PDA

View Full Version : Oh No!!!!!!!!!!! Kicker

SteelKnight
11-21-2010, 11:14 AM
They just said the Steelers new kicker was struggling in pregame sending kicks way off the mark.

I was looking at him and he sucks. Once the kick gets over 30 yards, he is terrible...and over 40 (40-49) he misses about a quarter.

I just added him to my fantasy team when I found out today Reed was gone (I've been busy). I am about to drop him now.

thumper
11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
That's just frickin fantastic. Ugg

SteelKnight
11-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I know Reed messed up in Atlanta but last week, he DID slip.

I know he had some off field issues, a high contract and an attitude...but STILL...the Steelers should have kept him for the rest of the season. He was money on kicks 46 yards and less.

SteelKnight
11-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I just looked and in the 2007, 2008 and 2009 seasons, Reed had 82 kicks 49 yards or less. He only missed 6. (76/82)

This has been a bad year for him. So far he has missed 5 kicks 49 yards or less.

TRH
11-21-2010, 02:20 PM
his kick-offs wer certainly much better so far then Reed's....

ZoneBlitzer
11-21-2010, 04:11 PM

Well more height but not as deep.

TRH
11-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Well more height but not as deep.

the last 2 went to the 10 and to the end-zone. Much better than Reeds..

lionslicer
11-21-2010, 06:26 PM
He takes a really big wind up before his kicks on extra points, so I assume he'll do the same on field goals. He has a really big chance of getting blocked, plus he's taking a big wind up just to kick it the same distance as Reed did with a very short wind up.
Just an observation, I haven't seen a steeler field goal blocked in years, probably before Ben got there.

steelcity1974
11-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Seemed to have a case of the fades on the extra points...good thing he wasnt kicking FGs. No upside to releasing Reed for this guy.

madtowndrunkard
11-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Seemed to have a case of the fades on the extra points...good thing he wasnt kicking FGs. No upside to releasing Reed for this guy.

Yea, I noticed that as well. He was slicing it pretty bad. I hope that's not what we'll see when he's kicking a FG because he'll be missing 30 yarders with that much push to the right.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-21-2010, 06:48 PM
They just said the Steelers new kicker was struggling in pregame sending kicks way off the mark.

I was looking at him and he sucks. Once the kick gets over 30 yards, he is terrible...and over 40 (40-49) he misses about a quarter.

I just added him to my fantasy team when I found out today Reed was gone (I've been busy). I am about to drop him now.

I don't who in the world you were talking to, but I was there and Suisham didn't miss a single kick in pregame. You're right, Suisham has a career percentage on field goals from 40-49 of 76%. But Reed is 66% in that same statistic.

SteelKnight
11-22-2010, 07:15 AM

I hate to break it to you but when he was playing a few years ago he was 26th in Kick off depth...so I don't think that's his specialty either. I saw some fan (maybe Redskins) complaining about that...lol.

SteelKnight
11-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Yea, I noticed that as well. He was slicing it pretty bad. I hope that's not what we'll see when he's kicking a FG because he'll be missing 30 yarders with that much push to the right.

It is...lol I reviewed this guy. He sucks...plain and simple. I don't know what the Steelers saw in him. They should have more try outs. I really don't care right now or even if he costs us a game but when it comes playoff time, if we loose because of him, I'll be mad.

What really bothered me is he is not even good in the 30s. With Reed, you know if it was 30 something he was going to make it (unless of course he slipped).

SteelKnight
11-22-2010, 07:24 AM
I don't who in the world you were talking to, but I was there and Suisham didn't miss a single kick in pregame. You're right, Suisham has a career percentage on field goals from 40-49 of 76%. But Reed is 66% in that same statistic.

They showed a guy on NFL network. I believe him. maybe it was when you went to get food or something. lol. He said "way off the mark". And he said "kicks" not one kick. He looked concerned.

I posted you Reeds record of missing only 6 kicks out of 82 from 49 yards or less from '07 to '09. I've already siad he has missed 5 this year in that range. You are including this year and '03 where he had a bad year and missed 5. After that he was missing about 3 per year (40-49) until 07 when he got better. With those stats, it is hard to tell which are kicks 45 and under wich you expect a kicker to make and those 48 or 49 which doesn't shock you if they miss.

Lord of Lombardi
11-22-2010, 01:47 PM
go to the game, see for yourself, review the stats. Average starting field position was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. I was sitting near the Heinz scoreboard and saw his kicks go high and deep. If he hits the 10 yard line and it was a high kick, I'll take it. I'll take higher, shorter kicks if that is the results that we enjoy. This new kicker is here for half the season then we'll review going forward. Reed was a high paid problem and his time here ran too thin for him to remain with the team. And maybe Sushim will realize that he is with a team that won the Lombardi twice over the past 5 years. Washington is... well....not Pittsburgh!

rbryan
11-22-2010, 01:57 PM
At least everyones safe to venture into a Sheetz for a MTO without being attacked, not to mention the odds of the paper towel dispenser being intact just increased threefold.