PDA

View Full Version : Props to Matty Ice

SteelKnight
11-18-2010, 10:47 AM
I had no idea he was 18 and 1 at home. They need to keep it up and get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. That is an impressive record.

lionslicer
11-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Too bad he's terrible on the road. He's only won 2 games on the road. Wonder if he could win in the superbowl

SteelKnight
11-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Too bad he's terrible on the road. He's only won 2 games on the road. Wonder if he could win in the superbowl

Wow. Is that true? lol That's funny.

lionslicer
11-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Wow. Is that true? lol That's funny.

Yep, his overrall record is like 20-10, so if he has 18 wins just at home, I guess the 2 others have to be on the road lol.

EDIT:

My bad, I was looking at his stats from the past 2 seasons, it didn't include his record this season.

His official record up to today is 27-12, with 11 losses being on the road, but still only 9 wins on the road and 18 at home. So thats probably around average with quarterbacks except Manning, Brady and Ben who have very good home and away records.

SteelKnight
11-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Yep, his overrall record is like 20-10, so if he has 18 wins just at home, I guess the 2 others have to be on the road lol.

EDIT:

My bad, I was looking at his stats from the past 2 seasons, it didn't include his record this season.

His official record up to today is 27-12, with 11 losses being on the road, but still only 9 wins on the road and 18 at home. So thats probably around average with quarterbacks except Manning, Brady and Ben who have very good home and away records.

Yeah. 9 and 11 isn't nearly as bad. That's almost 500. If he could just make that push to get over 500 plus his home record, e would be at 11-12 wins per season...not bad.

Basically the sample size is small so he is around 500. I went back and looked. In 2008 he was 500. This year he is 500 ...but in 2009, he went 3-5. Any one game could have gone either way so overall he is about 500 on the road. One loss set him two back because it takes one out of the win column as it adds one to the loss column.

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2010, 07:28 PM
I had no idea he was 18 and 1 at home. They need to keep it up and get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. That is an impressive record.

If they get home field and play the Eagles it will be a diminished advantage like the Steelers fans at road games - lot of Mike Vick love (e.g. - "it was just dogs" and The Power keeping a brother down) and Matty Ice resentment still simmers for a significant portion of the Atlanta fan base