PDA

View Full Version : If we can't beat Oakland we're sad

Fire Arians
11-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah I know they're much improved but the fact of the matter is that they're still average, and jason campbell is crap

lionslicer
11-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Depends how they beat us. Through the air, not only is it sad, the team is in a lot of trouble. But if they beat us through the ground, not only does that say our defense is overrated, but its old and slow, and thats more trouble.
But I really think this defense can kill Campbell and stop the dominant running game. It depends on what happens on offense. This is a strong Raiders defense, it could easily score points if Ben makes mistakes.

Whodis
11-17-2010, 05:55 PM
I know it's a little early to say this, but it seems like a cross roads. Can we play up to our potential? Every team has injuries and can adjust to them. It's obvious teams aren't going to lay down to us. If we get a lead can we put them away?

pete74
11-17-2010, 05:57 PM
actually Oakland is a good team with a ton of talent.

stb_steeler
11-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Rite Pete......Lets all not forget last season and Raiders were bad then, not the case this season.

Whodis
11-17-2010, 06:07 PM
It doens't matter how good or bad. We seem to play down to any level.

I think Jason Campbell sucks and should be made to look like Vince Young.

rich4eagle
11-17-2010, 06:11 PM
This week is a test of Tomlin no matter how much the media adores him. They better win hard and crush Oakland in Q4 where the legacy of Tomlin is melt down

Fire Arians
11-17-2010, 06:59 PM

they are a middle of the pack team. if we can't beat them we're not one of the top teams in the league anymore, that's all im saying

SH-Rock
11-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Hey maybe if we lose Rooney will personally fire Arians? Just Saying

Need4spd
11-17-2010, 07:45 PM
This game can only be a turning point if we lose. If we win it's because we're supposed to, which still says something. If we were to lose this game though, that would be a bad sign of things to come I'm afraid. Oakland is improved, no question about that, but we if we can't take care of business at Heinz then that will indeed speak volumes about the state of this team.

Steel_Bus_24
11-17-2010, 08:03 PM
yeah like I said in the other thread.........

we will not make the playoffs if we don't win this game

The raiders are hot and are going to bring the intensity.......

and the Steelers better respond if they want to make anything out of this season......

better find "The Have to"

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVbqPWhYaqCIl_IZgm_nLJlOfTq_iAj w4eU1IQbiXWlbHfPssA

ZoneBlitzer
11-17-2010, 11:47 PM

I agree. That Jacoby Ford is something else...

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2010, 12:57 AM
if they lose to oakland...AGAIN !!! ... Then the F.O. needs to seriously examine the leadership of this team. tomlins ability to motivate and properly prepare the "men" , should be re evaluated.

tony hipchest
11-18-2010, 01:20 AM
maybe this time we should just unleash the hounds of hell on them. :scratchchin:

1uaPs8sxqB0

NYC_Steeler
11-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Let me put it this way: we lose to the Raiders, and it's 2009 all over again. You'll see team morale collapse/fall off a cliff and the townfolk will take to the streets with pitchforks seeking Tomlin's head.

SteelKnight
11-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah I know they're much improved but the fact of the matter is that they're still average, and jason campbell is crap

I know...lol

Honestly, they were a cindarella story I was enjoying rooting for but not this week.

Some people have been making excuses for our pass defense all along even though it has been ranked 22nd to 24th all season long. I have been saying it is like Swiss chease and that bend but don't break philosophy was eventually going to break.

Teams have easily had greater than 2/3rds of their passes complete against us so why not pass? you know you are dealing with the leagues best run defense and a truly sucky pass defense. Why not pass on every down? I would...or at least most downs (like 3/4). You know the odds are high it will be a completion. If we have been allowing 67.5% completion, imagine what that number would be if QBs didn't make mistakes and throw bad balls when the guy is open. It might be 75%.

And before anyone says, they are all short passes, just keep in mind that the Steelers are 7th worst in yards from pass in the league.

If the Steelers make Cambell look like Manning then their pass defense really really really sucks. Cambell sucks and the Steelers should get at least 2 picks and 1 QB fumble. They need to do something about that 5th from worst ranking of completion percentage.

PS...I just noticed the Pats are the worst with 68.8% completion % allowed. Damn. Ben and BA couldn't do something with that?

DoubleYoi
11-18-2010, 10:34 AM
PS...I just noticed the Pats are the worst with 68.8% completion % allowed. Damn. Ben and BA couldn't do something with that?

Are you surprised? You have to have a second or two to throw the ball in order to take advantage of a team's secondary. Add in the fact that your #1 (and only) posession WR was out of the game very early, you had a recipe for disaster.

SteelKnight
11-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Are you surprised? You have to have a second or two to throw the ball in order to take advantage of a team's secondary. Add in the fact that your #1 (and only) posession WR was out of the game very early, you had a recipe for disaster.

I thought Ben had time. It wasn't like lat year's Eagles game or anything. I saw one play where he got sacked whetre the player was wide open. I know it is easy to say that watching TV but I believe Brady makes the throw and avoids the sack. It could be because ben has only had 4 games with these receivers (exept Wallace) so doesn't trust them.

Randel El should have caught that TD pass. I hope Sanders takes his spot as #3.

68.8% is something an Offensive coordinator must take advantage of.

TRH
11-18-2010, 12:31 PM
they're definitely going to try and beat us through the air. Isn't any doubt about that.

plenewken
11-18-2010, 12:45 PM

We don't have a 2sec passer QB to begin with, and Arians never asked him to become one. He's more into scrambling in the pocket looking for big plays.
There's nothing wrong with <15yds passes. That's how the Patriots beat us and they won't be the last ones to do so.

Lord of Lombardi
11-18-2010, 12:57 PM
RelaX Steeler Nation

We'll beat Oakland. Two words... Jason Campbell

We'll win by 3 Sean Sushiam Field goals.

Atlanta Dan
11-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Peter King apparently has concluded the Steelers are sad as he predicts a 23-21 Oakland win

The more I think this can't happen, and that the Steelers have to win a game they need badly in the wake of the New England debacle, the more I think: Who's going to block Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly? I can't come up with an answer -- at least not an answer for 60 Pittsburgh offensive plays.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/18/nfl.week.11.picks/index.html

What a difference one loss makes as to how the Steelers are regarded

NYC_Steeler
11-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Peter King apparently has concluded the Steelers are sad as he predicts a 23-21 Oakland win

The more I think this can't happen, and that the Steelers have to win a game they need badly in the wake of the New England debacle, the more I think: Who's going to block Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly? I can't come up with an answer -- at least not an answer for 60 Pittsburgh offensive plays.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/18/nfl.week.11.picks/index.html

What a difference one loss makes as to how the Steelers are regarded

That's what happens when a good team completely throttles you in every facet of the game. You're left totally exposed.