PDA

View Full Version : Eric Moulds...

DIESELMAN
03-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal, reports Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds' advisor, Gerg Johnson, said the Philadelphia Eagles and the Houston Texans are moving faster than the New England Patriots to try to land Moulds. Johnson said, "It's not going to work out [with New England]. The timing's not right. The only way it would get done now is if it falls apart with these other teams, and I don't see that happening." He believes everything will be settled in the next 48 hours.

Livinginthe past
03-28-2006, 01:06 PM
It will be interesting to see what the Eagles/ Texans are willing to pony up for Moulds.

Alot of rumors suggest that the Pats would part with a 4th rounder for his services, but the Bills are holding out for a 3rd rounder.

My only feeling is that if two teams make similar offers, the team not named the Patriots will be the one doing business with the Bills.

NM

tony hipchest
03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
but didnt the pats give up a 2nd rounder for corey dillon and then a year later no one would even give a 2nd rounder for e. james or s. alexander (who went on to lead the league in yards and td's.)? i wouldnt be suprised to see the pats up the ante for moulds.

3 to be 4
03-28-2006, 06:15 PM
agents will say stuff like that as part of the public bargaining so who knows. same stuff was said how the Bledsoe trade with Buffalo wasnt going to work out.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I doubt the Bills are gonna give up Moulds to the Patriots without somehow raping them in the process.You don't give a player of that caliber to a team in your division,especially a team that has dominated the division the past few years like the Pats have.

Livinginthe past
03-28-2006, 10:25 PM
but didnt the pats give up a 2nd rounder for corey dillon and then a year later no one would even give a 2nd rounder for e. james or s. alexander (who went on to lead the league in yards and td's.)? i wouldnt be suprised to see the pats up the ante for moulds.

Yeah they did - but he was still relatively young.

I think it was still a good value trade - Dillons first year was phenomonal - unfortunately injury played a huge part last year.

I think Mould has maybe one more good season in him, 2 at the most.

We dont need to two Troy Browns on the team, especially if he is going to cause us Salary Cap problems.

NM

tony hipchest
03-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah they did - but he was still relatively young.

I think it was still a good value trade - Dillons first year was phenomonal - unfortunately injury played a huge part last year.

I think Mould has maybe one more good season in him, 2 at the most.

We dont need to two Troy Browns on the team, especially if he is going to cause us Salary Cap problems.

NM good luck without him. maybe you can have 2 bethel johnsons on the team instead. salary cap problems? God forbid they actually pay someone what theyre worth.

Livinginthe past
03-29-2006, 01:25 PM
good luck without him. maybe you can have 2 bethel johnsons on the team instead. salary cap problems? God forbid they actually pay someone what theyre worth.

They seem to have done sticking to this policy over the last 5 years.

They still have the best QB in the game.

They have two Elite ILB's in Vrabel and Bruschi.

They have the best 3-4 DE in the game.

With Dillon fully recovered I think he will be good for 1200-1400 yard this year - unless he has to spilt time with a high round draft pick.

Worth is such a subjective term Tony - its what the Pats front office think that counts.

NM

tony hipchest
03-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Worth is such a subjective term Tony - its what the Pats front office think that counts.

NM

of course. how could i be so mistaken. forgive me for thinking any other team or their fans could have an opinion that actually "counts".

how nice to be a patfan where all opinions are fact by proxy.

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 09:43 AM
of course. how could i be so mistaken. forgive me for thinking any other team or their fans could have an opinion that actually "counts".

how nice to be a patfan where all opinions are fact by proxy.

Apology accepted Tony.

And yes, it is nice.

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Updated story on Moulds

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2390132

tony hipchest
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
if any team needs him its the eagles. 4 million a year will be a bargain for 2 years when all is said and done. i dont think moulds wants d. carr as his qb. by asking for a trade i dont know what leverage he has to decide who he wants to play for other than pulling a t.o.

83-Steelers-43
03-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Looks like the Texans are going to pick him up...........

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2391714

Suitanim
03-31-2006, 04:51 PM
At this point it's pretty clear Moulds could care less about that whole pesky W-L thing...he just wants a phat payday.

tony hipchest
03-31-2006, 05:51 PM
At this point it's pretty clear Moulds could care less about that whole pesky W-L thing...he just wants a phat payday.the article quotes a houston offer of 4 years/ 14 mil. with 5 guaranteed. i think the bills wouldve given him more in a restructured deal. thats on par with what keyshawn got, and well below what givens, bruce, and el got. even with his age (hes no dinosaur by any means), he brings more to the table than any of these guys exept maybe el and his passing and returns. (not to say el is worth what he got)

Suitanim
03-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Exactly...The Bills may actually be in a worse position to win games next year than Houston. The only team that showed any interest that may be able to win was that Eagles, and that didn't happen.

My point? There are a bunch of teams, the Steelers included, that are contenders for the title next year, and Moulds wasn't interested.

And he's 32 and a 10 year vet. Odds are he's only got a couple productive years in him.

Ambridge
03-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Moulds going from Buffalo to Houston??

Both teams uni's are almost exactly the same..........just give him a Texans helmet and he'll be set.

tony hipchest
03-31-2006, 07:00 PM
My point? There are a bunch of teams, the Steelers included, that are contenders for the title next year, and Moulds wasn't interested.
the steelers werent interrested and it looks like the eagles or pats werent too interrested in giving up the pick. this is a trade, not free agency deal with him. its kind of like a deal with t.o. leaving frisco. IF the steelers had kept el for 3-4 million a year i would say it wouldve been better to give up a 3rd round pick and take moulds on a 3-4 year contract.

Suitanim
03-31-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't think we are firing on all cylinders communication-wise.

Trade or FA or whatever, I'm only interested in players who want to win. If they are worried about their salary, or whether black and gold matches their haircut, or any other bullshit that doesn't concern laying it on the line to win, then what wouold be the point of picking that player up?

tony hipchest
03-31-2006, 07:27 PM
I don't think we are firing on all cylinders communication-wise.

Trade or FA or whatever, I'm only interested in players who want to win. If they are worried about their salary, or whether black and gold matches their haircut, or any other bullshit that doesn't concern laying it on the line to win, then what wouold be the point of picking that player up? i see what youre saying but we dont know that moulds didnt want to play for the eagles, pats, broncos, steelers, etc. from moulds career, i always saw a competitor and someone who wanted to win. just cause the texans have the highest pick in the 4th round and offer it up in a trade doesnt mean im gonna paint moulds out to be a money hungry t.o. type.

does moulds have the talent of holt, t.o. or harrison. no but i think he will be more productive than a troy edwards type flop in the first round regardless of his age, and with current rosters he would be an upgrade to the 4 potential winning teams listed above. i dont think he has any leverage to reject a trade to the texans and say he would prefer to play for the eagles for less money. his main concern right now is getting out of buffalo and the bills main concern is getting the highest draft pick in compensation. the winning teams seem to not like to set the market but to see if they can beat it, especially when they are competing for the same player.

Suitanim
03-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Now. That wasn't always the case.

I'm hypersensitive to players who want the big payday, and damn the consequences.

Anyway, he's not gonna be a Steeler, so it's kind of a moot point anyway...

tony hipchest
03-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Now. That wasn't always the case.

I'm hypersensitive to players who want the big payday, and damn the consequences.

Anyway, he's not gonna be a Steeler, so it's kind of a moot point anyway... i thought he was a super-longshot (steelers have shown they would go more in the lower profile direction like terence mathis who i also thought was a good move at the time). im more interrested why the pats, or better yet philly wasnt willing to ante up. rookie receivers usually take 3 years to fully develop. some teams dont have that long to wait. theres talks that maybe the eagles are interrested in j. walker but why change one problem for another? i dont think they will go this route. the patfans have seen moulds long enough, and with their 20 mil in cap space its amazing they didnt try much.

DIESELMAN
04-01-2006, 12:30 PM
The Pats have got to save some of that cap room to redo Seymour's contract later this year...

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New England Patriots may want to sign DE Richard Seymour to a new contract, but they will have to wait until August to do so. Under terms of the collective bargaining agreement, a player's contract cannot be renegotiated twice within one calendar year. Last August, Seymour redid his contract, earning himself more of the money he wanted. But by doing that, he delayed another longer, bigger deal until this August, at the very earliest. That might be one reason the Patriots are holding on to a good deal of salary cap space knowing that a good deal of it could be devoted to Seymour.

83-Steelers-43
04-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Well, he's officially a Texan.........

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2396697