PDA

View Full Version : Bill and Tom simply beat the Steelers- should not be overlooked

tony hipchest
11-21-2010, 12:05 AM
i have watched panic set in steelernation this week. the sky is falling, the steelers are suddenly grossly flawed, and many think the playoffs are a distant dream.

nothing has changed from when we were the media darlings and atop the power rankings 2-3 weeks ago.

even the beatdown the pats gave us is the "same ol shit, different day".

belichick did what he always does. find a teams weaknes, or most vulnerable point in experience, and exploit it.

he did it to william gay. he did it to anthony smith. he even did it to troy polamalu in '04.

if you listen to frustrated steelerfans, these players completely suck and were the downfall.

fans of a team that refuses to adapt and forulate an unorthadox gameplan based around the specific weaknesses of each and every opponent would think as much.

what belichick did to the steelers he is doing to the league. the greatest thing about belichick (other than being the most adept at stealing signals, and raping other teams in trades) is being ahead of the curve in X's and O's and influencing how teams and the entire league adapts.

the weaknes point of the league is that so many teams have scrambled to find 3 cb's to cover the 3 wr sets that are in vogue (the teams set up to stop the power run game are still behind the curve).

teams are building to stop brady-welker-moss-stallworth-gafney

or manning-harrison-wayne- stokely- clark

in the meantime, bill is exploiting teams adjustments by dumping watson and moss, and drafting 2 early pick TE's.

steelerfans still scoff at the drafting of spaeth cause they had miller. the patriots dumped their miller and drafted 2 spaeths( who are now a central point of their offense).

as sal palantonio said on thursday, belichick has realized that the TE is the "queen on the chess board" of todays nfl.

this was proven last sunday. time to learn our lessons and move on and realize we still got a pretty damn good team.

if we meet the patriots again, we will see how good.

SteelerEmpire
11-21-2010, 12:18 AM
The Jets got SHUT OUT. The Steelers got blown out by the Pats. The Pats got blown out by the CLEVELAND CLOWNS. The Raiders got beat SEVERAL TIMES by bad teams.... Any given Sunday Baby.... any given Sunday...!!
It all boils down to who prepares the most for each game. The Steelers, Pats and Jets have been guilty of this...!! Going into games obviously not fully prepared...!!

MACH1
11-21-2010, 01:19 AM
We shall see.

This team needs to be able to make in-game adjustments or it'll be the same old chit.

mesaSteeler
11-21-2010, 08:45 AM
this was proven last sunday. time to learn our lessons and move on and realize we still got a pretty damn good team.

I don't think Airhead Arians is capable of learning anything especially during a game. Also we had a good team. Our defense, due to injuries, is not what it was at the beginning of the season with Arron out and Troy injured. I've seen this movie before and I didn't much care for it then.

TRH
11-21-2010, 08:56 AM
the thing i'm tired of hearing is "Brady and Belichick own the Steelers, blah, blah, blah.."
I could care less what they did 3 years ago or in the past. In fact, we killed the Pats the last time we played them when Cassell was in at QB 2 years ago.
We still should have beat them last Sunday.

Kanata-Steeler
11-21-2010, 03:18 PM
They DID own us last week. We looked horrible to say the least. -just check out the Game thread and you'll know.
We HAVE TO BEAT TEAMS LIKE THIS OR WE WON"T get to PLAYOFFS !
that's it, and that's all.

lionslicer
11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
They DID own us last week. We looked horrible to say the least. -just check out the Game thread and you'll know.
We HAVE TO BEAT TEAMS LIKE THIS OR WE WON"T get to PLAYOFFS !
that's it, and that's all.

Steelers can still get to the playoffs, they just wont win in the playoffs.
But to be fair, Patriots are already dominating the Colts, I think this is just their year.. That Browns loss like flicked on the pissed off button in their heads.

Kanata-Steeler
11-21-2010, 04:01 PM
wow, it's ok to respect an enemy like Brady, hateing is free, but lets back it up Steelers' ? - BRADY IS real GOOD,
Brady doesn't pass in 2 or 3 steps, he passes in microseconds, whereas, Ben pass's in seconds :(
and the Steelers looked like a 2nd-rate team against NE.
maybe we will continue this ?, I sure don't want to, but right now, NE is ass-whiiping the Colts almost as bad as they ass-whooped us?
So, I dunno, but I have to agree, unfortunately, with L-Slicer on this one.-like we won't do it this year until we know we can beat "REAL" teams like this.
-anything else,?, well it's just statictical "fanfare" -and ya, pun is intended.

Tone's Toes
11-22-2010, 02:54 AM
Just a bad match-up thing with the Patriots. The Patriots can't do what they did to us to every team and not every team can do to us what the Patriots did. It's just that one match-up.

Every team has a team that they just can't solve. We have the Patriots. The Ravens have the Colts. The Giants can't beat the Eagles lately.