PDA

View Full Version : Keisel slowly working his way back

mesaSteeler
11-17-2010, 09:29 PM
View From The Press Box
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/11/17/keisel-slowly-working-his-way-back/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

Keisel slowly working his way back
November 17th, 2010

There probably isnt a more frustrating injury in sports than a hamstring one as Brett Keisel can attest.

The starting defensive end thought he had gotten past the pulled hamstring he sustained early in an Oct. 17 game against the Browns, and he was all set to play in a recent Monday night game at Cincinnati.

I felt good in warm-ups. I felt good during my (pre-game) routine and then I went out there and it was just (hurt) right away, Keisel said. Its just one of those things that you dont understand sometimes, but you just have to continue to work and rest and work your way back.

Keisel took a positive step in working his way back Wednesday.

The ninth-year veteran participated in individual drills during practice and later did some running while the Steelers conducted team drills.

Keisel said it is too early to tell whether he will he healthy enough to play Sunday against the Raiders.

But he knows as well as anyone that you cant rush back from a bad hamstring given how easy it is to aggravate the injury with the quick bursts that are required in football.

Keisel, who dealt with a hamstring injury earlier in his career, said, I kind of know how to work myself back into it and should have listened to myself more (during the recovery process).

Weve been emphasizing this time getting the strength back, trying to do all of the motions you would do out on the field before you actually have to do it. Hopefully Ill be back soon.

zulater
11-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Sit until the Ravens game Brett. If we can't beat the Raiders and Bills without Keis then we're not going to be worth a damn anyway.

Whodis
11-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Not having him and Smith is so big. Have to agree with you and let him sit til he's sure to to pull it again.

wootawnee
11-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Sit until the Ravens game Brett. If we can't beat the Raiders and Bills without Keis then we're not going to be worth a damn anyway.

Go ahead and take the Raiders lightly and you will watch them kick you ass like last year......