first half of the Patriots game, there was not much offense. 3 points by Reed. That makes it Reed 1 - Arians 0. Since the Steelers were never really threatening in the game Reed's miss as bad as it was, was not really significant to the outcome. The real issue was Arians game plan at the beginning of the game because that is when the plays are scripted. Going 3 and out on the first several possessions is like missing a chip shot fg or worse.
Also the Steelers did manage to get down to the redzone twice in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs and managed only 3 points. Ward was out, but Arians knew that. He needed to make adjustments. That does not mean throwing fade routes to El or little Sanders. Spaeth or Millar maybe.

Alot hangs on the Defense. They failed to get to Brady and gave up 32 points.

Arians play calling is bad as usual. Arians has a magic ring that protects him, the superbowl ring. Reed has two. Again Reed wins. Is there any wonder why Arians has not received a head coaching job or at least an interview. That is what Superbowl rings do for OC's. Other teams see what we see. He is the one that needs to go. Not Reed. I would not be surprised to see Reed wearing a Raven or Patriots or Bengals uniform.

SteelCityMom
11-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Reed was cut for more than his FGs. I agree that Arians is a big part of the problem, but he's not the only thing wrong with this team right now.

ZoneBlitzer
11-17-2010, 10:15 AM
I agree with the OP. It's easier to cut one guy, albeit a kicker, than a coordinator in this case.

Hayeksheroes
11-17-2010, 10:19 AM
I agree with the OP. It's easier to cut one guy, albeit a kicker, than a coordinator in this case.

You sound like a politician. There is only one reason the Steelers don't have 7 Lombardi's. Arians is still OC.

ZoneBlitzer
11-17-2010, 10:21 AM
You sound like a politician. There is only one reason the Steelers don't have 7 Lombardi's. Arians is still OC.

Hey, I'm on your side.

plenewken
11-17-2010, 10:45 AM
I would not be surprised to see Reed wearing a Raven or Patriots or Bengals uniform.

You forgot the Jets.
Good post, by the way, I agree with you.

SteelCityMom
11-17-2010, 10:49 AM
I would not be surprised to see Reed wearing a Raven or Patriots or Bengals uniform.

Bengals have already passed on him. They signed some undrafted guy (Pettrey) after we signed Suisham.

Reed will most likely go somewhere else. But he obviously wasn't working out here...on the field and off the field. I think if one or the other had been better, he'd still be here.

Someone posted something in another Reed thread...it was a joke, but it still made sense..."Jeff, you can be an asshole or you can be bad kicker, but you can't be both." He was being both, so he got canned.

plenewken
11-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Someone posted something in another Reed thread...it was a joke, but it still made sense..."Jeff, you can be an asshole or you can be bad kicker, but you can't be both." He was being both, so he got canned.

Not completely accurate. Santonio got canned for 1 reason and it wasn't football.

Hayeksheroes
11-17-2010, 11:20 AM
You don't fire an all pro kicker in mid season. Wait until the end of the year. We'll see how this decision pans out.
The Steelers should not have let go Parker. I'm still upset about that. Mendenhall/Moore tandem is not an upgrade from last year. I'd rather have Mendenhall/Parker/Moore. Security does matter.

The Steelers are a contender if they can remain healthy. They have very little depth. That is the real issue. Reed is a sideshow.

lionslicer
11-17-2010, 11:22 AM
You don't fire an all pro kicker in mid season. Wait until the end of the year. We'll see how this decision pans out.
The Steelers should not have let go Parker. I'm still upset about that. Mendenhall/Moore tandem is not an upgrade from last year. I'd rather have Mendenhall/Parker/Moore. Security does matter.

The Steelers are a contender if they can remain healthy. They have very little depth. That is the real issue. Reed is a sideshow.

Its about money. Parker wanted more money than he was worth, and Reed wanted to be the highest paid kicker with the lowest percentage. It's a business, and they weren't following the unwritten rules of money

Hayeksheroes
11-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Its about money. Parker wanted more money than he was worth, and Reed wanted to be the highest paid kicker with the lowest percentage. It's a business, and they weren't following the unwritten rules of money

Parker is not on a team. Time to give him a call. Steelers need depth. Their running game is at the bottom of the league again. Parker knows the playbook. He could be an asset in the second half of the season. He'd be better than Moore.

Second, Reed should have been cut at season's end if he did not improve.

kirklandrules
11-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Parker is not on a team. Time to give him a call. Steelers need depth. Their running game is at the bottom of the league again. Parker knows the playbook. He could be an asset in the second half of the season. He'd be better than Moore.

Parker isn't playing because there are 31 other teams that know what the Steelers knew last year ... he's done, washed up, on empty. His last handful of games with the Steelers showed a guy that no longer ran with heart. He was slow hitting holes and went down with hardly a touch from a defender. Not sure what anyone else was seeing out of those games, but it seemed very obvious to me that he wasn't the player he used to be.

lionslicer
11-17-2010, 11:33 AM

But he wont take a pay cut, thats the problem, he wants 4 million to be a backup, and he can't catch for squat. Steelers have 4 running backs on the roster and are running out of room because of injuries. The circumstances make it very hard for him to be on the team at any time this season unless Moore and Redman break their legs.

kirklandrules
11-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Not completely accurate. Santonio got canned for 1 reason and it wasn't football.

Correction, Tone got canned for 2 reasons:

Smoking too much doobage
Bragging about smoking too much doobage on Twitter

:smoker::drooling: