PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thoughts and Game Ball

SteelCityMom
11-21-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't even know who to give the game ball to today...so many people played so well. I'll give it to Arians and the entire offense though. They did a heck of a job despite injuries and penalties galore.

theplatypus
11-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Arians called a good game
The D played well
special teams were good
the refs, not so good
The sky's the limit when we put it all together

GMU Steeler
11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
I am happy. Was frustrated last week but I think especially considering penalties galore the team bounced back in a wonderful way. Great team effort really.

SH-Rock
11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Game ball for Oakland are the whole Ref crew

fer522
11-21-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't even know who to give the game ball to today...so many people played so well. I'll give it to Arians and the entire offense though. They did a heck of a job despite injuries and penalties galore

i dont wanna say this....... but i agree with you on this

GMU Steeler
11-21-2010, 04:28 PM
You do have to give Arians some credit. I know he's hated here and understandably so but we were getting TDs in the Red Zone instead of settling for FGs. D did a nice job too after a rough first drive. We made Darren McFadden a complete non-factor.

SH-Rock
11-21-2010, 04:28 PM
I really think Harrison should get the game ball

after getting pushed around by the refs, he definitely deserves this

tony hipchest
11-21-2010, 04:33 PM
for the 1st time in a long time i think everybody deserves a gameball. the coaching staff kept the players heads in it despite a dozen bogus flags.

arians and lebeau rebounded with their gameplan and play calling. the players executed beautifully. special teams were great.

i guess james harrison gets the ball.

he looked like an unstopable leader out there. he was disruptive, made splash plays, and didt get frustrated with the BS calls.

plus he was gentelmanly with the qb whose ass he was kicking.

ZoneBlitzer
11-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Overall a good bounce back for the defense.

Offense is still poor and a work in progress Had this been against a team with a more than capable offense, this could have been a tight game. Case in point is that they squandered several outstanding positions on the field in Oakland territory. Generally, there's a lack of killer instinct with this offense. Given their possessions, they should have put up at least 40+ points, maybe a 50 burger.

I will credit Arians for at least trying to throw more on first down though. Also, they need to start games off with long drives and get points. Going three and out game in and game out is unacceptable.

Goodell's hand-chosen officiating crew did their best to thwart the Rooney's and the Steelers but came up a bit short. For the sake of the integrity of the game, that officiating crew should never ever be allowed officiate a game again. They need to immediately lose their jobs. The worst and most one-sided officiating I have ever seen in my life and I am normally not one to go on about the officials....but this sets the standard for incompetence and bias.

Richard Seymour: Where is the media outrage on this? I see nothing on the NFL network or on the CBS halftime show. A defensive lineman tees off on a star QB and no outrage or commentary? If this is Harrison, it is front page news everywhere.
Given the NFL's disciplinary record, Seymour should get a fine of 250k and a 4 game suspension for a blatant attempt to injure a star QB. Could you imagine the outrage if this was Brady or Manning? Right now, we hear nothing because it was on Ben. Total double standard. They still got time to roll with this story but if they don't, I know that it is official. The NFL, and the national media are anti-Steeler.

And oh, game ball goes to Harrison for keeping a level head and overcoming the players and officials who did all they could to stop him.

tony hipchest
11-21-2010, 05:16 PM
great post ZoneBlitzer.

i agree on all points. couldnta said it better.

BritishSteel
11-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Everyone deserves some Kudos - beatdown a decent team with all kinds of official help - special kudos to LeBeau and the D though - they ran Oakland ragged today, made them pull their QB, and generally wrought havoc.

BIGWILL
11-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Shaun Suisham, he didnt miss an extra point.

plenewken
11-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Kudos to the maintenance crew. The field was in perfect condition. :chuckle:

austinfrench76
11-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Absolutely worst officiating ever. And on the Seymour thing thqe halftime crews of the 2nd games are agreeing with Tomljn, that its really no big deal what Seymour did???!! What the hell is Tomlin talking about. He said it basically "got away from everyone"???? Awful officiating and Goodell will screw us before its all said and done.

Atlanta Dan
11-21-2010, 06:15 PM

Offense is still poor and a work in progress Had this been against a team with a more than capable offense, this could have been a tight game. Case in point is that they squandered several outstanding positions on the field in Oakland territory. Generally, there's a lack of killer instinct with this offense. Given their possessions, they should have put up at least 40+ points, maybe a 50 burger.

I will credit Arians for at least trying to throw more on first down though. Also, they need to start games off with long drives and get points. Going three and out game in and game out is unacceptable.

Goodell's hand-chosen officiating crew did their best to thwart the Rooney's and the Steelers but came up a bit short. For the sake of the integrity of the game, that officiating crew should never ever be allowed officiate a game again. They need to immediately lose their jobs. The worst and most one-sided officiating I have ever seen in my life and I am normally not one to go on about the officials....but this sets the standard for incompetence and bias.

Richard Seymour: Where is the media outrage on this? I see nothing on the NFL network or on the CBS halftime show. A defensive lineman tees off on a star QB and no outrage or commentary? If this is Harrison, it is front page news everywhere.
Given the NFL's disciplinary record, Seymour should get a fine of 250k and a 4 game suspension for a blatant attempt to injure a star QB. Could you imagine the outrage if this was Brady or Manning? Right now, we hear nothing because it was on Ben. Total double standard. They still got time to roll with this story but if they don't, I know that it is official. The NFL, and the national media are anti-Steeler.

And oh, game ball goes to Harrison for keeping a level head and overcoming the players and officials who did all they could to stop him.

It already is being described as a "slap":mad:

Richard Seymour apologizes for slap

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5835336

I am really upset about what I saw today with regard to the penalties on Woodley, Clark & Harrison - something bad is going on

Completely agree with what you are saying

TRH
11-21-2010, 06:24 PM

The officials should wear paper bags over their face on the plane rides home and immediately be reprimanded tomorrow by the league.
That was not only bad and pathetic, it almost looked downright fixed. The Steelers should get another NFL apology this week for the so called "helmet-to-helmet" penalty that was not a helmet-to-helmet at all. Not even close. He hit him in the middle of the back.
You are right as well about Seymour. I can't even imagine if Harrison did that. There would be a public outcry, a suspension and i bet even people would call for the Steelers to release James. We'll how big of a fine and suspension Seymour gets this week.
It was so obvious...this puts the NFL front office in a difficult place...because they HAVE to dish out a hefty punishment.
I have heard some chatter on some football news programs about it so hopefully this story gains momentum.

zulater
11-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Post game thoughts. You're never as good as you appear after your best win, and never as bad as you look after your worst loss.\

The Steelers are still serious players in the AFC, but can't lack focus for any particuliar game no matter the opponent. Back this win up with a big effort and win in Buffalo, go into Batlitmore 8-3!

Game ball James Harrison!

pete74
11-21-2010, 07:19 PM
hands down Harrison. for all the Hood haters we had here recently, he tore it up as well but Harrison was the difference maker and mvp

GMU Steeler
11-21-2010, 07:22 PM
I guess if I had to give it to one guy it would be Jamse Harrison. A pair of sacks, a pick, and he forced a fumble too. A great game though all around for the team as I said earlier.

steelcity1974
11-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Arians dumb trick play and shotgun deep on 3rd and 4...no...he doesn't get my game ball. I give the game ball to Ben. He played smart, made good decisions on some quick passes and ran the ball some. Honorable mention to Farrior...he was the spark on D...and the rest of them followed suit. F&$% the refs and Goodell!

PhantomJB93
11-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Richar Seymour, that shot at Ben killed any hope they had at coming back and killed what little momentum they had.

Seriously though, too many people played well to give a single game ball.

Give it to whoever's idea it was to stop being loyal to ARE and let Sanders and Brown shine, I've been waiting for us to realize how much better our special teams and receiving corps would be when they're both in and Randle El isn't playing any role.

TRH
11-21-2010, 08:14 PM
if i had to give a game ball, it would be close....Ben, Troy, Wallace, Harrison all deserved one. But i'd probably give it to Farrior, as one game analyst said tonight. Great play and leadership by him out there today.