PDA

View Full Version : dolphin fans already talking smack before the game!!!!

Tha rock
03-28-2006, 12:02 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=133540

there rippping you guys already

MattsMe
03-28-2006, 12:13 AM
:jerkit:

SteelR1
03-28-2006, 04:04 AM
i second that..........:jerkit: :jerkit:

Too Funny!!!!

SteelShooter
03-28-2006, 05:01 AM
I just finished reading a bunch of their entries, <yawn> and it was pretty interesting.....if you're 16!

You know, it doesn't really phase me. We knew we would have a target on our back. Talking smack is a way for the little man to feel better about himself.

In all honestly, they look to make a pretty good improvement this year. Not good enough IMO, but anything is better than the 1st half of their season last year. They could really give NE a run for their division.....provided they stay focused. A few good acquisitions also. Now, I have never been a real Culpepper fan, but with some decent protection and a productive receiving corps, he can be quite dangerous.

I still look for it to be a very, very good game. And the excitement of the first game of the season...Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

:sign01: :tt:

Midnightwriter1
03-28-2006, 06:23 AM
"yea they all think culpepper is going to be hurt, ive always thought their fans were very uneduacated when it comes to the game."

I dont know where they are getting that from, most STEELERS fans i know personally and most i know from the message boards are very educated about football. Not just the Steelers, but all of NFL. I think that they must be a lil upset that Ben won in his second year and Marino never could make it back after all those years. =)

melroseplace
03-28-2006, 06:45 AM
the topic of this thread makes me laugh...Dolphin fans talking smack? :toofunny:

MAN-O-STEEL
03-28-2006, 06:45 AM
The fin fans are like the little child that crosses the busy road. their only focus is on the kids playing accross the street, not the truck headed their way. They just don't know about the danger their in until it's to late.:helmet:

schoondog
03-28-2006, 07:39 AM
on another message board i got an email from one of those 12 year olds.

FinHead Tue March 28, 2006 02:01 AM
Well this is for all you steelers fans Culpepper will be ready and we will put a beating on your butts!!!!

Was thinking of responding but i can't find away to use crayons

SteelerDad
03-28-2006, 07:44 AM
When you think about it, it's really a compliment. People talked that way about New England when they were going through their great run, and now people are saying the same things about us.

As far as Steeler fans being uneduacted about football, that's nothing but pure garbage. If you're from Western Pennsylvania, you know football. Be it the Steelers, Nittany Lions, Panthers, small college, or high school football, we know winning football and we know how winning football teams are put together and coached.

So let their fans talk, it's going to be the guys on the field who are going to have the final say anyway.

schoondog
03-28-2006, 07:48 AM
When you think about it, it's really a compliment. People talked that way about New England when they were going through their great run, and now people are saying the same things about us.

As far as Steeler fans being uneduacted about football, that's nothing but pure garbage. If you're from Western Pennsylvania, you know football. Be it the Steelers, Nittany Lions, Panthers, small college, or high school football, we know winning football and we know how winning football teams are put together and coached.

So let their fans talk, it's going to be the guys on the field who are going to have the final say anyway.

so you have to be from western pennsylvania to know football, gee thanks i guess from now on i will refer all comments and questions to you. since i am from the midwest and inferior to you.

drizze99
03-28-2006, 08:07 AM
What a joke. I do believ that they will make the playoffs this year, but damn they are a ****y bunch. THey sign CPep and now think they are going to dominate the NFL. We'll put a beat down on them and put them back in their place.

BlackNGold203
03-28-2006, 08:10 AM
They need to get real...Culpepper wont be ready til week 3 or 4...he destroyed that knee..like Palmer...

Avoid Lloyd
03-28-2006, 08:17 AM
Does anyone else find it ironic that they mispelled "educated" when referring to us?

Suitanim
03-28-2006, 08:21 AM
"yea they all think culpepper is going to be hurt, ive always thought their fans were very uneduacated when it comes to the game."

That's interesting. When I lived in Florida, I ran across all kinds of fans from all different teams who were transplanted down there, and, to tell you the truth, the most educated always seemed to be the NY (Giants and Jets), Browns and Steelers fans, believe it or not. You could throw a rock in a sports bar and hit 10 knuckleheaded Phins fans before it'd conk one on the head that really knew anything about the game of football.

Midnightwriter1
03-28-2006, 08:27 AM
I have heard people call us crazy, obsessed, over the top, a cult ( which is what i call us steeler fans lol ) .. but i have never heard anyone every say that Steeler fans were " uneducated or not knowledgeable " about the game of football. that was a lil odd.

SteelerDad
03-28-2006, 09:27 AM
so you have to be from western pennsylvania to know football, gee thanks i guess from now on i will refer all comments and questions to you. since i am from the midwest and inferior to you.

Your comprehension skills aren't very good are they.

I said we know football in Western Pa. I didn't say that we were the only ones who do.

SteelerFanInCA
03-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Typical Dolphin fans. Too bad they will be licking Patriot balls for years to come.

GoDolphins
03-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Yes, some of the fans are a little overoptimistic. Everyone is exited because of the solid offseason we have had so far as well as the 6 game streak to end the year. Some are looking at the key losses you guys have suffered and failed to replace so far (unless I am missinformed)
You should feel good about people gunning for you coming of the big win.
A lot have said you guys needed a little help to win the superbowl from the stripes (I'm glad you won...I won a bunch of money on you guys)

There still is a lot to happen in the draft and FA before we should make predictions. We have been pretty good a knocking off the big guys lately though.
good luck the rest of the offseason

Avoid Lloyd
03-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Some are looking at the key losses you guys have suffered and failed to replace so far (unless I am missinformed)

You are.

Key losses? Like who? Randle "35 catches" El? I think we can replace him.

Chris "My name isn't Troy" Hope? We signed an equal replacement before we even lost him.

Kimo "35 years old" von Oelhoffen? Kiesel was going to take his place this year anyway.

We're haven't lost anyone that hasn't already been replaced or upgraded. We'll be just fine.

I'm looking forward to the opener - good luck to ya.

LuckyNumber7
03-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Haha, thanks for the link, reading that, made my day. Want to talk about uneducated??? WOW! :shake01: They are just jealous of our "questionable" SUPER BOWL VICTORY! As they would say. Hey, at least our team isn't named after a fish....lol.

$LN7$

SCall13
03-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Not many of us Dolphins fans talking trash. We have been busy standing up for ourselves. Seems some over-zealous Steelers fans seem to think the Dolphins will get spanked in the game. NOT so, I say. The match up will be such that the defenses will keep it very close until one of the teams pulls out an exciting nail biter. THe Winner will be the DOLPHINS. It will be a TD pass to Fred Beasley out of the backfield with just over 2 minutes left to go. It will be an exciting game to open the season with. And it will make everyone realize that Miami IS IS IS for real.

That said, I was pulling for you guys in the big show. I loved it that you guys beat the sea birds. Entirely new season coming. The Phins, coming off a 6 game winning streak and some serious offseason improvement, are going to bring it to your Steelers. I hope they are ready for us. Because we are coming to play a physical, hard nosed ball game that we intend to win.

You can visit me and many dolphins fans at Finheaven. com

SteelerDad
03-28-2006, 07:39 PM
I hope they are ready for us. Because we are coming to play a physical, hard nosed ball game that we intend to win.

:sofunny:

I'm sorry, but that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Son, you're talking to the franchise that invented physical, hard nosed football. So many teams have lined up across from us thinking that they were ready for the way we play football only to learn that they had no idea how tough we are.

Just remember what Kevin Greene once said about the way we play defense:

"We're coming from everywhere. We play with 15 guys in the huddle. We have guys parachuting from airplanes, fans coming from out of the stands to help us go after people."

I hope you're ready for that.

SCall13
03-28-2006, 07:45 PM
:sofunny:

It's cool brother. Laugh. I remember when the Donkeys and their fans were laughing last year. And what happened? We destroyed and EMBARRASSED the Donkeys. I love it when over-confidence is involved. Makes is easier to give out an @$$ whoopin'. I guess we'll see. COme visit us ANY time and Finheaven.com

SteelerDad
03-28-2006, 07:48 PM
COme visit us ANY time and Finheaven.com

No thanks, I'd probably catch a contact buzz from Ricky Williams bong.

LuckyNumber7
03-28-2006, 07:48 PM
The Phins, coming off a 6 game winning streak and some serious offseason improvement, are going to bring it to your Steelers. I hope they are ready for us. Because we are coming to play a physical, hard nosed ball game that we intend to win.

:blah:
Um.....ok...... :chuckle:

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

$LN7$

SCall13
03-28-2006, 08:24 PM
I hope you guys aren't resting your success on what you've done HISTORICALLY. If so, then you have issues. History has never taken the field and beaten anyone. SO I could care less about the HISTORY of Pitts smash mouth game. The new version of that smash mouth game of the Steelers isn't nearly as intimidating as it used to be. ANd now that the Bus is gone, your power approach needs some work. Parker is a fast guy who will have a helluva time running on our D-line and LBs. I mean let's be REALISITIC. THis game will be a good one. Set aside your homerism and ADMIT IT. You are apprehensive about playing a very much improved and a talented Dolphin team. You wanted a team you felt you matched up well with. Instead, what you got, is a team that matches up very well with you. And what's worse, we the tapes to watch and see what Seattle did to make Big Ben look, for the most part, lost. We have a coach and the talent to exploit the SB champs and give them one hell of a season opener. I'm looking forward to the W. It will be a nice win to start the season.

Finheaven.com - THE PREMIER Fan site on the net

LuckyNumber7
03-28-2006, 08:37 PM
I hope you guys aren't resting your success on what you've done HISTORICALLY. If so, then you have issues. History has never taken the field and beaten anyone. SO I could care less about the HISTORY of Pitts smash mouth game. The new version of that smash mouth game of the Steelers isn't nearly as intimidating as it used to be. ANd now that the Bus is gone, your power approach needs some work. Parker is a fast guy who will have a helluva time running on our D-line and LBs. I mean let's be REALISITIC. THis game will be a good one. Set aside your homerism and ADMIT IT. You are apprehensive about playing a very much improved and a talented Dolphin team. You wanted a team you felt you matched up well with. Instead, what you got, is a team that matches up very well with you. And what's worse, we the tapes to watch and see what Seattle did to make Big Ben look, for the most part, lost. We have a coach and the talent to exploit the SB champs and give them one hell of a season opener. I'm looking forward to the W. It will be a nice win to start the season.

Finheaven.com - THE PREMIER Fan site on the net

I beg to differ with you. History does have a part in winning. Its called experience. Do you not agree that experience has some part in whether you win or you lose? I agree with you that the Dolphins are going to be a good team this year, BUT nobody knows if Culpepper is going to be 100%. You talk about us not have the Bus, but if we are being realistic, who's to say Ricky Williams will be coming back after the failed his drug test, after what, the 5th time? And, yea, Big Ben didn't have the greatest SB appearance, but guess what, we came out World Champs. A win is a win, no matter how ugly. But I do hope it is a good game.

$LN7$

BlitzburghRockCity
03-28-2006, 08:47 PM
What a bunch of idiots.. I cant believe they are talking smack already and its only March ! Whatever will they do come december ? Looks like a bunch of romper room rejects trying to act like real football fans.

SteelerDad
03-28-2006, 08:50 PM
I certainly hope the Dollphin players are this ****y and stupid. It will make for an easy opening week.

83-Steelers-43
03-28-2006, 08:53 PM
As I said about the Bungal fans, the Colt fans, the Bronco fans and the Seabirdie fans this past season.......let them talk. All that matters is what happens after four quarters of football. Talk is cheap.

Hawk Believer
03-28-2006, 09:17 PM
How many pages willl this thread be by September?

Avoid Lloyd
03-28-2006, 09:33 PM
It's cool brother. Laugh. I remember when the Donkeys and their fans were laughing last year. And what happened? We destroyed and EMBARRASSED the Donkeys.

This must have been BEFORE you missed the playoffs...

Seriously, it's March. Simmer down for a few months then come back.

3 to be 4
03-28-2006, 09:40 PM
the Dolphins. I love raggin on them and their fans. they havent won a thing in 33 years yet they act like they are the flagship franchise of the NFL or something. the Patriots have been in 5 frickin Super Bowls since the Dolphins last been in one. They are right up there with the Raiders for living off a generation ago. Maybe Larry Csonka will pound the ball on the Steelers defense.

tony hipchest
03-28-2006, 09:51 PM
brings back memories of the last dolphins vs steelers game when all the talk and pre game hype was if ben could win his 1st nfl start as an unpolished rookie. while he didnt play great he didnt use the hurricaine in miami as an excuse to lose. 15 starts later he finally lost though. i bet hes wanting to show the dolphins hes an improved qb.

HburgXL06
03-28-2006, 10:03 PM

Gotta love that comment. It seems to me they think we are all idiots in the game of football and all hicks as well. I don't know where that idea came from since we are pretty much one of the most knowledgible (sp) fan bases around. It just goes to show that they must have nothin better to talk about over there except us.......hmm seems a lot of people have nothin better to do than talk about us, I mean we can't stop hearin from bengals fans and browns fans never shut up to begin wit, and now we add the dolphins to this list I guess. I think they should remember that before they trounce on Pittsburgh that it was Pittsburgh that gave them Dan Marino....despite him never gettin a ring he is one of the best QBs of all time and was born and raised in the Steel City. Oh well bring it on miami.

BuFu

Tankus_Maximus
03-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Tryin to get excited about playing the 'fins is like trying to get excited about kissing your sister. C'mon now, the Steelers can't possibly be worried about a team that has a "teal" uniform! How's Culpepper gonna be able to scramble around in the backfield while holding the ball and his rehabilitation walker with Taz chasing him down? It'll be easier than shooting fish in a barrel! ...pun intended!

FINAL SCORE: Steelers 21 Fishfood 3

HburgXL06
03-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Tryin to get excited about playing the 'fins is like trying to get excited about kissing your sister. C'mon now, the Steelers can't possibly be worried about a team that has a "teal" uniform! How's Culpepper gonna be able to scramble around in the backfield while holding the ball and his rehabilitation walker with Taz chasing him down? It'll be easier than shooting fish in a barrel! ...pun intended!

FINAL SCORE: Steelers 21 Fishfood 3

I don't think Culpepper has to worry bout Troy as much as he does about Porter and Townsend.....run man run because when the Steel Curtain you got nowhere else to go.

BuFu

SCall13
03-29-2006, 05:48 AM
This must have been BEFORE you missed the playoffs...

Seriously, it's March. Simmer down for a few months then come back.

Came here to say good luck. (went to a few Steelers fan sites to say good luck). All the sites I went on had the Steelers proclaiming an easy victory over the Dolphins to start their season. Kind of got me fired up. IMO, even without any other additions to the Dolphins, we already match up well with the Steelers. I'm not going to list all the reasons I think so, because I'm in a hurry. You guys who truly KNOW football will know this. That's why I say it will be a good, close game -whoever wins it. I'm looking forward to a great game and a great season. See you guys soon............

clevestinks
03-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Its March, we are defending Super Bowl Champs, their smack means nothing, just al hype by them. fins fans you suck

SCall13
03-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Its March, we are defending Super Bowl Champs, their smack means nothing, just al hype by them. fins fans you suck

Yeah, you're Super Bowl Champs and I was pulling for you guys. But the Super Bowl win was hardly impressive. And that Super Bowl win doesn't give you any freebies for the 2006 season. BEING a Super Bowl Champion isn't going to beat the Dolphins. Only outplaying them will. We'll see what happens.

Suitanim
03-29-2006, 04:52 PM
The Dolphins were also shut out 22-0 by the Browns, and a few weeks later, the Browns were destroyed 41-0 by the Steelers.

At this point, it's 63-0 Steelers.

SCall13
03-29-2006, 06:07 PM
9-7 and no playoffs is also....hardly impressive......:coffee:

9-7 is a pretty impressive turn around after a 4-12 disaster with Dave Wannstedt at the helm. The turn around will continue this coming season.

SCall13
03-29-2006, 06:09 PM
correct me if i'm wrong here...but we also destroyed and embarressed the donkeys last year...oh wait....that was this year... IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!! WHERE WERE THE PHINS?????

As I was saying: The Super Bowl is in the past. Last year, for Pitt and Miami, is over. Last years accomplishments don't win or lose anything for us in the 2006 season.

SCall13
03-29-2006, 06:11 PM
The Dolphins were also shut out 22-0 by the Browns, and a few weeks later, the Browns were destroyed 41-0 by the Steelers.

At this point, it's 63-0 Steelers.

??:rolleyes: So the score last year against a neutral team has something to do with what happens next season? Makes sense to me.

At this point, it's 0-0. Re-do the math.

Suitanim
03-29-2006, 06:48 PM
??:rolleyes: So the score last year against a neutral team has something to do with what happens next season? Makes sense to me.

At this point, it's 0-0. Re-do the math.

Make up your mind. Last year counts when it works for you, but doesn't when it works for us?

HburgXL06
03-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Cowher knows that come opening day it all starts again at zero. We have a team that has great maturity in a short time and is humble at the same time that it is awesome. I haven't heard of the dolphins doin anythin impressive in a while. That doesn't mean that they won't be good next year but to come accuse and front on us sayin how you will destroy us and tell us all about what you did last year and at the same time not allowin us to talk about what we did last year and can continue to do next year is hardly fair. You guys can have finnheaven, we have Steelers Nation.

BuFu

SCall13
03-30-2006, 05:47 AM
well then why were you thumping your chest over last years donkey game????

Originally Posted by SCall13
It's cool brother. Laugh. I remember when the Donkeys and their fans were laughing last year. And what happened? We destroyed and EMBARRASSED the Donkeys. I love it when over-confidence is involved. Makes is easier to give out an @$$ whoopin'. I guess we'll see. COme visit us ANY time and Finheaven.com

I wasn't thumping my chest. I was using that game as an EXAMPLE of a team who was strongly favored and they, along with their fans, took Miami lightly and paid for it. I didn't say it had anything to do with the coming season - only that no team should be taken lightly and no game should be taken for granted.

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Once again............

Opening Day. At Heinz Field. A team wanting to repeat. Bill Cowher at the helm (normally does not let his team take any NFL team lightly).

As for the fans taking a team lightly. Personally, I don't see the big deal. They are not playing the game. It won't effect the game one way or another.

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Miami Dolphins = Chickens of the Sea! Bring it on! The Steelers aren't afraid of anyone, and neither are their fans.

SteelCityMan786
03-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Fishfood like talking smack early. Fish fry anybody? HEY FISHFOOD. How Long has it been since the fishfood win a world championship? Enough Said.

clevestinks
03-31-2006, 06:35 AM
I wasn't thumping my chest. I was using that game as an EXAMPLE of a team who was strongly favored and they, along with their fans, took Miami lightly and paid for it. I didn't say it had anything to do with the coming season - only that no team should be taken lightly and no game should be taken for granted.
No team or game is taken lightly here. The worst teams have nothing to lose and play the hardest at times. Good news for Miami is they were horrible, and got better, good news for Pittsburgh is we won the Super Bowl, and now we are getting better! Its way to early for prediction, BUT if I were to make a prediction, and I won`t, it would be:

Steelers 27, Miami 3. Its not a prediction though, I think we will see that Culpepper is over rated, no moss, no game

SCall13
03-31-2006, 01:05 PM
No team or game is taken lightly here. The worst teams have nothing to lose and play the hardest at times. Good news for Miami is they were horrible, and got better, good news for Pittsburgh is we won the Super Bowl, and now we are getting better! Its way to early for prediction, BUT if I were to make a prediction, and I won`t, it would be:

Steelers 27, Miami 3. Its not a prediction though, I think we will see that Culpepper is over rated, no moss, no game

Pffft. Surely you're smarter than that. 27-3?

Congrats on you guys Super Bowl. We'll see you soon.

And oh by the way, had Carson Palmer not been injured, you guys would have been stomped by Cinci. Doesn't hurt to be lucky sometimes, huh?

83-Steelers-43
03-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Wow, somebody that can predict events. That's amazing.

Sad the best thing that ever happened to that organization was a kid from Pittsburgh. Win six and then talk.

*yawns*