PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick

ZoneBlitzer
11-17-2010, 10:14 AM
This guy deserves his own thread. Watching the replays again, I was just blown away.
I have to say it...best arm I have ever seen. His long ball is unbelievable. It's a frozen rope with a dead center perfect spiral. He has such an usual delivery too. It looks effortless and the ball comes out like a rocket. He's basically the custom player you create in Madden. He's elusive, fast and has got an unbelievable gun with accuracy. I'm sure teams will figure out a way to stop him and that offense but in the meantime, it's fun watching this guy play.

tony hipchest
11-17-2010, 10:23 AM
brett favre

it is fun watching him play. some of his throws remind me of steve youngs pretty spiral. he paid his dues and is finally looking like the player he was hyped up to be (and that was the michael jordan of football).

he's still got a lot more winning to do and prove he can remain healthy for and extended period of time. the debate was "fun" around here when there was speculation the steelers were one of the teams who might give him his 2nd opportunity after prison release.

lionslicer
11-17-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm considering Vick the new Warner. His first year back last year he was about the same age as Warner his first year back in the NFL. Now he's starting because of injury and he's pretty much taken over this team, and unless Reid decides to go with Kolb and release or trade Vick, I think he takes them to a superbowl in the upcomming seasons, if not this season. That's if he stays healthy and does not get an ego again and decides to start raping chickens.

SteelKnight
11-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeah...Vick deserves props. He has really worked on his accuracy and decision making. He has 2 good weapons too. I think the Eagles just may win the NFC. This weeks game against the Giants should be good.

Atlanta Dan
11-18-2010, 01:02 PM
The New York Times has a story up on Vick's comeback

As Vick Soars, Stigma of Conviction Fades

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/19/sports/football/19vick.html?hp

Of course when there is a round hole into which a square peg needs to be driven to to make a photo caption work sportwriters are up to the task

Below pictures of Vick, Tiger Woods, and Roethisbereger that lead the story we have this caption

Michael Vick, center, has managed a comeback from his troubles on a scale that has eluded other athletes like Ben Roethlisberger, left, and Tiger Woods, right.:banging:

Yep - Roethlisberger has been back 5 weeks (as opposed to Vick being back for a season and 1/2), plays on a team with the same 6-3 record as Vick, and has a passer rating in the top 5 - clearly his comeback has flopped

Vick had a transcendent game on Monday but the idea his comeback has succeeded while Ben''s has fallen short is ..... premature

And as far as the hypothesis of the NYT story that winning fixes a public image, check out the blistering comments section following the story

Goodell's nightmare is the Vick story dominating Super Bowl week

lionslicer
11-18-2010, 05:35 PM
I hope Vick does do well just so Goodell resigns or does somethign stupid to get himself removed in someway.

But I don't know how Ben's story is really a comeback, he's been through less, he wasn't convicted of anything, sure he was an ass and he wont be an ass anymore, but that's not anything to come back from, thats every NFL players history just Ben had the bad luck of running into a greedy *****.

When Favre comes back next year, they'll be saying how he came back from the nude photo's scandel and such and no one will really care.

Fire Arians
11-18-2010, 06:38 PM
his success has a lot to do with the fact he's grown up after going to prison and basically having to start all over again for his opportunity in the NFL. We're seeing a much more humble michael vick and i believe that's the root of his turnaround

jjpro11
11-18-2010, 08:01 PM
i know we've been down this road before.. he's fun to watch on the field.. but that doesn't change the fact the guy is sick in the head. call it the culture, or whatever the hell you want.. still not a guy i'd want to be around. his brain is still more warped than any of us can imagine.

he did his time, was rehabilitated.. yada, yada, yada.. why do Vick apologists keep trying to force this down everyone's throats? rapists and pedos do their time and are "rehabilitated" in prison.. i don't see people praising them for coming back from the sick shit they brought on themselves and making it in society after prison. Vick brought on everything that came to him by himself.. i fail to see how this is a heart-warming comeback story like everyone is trying to paint it as being. a true comeback story is a guy who suffers a career threatening injury, works his ass off and comes back the best way he can. that guy took the hand that was dealt to him and made the best of it. that's a far cry from trying to resurrect your career only because you were caught. if Vick hadn't been caught, he'd be living that lifestyle to this day. Richard Collier is the one that should be getting praised endlessly, not Mike Vick.

Steelerfan58
11-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Beating defenceless dogs off the sides of trees till they stop whimpering must give you good arm strength.

Fire Arians
11-27-2010, 02:32 PM
i wish michael vick would pay my neighbor's dogs a visit, they do jack shit but bark constantly till 11pm every day

jjpro11
11-27-2010, 02:44 PM
i wish michael vick would pay my neighbor's dogs a visit, they do jack shit but bark constantly till 11pm every day

blame the owners then.. as soon as our dogs start barking outside we bring them in, especially at night.

ricardisimo
11-27-2010, 04:00 PM
blame the owners then.. as soon as our dogs start barking outside we bring them in, especially at night.
You bring them inside to beat them? How novel.

Fire Arians
11-27-2010, 04:49 PM

neighbor's a detective, he doesn't get home till 11 or 12, dude prolly works like 70 hours a week

he thought his dog was loud cause it needed attention, so he bought another dog to keep it company. all that happened was twice the noise, the whole neighborhood hates those dogs but the guy's a cop, what can you do? lol

ricardisimo
11-27-2010, 05:33 PM
neighbor's a detective, he doesn't get home till 11 or 12, dude prolly works like 70 hours a week

he thought his dog was loud cause it needed attention, so he bought another dog to keep it company. all that happened was twice the noise, the whole neighborhood hates those dogs but the guy's a cop, what can you do? lol
You could do what everyone on my street does whenever the police helicopter flies overhead: call the PD and file a noise ordinance complaint.

SteelersinCA
11-27-2010, 07:24 PM
You could do what everyone on my street does whenever the police helicopter flies overhead: call the PD and file a noise ordinance complaint.

Now you had to go and use common sense, way to go Ric.:flap:

ricardisimo
11-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Now you had to go and use common sense, way to go Ric.:flap:
You should here the silence on the other end whenever we call. It's both long and deafening... priceless.