PDA

View Full Version : 6-3 going on?

zulater
11-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Care to make a guess as to what the Steelers final regular season record will be?

I'm going 11-5, but I'm not sure there's a number out there that would surprise me after what happened last year and given the way we're playing lately.

tony hipchest
11-17-2010, 11:42 PM
the ghosts of last year haunt us all.

im gonna say 11-5 as well.

i know a lebeau defense can stop the jets and ravens offense, but if we plan on beating their defenses by "doing what the steelers do" and "imposing our will" i think a miracle to execute that plan will be needed.

im thinking we beat the ravens, and posibly have a suprise loss thrown in there (just hopefully not this weekend).

MattsMe
11-17-2010, 11:43 PM
I picked 11-5, but I thought the same thing last year, so who knows.

MACH1
11-17-2010, 11:52 PM
11-5 would be great.

But I picked 10-6.
:couch:

zulater
11-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Put it this way, if we don't win the next two,( both of them) I'm probably thinking along the lines of 8-8.

zulater
11-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Ok who picked 12-4? Please talk me into believing that's going to happen? Please?!

lol, jk, I really do hope you're right.

Wallace108
11-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Put it this way, if we don't win the next two,( both of them) I'm probably thinking along the lines of 8-8.

WHOA!! I thought you guaranteed AT LEAST 11 wins. :noidea:

SteelCityMom
11-18-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm going with 11-5 as well...though 12-4 would be pretty sweet.

zulater
11-18-2010, 12:05 AM
WHOA!! I thought you guaranteed AT LEAST 11 wins. :noidea:

Yeah, well it starts with winning the next two games. We don't do that, then they probably wont make that total and I'll stop posting over there :doh:.

No problem, I'm not going to stop posting here regardless, no great loss. :flap:

Wallace108
11-18-2010, 12:07 AM
No problem, I'm not going to stop posting here regardless, no great loss. :flap:

OK, Zu ... I get what you're saying. :wink02:

SH-Rock
11-18-2010, 06:56 AM
The two games I'm worried about is the Ravens and Jets games

zulater
11-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Just curious, who said 8-8. Don't get me wrong it's a valid opinion, I wont say a word against it, and sadly I fear it could easily happen. But all the same, i wonder who it is?

casteeler
11-18-2010, 09:20 AM
i thought 11-5 looked good as well, i think we will win a couple more with sir-chokes- alot (Reed) in the rearview!

lionslicer
11-18-2010, 11:27 AM
13-3!!!
Okay not really, I wish I had that type of faith in the Steelers.

11-5 seems right. But 6-10 isn't impossible.

Atlanta Dan
11-18-2010, 11:55 AM
11 -5 if the Steelers win Sunday - if they lose to Oakland look out below

My guess is they lose at Baltimore and lose to either (but not both) the Jets or Browns while winning against Oakland, Cincinnati and Carolina (home) and at Buffalo.

steelerchad
11-18-2010, 12:30 PM
11-5. I think we beat Baltimore and the Jets. I'm fearful of this weekend. I could see us losing this one and the game to Cincy or Cleveland.

steelerchad
11-18-2010, 12:33 PM
11-5. I think we beat Baltimore and the Jets. I'm fearful of this weekend. I could see us losing this one and the game to Cincy or Cleveland.

Flacco and Sanchez don't get mistaken for Brady and Brees very often. We got exposed in the secondary badly against Brady. Brees didn't really light us up, just a couple big plays late. We need to tighten up the pass D and I think we will.
Campbell, Fitzpatrick, Flacco, Palmer, Claussen, Sanchez, McCoy.

Palmer with his receivers is likely the best passing threat we face the rest of the year. Don't be surprised if our pass D magically gets a lot better in the coming weeks.

TRH
11-18-2010, 12:37 PM
9-7

MaineSteelerFan
11-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm going and hopping for 12-4 :tt04:

SteelerEmpire
11-18-2010, 01:12 PM

If we lose the next two, I have no confidence we'll make the playoffs. IF we do make the playoffs, its a waste of the NFL even setting up and hosting any of our playoff games cause we'll get crushed early on... :noidea:

But on the flip side. If we win out or only lose one... I can see # 7 at the end of the tunnel...

Steel_Bus_24
11-18-2010, 01:25 PM
after the strong start, even with a loss that probably will cost us the division, I thought we were going to go 12-4

with losses to NO, NE, and Balt down the stretch

so I really shouldn't be panicking yet but, the way they've gotten progressively worse and the injuries mounting

makes it hard for me to think this not a 09 repeat or worse

steve314
11-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Care to make a guess as to what the Steelers final regular season record will be?

I'm going 11-5, but I'm not sure there's a number out there that would surprise me after what happened last year and given the way we're playing lately.

Why is there no option for 9-6-1?

ricardisimo
11-18-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm voting 12-4 as well, and not because of the glue I'm sniffing. Oakland, Cincy, Buffalo, Carolina and Cleveland I feel pretty good about (even if Oakland and Cleveland are playing surprisingly well. Can we sneak a win against either Baltimore or the Jets? I say yes.

All of this is contingent upon Arians not going completely psycho (which is kind of a big if) and on Lebeau making some adjustments.

ZoneBlitzer
11-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Just curious, who said 8-8. Don't get me wrong it's a valid opinion, I wont say a word against it, and sadly I fear it could easily happen. But all the same, i wonder who it is?

I picked 8-8. I think it comes down to this: crippling injuries everywhere and stubbornly poor coaching. And needless to say, I hope I am proven wrong and will gladly tip my hat to them if they somehow manage to make the playoffs and will go to the buffet table of humble pie for seconds.

When you lose quality personnel though...it's just too much of a handicap to overcome, especially on the offensive and defensive lines. They need to adjust but it may take them too long to implement some new wrinkles. As a fan, I'd like to see the young wideouts play more and am also curious to see what Dwyer could do on the field. But I guess I'm dreaming...

I got them going down like this:

Raiders - Loss (Raiders riding high and playing well. Steelers driven by a blind horse with a mannequin at the helm.)
Bills - Loss (Bills play with emotion and play hard despite their record. Suisham misses a couple)
Ravens - Loss (Healthier team wins)
Bengals - Win (Carson keeps throwing picks.)
Jets - Loss (Santonio gashes them)
Panthers - Win (They have no QB.)
Browns - Loss (Better coached team wins especially against a short-handed Steelers squad)

ricardisimo
11-20-2010, 05:13 PM
You're missing a pretty basic point, which is that this year we're beating the teams we're supposed to beat, and fairly handily. Oakland, Buffalo, Cincy, Panthers and Browns are all wins. 11-5 is our worst finish.

zulater
11-22-2010, 08:02 PM
I picked 8-8. I think it comes down to this: crippling injuries everywhere and stubbornly poor coaching. And needless to say, I hope I am proven wrong and will gladly tip my hat to them if they somehow manage to make the playoffs and will go to the buffet table of humble pie for seconds.

When you lose quality personnel though...it's just too much of a handicap to overcome, especially on the offensive and defensive lines. They need to adjust but it may take them too long to implement some new wrinkles. As a fan, I'd like to see the young wideouts play more and am also curious to see what Dwyer could do on the field. But I guess I'm dreaming...

I got them going down like this:

Raiders - Loss (Raiders riding high and playing well. Steelers driven by a blind horse with a mannequin at the helm.)
]Bills - Loss (Bills play with emotion and play hard despite their record. Suisham misses a couple)
Ravens - Loss (Healthier team wins)
Bengals - Win (Carson keeps throwing picks.)
Jets - Loss (Santonio gashes them)
Panthers - Win (They have no QB.)
Browns - Loss (Better coached team wins especially against a short-handed Steelers squad)

Glad you got that one wrong, hope you miss another this week. :flap:

SH-Rock
11-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Predictions for rest of the season

Bills-70% Win (Comes down to a close game)
Ravens-60% Loss (Ravens have been booming lately and they are at home)
Bengals-80% Win
Jets 50% Win (It's going to be tough game and it's all going to come down to coaching)
Panthers-90% win
Browns-70% (Browns will be looking to play spoiler for the rest of the season. And they are really good overall)

Whodis
11-22-2010, 08:29 PM
We need to get healthier. Smith and Keisel for the playoffs (saying we keep this run going) would be a big difference maker.

ZoneBlitzer
11-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Glad you got that one wrong, hope you miss another this week. :flap:

I guess my dream is coming true with the use of the young wideouts. Whew, is all I can say.