PDA

View Full Version : Will we win

joeyssteelcurtain
11-19-2010, 06:30 AM
I think we all know this is a must win so I say yes and we learn from our lose and get better

Whodis
11-19-2010, 07:15 AM
I'd feel better if Keisel is healthy. You know they will try to run on us. Wouldn't mind seeing the Polamalu of old up at the line causing havac

DoubleYoi
11-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Not a must win. That term is thrown about way too much. If you lose a "must win" game, you are mathematically eliminated from contention or the playoffs. Losing this game would do neither of those. Yeah, it'd be a big blow to team morale and everything else that goes with it but falling to 6-4 would hardly end the Steelers season.

I do think the Steelers win this game though. Should be a hard-fought game in the trenches with both teams trying to set the pace by pounding the ball. Steelers have to be on their A-Game to slow down Oakland who has the second most Rushing YPG in the league.

MaineSteelerFan
11-19-2010, 08:49 AM
We will kick some butt :tt04:

steelerchad
11-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Chris Johnson couldn't run on us and neither will McFadden. They'll get some passing yards underneath and be frustrated in the redzone all day having to settle for field goals.
Hope our new kicker doesn't cost us this game. 23-16 Steelers.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Chris Johnson couldn't run on us and neither will McFadden.

That was when we had both Aaron Smith and Brett Kiesel...since then, Eason hasn't been too bad, but Hood has been little more than a speedbump for the other teams' ground games.

Steel_Bus_24
11-19-2010, 05:53 PM
That was when we had both Aaron Smith and Brett Kiesel...since then, Eason hasn't been too bad, but Hood has been little more than a speedbump for the other teams' ground games.

QFT....and they looked even worse when Timmons went out......if he gets hobbled again Id expect them to be breaking for more then 100

Our Offense has to win this game IMO....the D is really hurting and I don't think they'll get any steam back until we play the Ravens

Fire Arians
11-19-2010, 06:07 PM
if we can stop darren mcfadden from going all fred taylor on us we should win

fer522
11-19-2010, 07:08 PM
fire Arians

steeltheone
11-20-2010, 12:38 AM

Yes Smith and Kiesel at 33 and 35 years old are the reason Brady threw like we were a High School team. I've never seen two more overated players.

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Steelers better win or the season could spiral out of control

Lots of similarities going into this game and 2 years ago

In 2008 the Steelers had lost 2 games out of the last 3 to the defending Super Bowl champ (Giants) and a perennial AFC SB contender (Colts) sandwiched around a Monday night road win against a mediocre team (Redskins in 2008)

After the disappointing Colts loss at home in which Roethlisberger was the culprit with late INTs, a good but certainly not great AFC West team (San Diego), came into Heinz

Then as now there was concern losing 3 out of 4 might send the season into the dumpster

It took a late drive to do it but the San Diego win in which Roethlisberger started to take care of the ball kicked off a 5 game wining streak - hopefully tomorrow also results in a win that gets the season back on track

MaineSteelerFan
11-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Question the 3 individuals who voted no. Are you Steeler fans??

GO STEELERS :tt04:

silver & black
11-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Question the 3 individuals who voted no. Are you Steeler fans??

GO STEELERS :tt04:

What would make you ask that question? :sofunny:

ZoneBlitzer
11-20-2010, 12:36 PM
If I see that same business as usual approach from Tomlin, I fear it will be a loss. I want to see an animated Tomlin getting his 1st to 3rd stringers going like he did to start the year.

sharkweek
11-20-2010, 12:54 PM
There's nothing special about this game that its a must win, ideally we'd win every game but that's not going to happen, but hopefully every game is treated with equal fervor, including this one.

SteelKnight
11-20-2010, 02:29 PM
I'd feel better if Keisel is healthy. You know they will try to run on us. Wouldn't mind seeing the Polamalu of old up at the line causing havac

Run? We'll be fine against the run even without Smith and Keisel. It is our pass defense you should be concerned about where people easily complete more than 2/3rds of their passes. I saw the last Rader game and that Jacoby Ford looked pretty good. Between him, DHB, Miller and our sucky Swiss cheese pass D, that should be worrying you.

Fortunately, Cambell really sucks. He's good for 2 picks.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Yes Smith and Kiesel at 33 and 35 years old are the reason Brady threw like we were a High School team. I've never seen two more overated players.

I am sorry, dude, but that was a moronic post.

We were discussing whether or not Darren McFadden was going to be able to run the ball against us or not. Someone had stated that since Chris Johnson couldn't, McFadden won't either. I correctly stated that we stopped Chris Johnson because we had both of our run-stopping geniuses in the Dline starting lineup.

None of us said anything about Brett and Aaron Smith being out was the reason Brady threw all over us......where did you get that from? Try reading for context before you hit the "blast" button next time...

Big D
11-20-2010, 03:46 PM
fire Arians

i agree

wootawnee
11-20-2010, 10:19 PM
If you need to poll yourselves to see if you think you can win,

You Are Doomed, and already beaten.

Shea
11-20-2010, 10:23 PM
If you need to poll yourselves to see if you think you can win,

You Are Doomed, and already beaten.

So a thread on a message board is gonna determine whether the Steelers win or lose?

ricardisimo
11-21-2010, 04:58 AM
So a thread on a message board is gonna determine whether the Steelers win or lose?
Yes Shea, it will. We are doomed.

steelerdave1969
11-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Its another AFC game . . we Need This Win Very Badly. Yes I think its a must win, all games are a Must Win to me.

Steelers 24
Raiders 9