PDA

View Full Version : Raiders at Steelers Your Thoughts?

steelerdave1969
11-21-2010, 07:37 AM
I think this game should show that the Steelers are back. The defense must step up and make the Raiders pass the ball cuz they are alot better running team than passing. I think if I remember correctly the Steelers just pounded Campbell the last time we played the Redskins and he was off to a good start that year and after that game he was never the same.
The Steelers gave up quiet a bit of Rushing Yards to the Patriots last sunday night, but they also have a QB named Brady that keeps most all defenses off ballance, so I dont see the Raiders doing the same even tho they are a better running team.

Steelers 24
Raiders 9

DoctorCAD
11-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Why ANY team would even try to run on Pittsburgh when our (lack of) pass defense is so awful is the real question.

Campbell or Gradkowski will have Joe Montana type numbers today. Mcfadden and Bush will sit on the bench. No reason to even play them.

btaylor179
11-21-2010, 08:17 AM
exactly.....no pass rush no steelers win

steelerdave1969
11-21-2010, 09:12 AM
I have to agree Taylor . . The Steelers Must Get Pressure on Campbell. The Steelers Must Win This Game . . . PERIOD

Stu Pidasso
11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
My thoughts?

Where the HELL was this team last week?

OX1947
11-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Thoughts? NFL product continues to become more and more pathetic by the weak. I hope there is a lockout and the Players stand pat. Roger Goodell is THE WORST commissioner in the history of sports. No, I am not exaggerating, THE WORST.

And with that, I will NEVER buy Directv, or the sunday package, never by NFL made products and never buy a NFL ticket. I will buy scalped ones for half the price. Until this piece of crap is out of the commissioners office, thats what I am doing......

theplatypus
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Thoughts? NFL product continues to become more and more pathetic by the weak. I hope there is a lockout and the Players stand pat. Roger Goodell is THE WORST commissioner in the history of sports. No, I am not exaggerating, THE WORST.

And with that, I will NEVER buy Directv, or the sunday package, never by NFL made products and never buy a NFL ticket. I will buy scalped ones for half the price. Until this piece of crap is out of the commissioners office, thats what I am doing......

Unfortunately the only way things will change is if everyone stops watching and buying

OX1947
11-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Unfortunately the only way things will change is if everyone stops watching and buying

Oh, don't worry. I will watch all the games on the internet. I live in San Diego, and there are PLENTY of non sanctioned apparel that looks real near the border.

lionslicer
11-21-2010, 03:50 PM
My thoughts?

Where the HELL was this team last week?

Patriots are better than people who hate them give them credit for.

Plus it's the Raiders. I say this isn't a time to say this team is good, still a long way to go. They still have to beat the Bills then on to Baltimore. 2 crucial games at this pointin the season.

Kanata-Steeler
11-21-2010, 04:16 PM
This was a completely un-important game in the really BIG-nfl picture.
In other words, if we can't beat teams like the Pats (aka last week) we AIN"T going anywhere-superbowl right ?
I'm sry, but I had to say it.

madtowndrunkard
11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
I'll say it was the most complete game we've played all season.

I still think the play calling was bad. The stupid trick plays that luckily didn't result in a turnover...passing the ball late in the game when we should have been running it down their throats and chewing clock. It was clear we owned the LOS....we should have been running the ball down their throat late in that game.

Ben throwing passes with less then 3 minutes left of a blow out? What would we be saying if Ben gets his leg snapped at the end? Why risk injury for nothing?

Yea it was our best game of the year....but IMO the play calling is still suspect and will likely be the reason our season ends .

welder4pit
11-21-2010, 04:38 PM

And with that, I will NEVER buy Directv, or the sunday package, never by NFL made products and never buy a NFL ticket. I will buy scalped ones for half the price. Until this piece of crap is out of the commissioners office, thats what I am doing...... Can we PLEASE IMPEACH goodell .He is ruining our game. His chicken sh__ nfl is starting to suck. He needs to go run a girls soccer team over in europe or great britain . :banging:

TRH
11-21-2010, 04:51 PM
see next...

TRH
11-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Aside from the shameful and pathetic pig slop they called officiating??
2 major things stood out today for me, blatantly obvious:

1. the passion was back. At least this week. They looked fired up and like they wanted to win. They looked like the Pats did last week.
2. And LeBeau's defense. He had them moving around like crazy and aggressively blitzing. BIG hats off to LeBeau this week for obviously making big-time adjustments and not staying the course.

TRH
11-21-2010, 04:56 PM
oh and one other thing....

Wow, is Wallace stepping up as one of the best receivers in the NFL or what??? This kid is impressive and has BIG heart. He drops a pass and comes right back to prove points and makes big plays.

Third Rail
11-21-2010, 05:42 PM
My thoughts...

Okay, I was down on our boys after last weeks loss and I was worried about the future, but they went out today and proved not only that they are still one of the best teams in the NFL, but also a team that can pull out a dominant... and I mean REALLY dominant win in the face of HUGE adversity. First off, a number of our best players are injured or are playing hurt. Then, you have the absolute WORST officiating in NFL history, which was nice enough to take away a TD, and award so many penalties on Pittsburgh that it not only wiped out a run by Mendy that would have put us at the Raider's 1-yard line, but kept backing us up so far that it knocked us out of field goal range.

Now, I'm not usually one to gripe over questionable penalties because they happen in every game and I don't like to buy into conspiracy theories. That kind of shit is usually reserved for Ravens fans. But they award the Raiturds something like 160 penalty yards this game. The Steelers had better be glad that Jason Campbell can't pass and Bryant McFadden couldn't run, because these douchebag refs were BLATANTLY trying to hand the Raiturds the game.

But nevertheless, our boys gave the officiating crew a big FU and carved up Jokeland anyway. The score SHOULD be 42-3, but no big deal. We got the win... and a BIG win... and that's what counts. Big Ben looked fantastic out there, Mike Wallace had the best catch-and-run TD I've seen since we had Holmes on the team, and Troy made a return to the ballhawk badass that we all knew he could be again. Now they just need to make sure they don't get overconfident and think that any future games will be easy. They did a lot of great things, but they weren't perfect, and against a better team those things could come back to haunt them. And they need to be sharp... Buffalo hung 49 points on the Bungles today... they might have a bad record but they are clearly getting better, and we can't take them for granted.

However, we didn't take the Raiturds for granted, and it paid off. So I'm looking forward to next week.

WAVE THE TERRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE TOWEL!!!!!!!

Quasar
11-21-2010, 06:56 PM
This was a completely un-important game in the really BIG-nfl picture.
In other words, if we can't beat teams like the Pats (aka last week) we AIN"T going anywhere-superbowl right ?
I'm sry, but I had to say it.

That's what I thought in 2008 after the Titans pounded us, in our worst-played game that year. The Titans wound up with the #1 seed, but Steelers won the Super Bowl.

It's too early to give up hope!

Back on topic, this win was sweet, considering I live in California.

ZoneBlitzer
11-21-2010, 07:39 PM
I'll say it was the most complete game we've played all season.

I still think the play calling was bad. The stupid trick plays that luckily didn't result in a turnover...passing the ball late in the game when we should have been running it down their throats and chewing clock. It was clear we owned the LOS....we should have been running the ball down their throat late in that game.

Ben throwing passes with less then 3 minutes left of a blow out? What would we be saying if Ben gets his leg snapped at the end? Why risk injury for nothing?

Yea it was our best game of the year....but IMO the play calling is still suspect and will likely be the reason our season ends .

I can see Ben throwing the ball at the end. I thought the game was rather incomplete actually.

There were times in that game where the play was anything but complimentary. The defense was stifling the Raiders and giving the offense prime real estate.

The offense would then turn around and squander great field position on several occasions.

The point is that the offense and defense aren't playing complimentary football. This speaks to a team that is still very much a work in progress.

When your D gets you great field position, you go for the throat and punish the opposition. The Steelers offense didn't do this. Instead they punted from midfield far too much for my liking.

Yes, they got 35 points in the end, but truth be told, it should have been 40 to 50 points at least and the points should have come sooner.

Going forward, I'd like to see the Steelers offense play better situational football.

Right now, they are consistently managing key situations poorly. Luckily for them, they have a defense that bailed them out today by giving them countless opportunities to overcome their short-comings. The reason that Ben was throwing at the end of the game was to try to help the offense get over the hump of being able to really put the dagger in. It was more psychological than anything else as the on the offensive side of the ball, the team lacked a real killer instinct and failed deliver in proper situational football.

TRH
11-21-2010, 08:06 PM
One huge advantage we had is that after the 1st few plays of the game, we had Campbell nervous, looking over his shoulder, and he just looked downright scared. Someone that rattled can't make anything happen and it showed big time.
A better, more mature quarterback may have kept his team in the game.

cubanstogie
11-21-2010, 09:18 PM
I am usually sticking up for BA but was cursing him early in game. Why are we relying on trick plays to beat the Raiders. I was begging for the run and some play action. There were some strange calls early. The Raiders were never really competitive so I wasn't really worried, a little confused though.

SH-Rock
11-21-2010, 09:22 PM
That game really should have been 50+ to 3
There was the BS call on Harrison that's 42 points
Then there was some calls on the OLine that were pure nuts, and ironically only occurred when Mendy had a big run. That was 2-3 times and all the times would've put the Steelers within 30 yards.