PDA

View Full Version : Good luck to you

GoDolphins
03-27-2006, 05:25 PM
on opening day. You guys are the champs but we finished strong last year. (I bet on you guys)
We will give you guys a good game. Hope your team doesn't overlook us for your sake.
We have made some strong offseason moves and finished last year with 6 straight wins. I'm excitied about seeing a primetime game with you guys to open the season.

How is your offseason aquisitions?
I havent kept up

clevestinks
03-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Damn, already, its awfully early,lol. Off season is slow, more signing our own guys.
How you feeling about the newQB

RoethlisBURGHer
03-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Glad to have you here.I am looking forward to a good game,and hopefully Cullpepper will be ready to start the season.

83-Steelers-43
03-27-2006, 05:51 PM
on opening day. You guys are the champs but we finished strong last year. (I bet on you guys)
We will give you guys a good game. Hope your team doesn't overlook us for your sake.
We have made some strong offseason moves and finished last year with 6 straight wins. I'm excitied about seeing a primetime game with you guys to open the season.

I havent kept up

Nice to have you around. Opening day, at home, wanting to repeat? We will be ready.

As for offseason moves. With the exception of FS Ryan Clark we have been tending to our own and keeping the team intact. Very rarely do the Steelers go out and blow mass quantities of cash in the FA market.

SteelerzGirl
03-27-2006, 05:53 PM

I havent kept up

Thanks, Dolphins! Good luck to you, too. :smile:

Man_Of_Steel
03-27-2006, 07:10 PM
We have almost our entire team back. Ben is the real deal, a winner. We are at home for this game and Culpepper has done squat. I look for us to start where we left off, a convincing win. Peace out.

Suitanim
03-27-2006, 07:59 PM

I havent kept up

In the immortal words of Ivan Drago:

"You will lose"

Hawk Believer
03-27-2006, 08:02 PM

"You will lose"

I don't know if that is the best quote to pick. Drago didn't exactly come through on his guarentee. Except maybe in the French version.

Suitanim
03-27-2006, 08:06 PM
I don't know if that is the best quote to pick. Drago didn't exactly come through on his guarentee. Except maybe in the French version.

I just quoted him.

Ohio Steeler
03-27-2006, 08:18 PM
man it is way to soon for this

Suitanim
03-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Is it? I have major faith in my team...

Ohio Steeler
03-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Is it? I have major faith in my team...

I do to I am just saying it is way to early for the trash talk to start, but I guess when you are the super Bolw champions everyone is gunning for you

SteelShooter
03-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the nice conversation and welcome to STEELERS FEVER! It's nice to have someone from another team that does not just walk in and trash talk.

We lost FS Chris Hope, WR Antwaan Randle El, and DE Kimo Von Olhoffen. But all will be easily replaced (read as: already are replaced) and picked up a FS from FA.

During the draft we really are not plugging any holes, but merely adding depth and setting up training for future stars.

Pretty much, the entire team is intact.

Good Luck opening day........can't wait to see Daunte's look when Joey and Troy are in his face! :bouncy:

Midnightwriter1
03-28-2006, 07:08 AM
I am sure no matter who we were going to get to play, they would be loving it. What is a better test to start the year than to play against the Superbowl champs to see where you measure up ? Since Miami feels they have done a major upgrade to their team, i am sure their fans are loving it as well because they have been close to making playoffs but havnt been ableto quit get there latley. I think we have the advantage though because we have our team intact for the most part and it is at home and i think we are just a better team. Miami will be good, but it takes awhile to gel as a team.. especially when bringing in a new QB. Culpepper may or my not play... but i look for it to be a good game either way.

GoDolphins
03-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome. So youve lost randle ell and the bus?
Do you think you are looking to the draft for replacements or are there still some lingering FAs out there?

Sounds like a few holes to fill.
Sad to see the bus go. I liked him as a player. lot of heart

Midnightwriter1
03-28-2006, 02:29 PM
the players we lost are replaceable. Most Steeler fans ar sad to see him go ( though i know alot of them who were bitching and whining about him for 3 years now and wanting him out...you know who you are lol ) but is all good. Randle El and hope will be replaceable. Randel El more for a trick play or two, but they are replaceable. We have 10 draft picks, replaced Hope for now and basically the team is pretty much intact so we are in decent shape with no huge concerns ... maybe at WR if Morgan or Wilson doesnt pan our at # 2 .. but given Randel El's numbers last year... i dont see how we cant improve ??? Ward is the guy and the rest of the receivers stepped in when needed. Also we will be using TE Miller more and he will be more involved in passing game. All of our line is back, Duce is healthy Willie is healthy , haynes too as well as i am sure we will pick someone else up via draft. Our OL is all back and healthy .. our D is all back but 2 and i think we have decent replacements there.

Looking forward to draft to see who the new Steelers will be !!

Justin Otstott
03-31-2006, 04:34 PM
I agree it is very early for all this but hey oh well...lol....I personally don't care what happens that game win or lose...it will be the first game....blah

83-Steelers-43
03-31-2006, 04:44 PM
I personally don't care what happens that game win or lose...it will be the first game....blah

Every game matters. A game in week one is no different than a game in week eight or twelve. They all add up the same. Hypothetically, maybe that game during week one that we lost, might become very important if we are in the hunt for a playoff spot later in the year.

MasterOfPuppets
03-31-2006, 04:46 PM

"You will lose"
i thought ivan said "i must break you"......

Suitanim
03-31-2006, 05:33 PM
i thought ivan said "i must break you"......

That was a long time ago...maybe he said both?

How about "To crush the Dolphins, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women"?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-31-2006, 06:41 PM
It will be a good game, and trust me we won't over look you. Cowher sees to it that our heads dont get too big and we stay focused. We'll be ready. :tt:

DIESELMAN
04-01-2006, 04:24 PM
That was a long time ago...maybe he said both?

How about "To crush the Dolphins, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women"?

Schwarzenegger? cool I always get a laugh out of him talking and trying to act.....

As far as the Dolphins go Culpepper better be serious about rehabbing his knee.....

Stlrs4Life
04-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Good luck Dolphins. It'll be a good one. Interesting to see how Miami will pan out. I believe we will be ready. I like our FA so far. We really haven't lost much. Bettis to retirement. I think Willie and a healthy Duce will be fine. Morgan and Wilson will have to make up for El.