PDA

View Full Version : Steelers to downplay opening festivities....

BlackNGold203
03-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Don't expect the Steelers to make too much of a fuss about their long-awaited fifth Super Bowl title on Sept. 7, when Miami visits Pittsburgh in the NFL's Kickoff Weekend Thursday-night regular-season opener. Making a grand to-do of hanging a Super Bowl banner at Heinz Field -- akin to what the then-defending champion Patriots did the past two Thursday night openers at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro -- is not the Steelers' way of doing things. The venerable Rooney informed me of this on Monday, after the league announced its glamour Week 1 matchups.
"It's a big game, and it's a great way to open up, back on NBC, but no, we don't do the banner thing,'' Rooney said.

But aren't the Steelers going to do a little commemorating or self-congratulation in the pre-game?

"No, we don't do things like that,'' he said. "We gave them all rings, and we have a trophy for winning that game.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/03/27/meetings/1.html

Typical Rooney style and humility....

Midnightwriter1
03-28-2006, 09:38 AM
damn, i wanted another ticke tape parade lol lol

It is perfect Rooney style and humilty .. the Rooney's have any daughters aroudn the age of 25 or so ? i soooo want to be in that family !! ha

83-Steelers-43
03-28-2006, 09:49 AM
I was hoping they would make something big of this occasion. While I'm still looking forward to attending, it's kind of lame they are not going to celebrate this ring to the fullest on opening day. Oh well.

DIESELMAN
03-28-2006, 09:50 AM
CLASS ACT!!!!! They will definitely act like its not the first time they've won the SB.....:helmet:

melroseplace
03-28-2006, 10:59 AM
pretty much what I expected. the guys will be focused on starting this season off right, not dwelling on the past year (as great as it was..)

Ward86MVP
03-28-2006, 12:31 PM
I think they need to celebrate this with the fans at Heinz Field. There is nothing outlandish or unsportsmanlike about celebrating the distribution of the rings or the hanging of a championship banner. The Patriots won their titles and celebrated accordingly. Was anybody offended? The guys on the field earned that championship, and all of us fans, who pay lots of money each year to follow this team, earned the right to enjoy this to the fullest. It may be another 26 years before another title. Life is unpredictable.

I love the Rooney family's humility and sportsmanship, earned over the course of almost 75 years in football. However, they will not be questioned nor will they lose respect for celebrating a hard-earned, long awaited Super Bowl win in their own stadium.

83-Steelers-43
03-28-2006, 12:52 PM
and all of us fans, who pay lots of money each year to follow this team, earned the right to enjoy this to the fullest. It may be another 26 years before another title.

Right on.

Ambridge
03-28-2006, 12:57 PM
I think they need to celebrate this with the fans at Heinz Field. There is nothing outlandish or unsportsmanlike about celebrating the distribution of the rings or the hanging of a championship banner. The Patriots won their titles and celebrated accordingly. Was anybody offended? The guys on the field earned that championship, and all of us fans, who pay lots of money each year to follow this team, earned the right to enjoy this to the fullest. It may be another 26 years before another title. Life is unpredictable.

I love the Rooney family's humility and sportsmanship, earned over the course of almost 75 years in football. However, they will not be questioned nor will they lose respect for celebrating a hard-earned, long awaited Super Bowl win in their own stadium.

Very well said!!

I'm all for "The Rooney-Steeler Way" of how they conduct business but I don't think hoisting a championship flag or banner at Heinz Field would be arrogant or out of line.
I plan on being at the season/home opener game and like a couple of others who plan on being there as well have stated...part of that night was hoping to see some sort of celebration.

C'mon Mr. Rooney loosen up a little.

Suitanim
03-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Remember when we were discussing this awhile back? I think there will still be a nice, understated and classy celebration, they are just looking to avoid the gaint kitsch-fest that took place at Gillette last year with streamers and fireworks and U2 playing in the top of a tiny football helmets and whatnot.

Midnightwriter1
03-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Surely there will be something, as you said.. just nothing over the top

RoethlisBURGHer
03-28-2006, 05:25 PM
That's fine with me.There is only one proper way to celebrate the SB win,and that is to Squish the Fish.

Mr. Clean
03-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Dan Rooney is just not the type to do something like that. He won't.

shameless plug to follow - I see Mr. Rooney almost every weekday morning at Daily Mass. He does absolutely nothing to draw attention to himself, and nobody bothers him.

The Rooney family is the type to shy away from the spotlight and let the action on the field be the point of focus.

83-Steelers-43
03-28-2006, 05:33 PM
While I'm not expecting nor would I want U2 or any band that would involve setting up a stage in the middle of the field, I wouldn't mind some fireworks, a video on the jumbotron showing the highlights of this past season and then the ring ceremony. If they do that, I'll be content.

JAG151
03-28-2006, 09:36 PM
I too agree with the way the Rooneys conduct themselves, however...I agree with giving it up for the fans a little as well, we do spend alot, sometimes too much when it comes to me, money on merchindise. It would be cool to have Andrew W. K. come out and sing "We want fun" and really get the crowd pumped up for the game! Or even Donnie Iris, for us older folks, a native Burgh boy! I'm hoping to get tickets to that game, already fore warned my boss about it as well. Either way, i'll be happy!

Suitanim
03-29-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm not saying they can't do something and have some fun with it for the fans, I just don't want to see a repeat of the chessy uber-glorified Wal-Mart opening the Pats pulled last year.

Hey, I'll be there...I wouldn't mind seeing a band play or something.

clevestinks
03-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Rooney Football, no great hype, no big gala, just get out there and play football.

MrTibbs
03-29-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm not saying they can't do something and have some fun with it for the fans, I just don't want to see a repeat of the chessy uber-glorified Wal-Mart opening the Pats pulled last year.

Hey, I'll be there...I wouldn't mind seeing a band play or something.

Sounds like a bit of jealousy in my opinion. When your a big time paying fan and cheer on your team season after season I see no reason not to satisfy the masses then to celebrate your teams accomplishments in their own stadium in front of the fans who have been there win or lose.

It's totaly lame without a doubt. The Steelers might not make it back for another 26 years.

Eztarget
03-29-2006, 03:24 PM

Where I agree with your sediment the one flawed problem with celebrating on opening day is that guys like Bettis, Randle El, Kimo, and Chris Hope won't be around to be there. They ALL played a huge part in winning that SB so celebrating without them would be silly.

The Rooney's are correct. They already had a parade, and have a trophy to remember what happened in 2005! Focusing on making it happen again in 2006 is ALL that should be said on the field opening day!

As far as what happened last season with NE, well I'm willing to bet the NFL's marketing department had something to do with it along with the Patriots.

Livinginthe past
03-29-2006, 04:41 PM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=33500&page=3&pp=10

NM

PisnNapalm
03-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Jerome could be there. He's not playing but he can certainly be there. As for ARE, Kimo, and Hope... Why spoil the celebration for the rest of the team? Let them celebrate it a bit. :)

Suitanim
03-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Sounds like a bit of jealousy in my opinion. When your a big time paying fan and cheer on your team season after season I see no reason not to satisfy the masses then to celebrate your teams accomplishments in their own stadium in front of the fans who have been there win or lose.

It's totaly lame without a doubt. The Steelers might not make it back for another 26 years.

So, bread and circus, eh? If no substance, wow them with style?

ERRRRRRK! Thanks for playing. I'd rather see the Steelers show up at the side entrance in the black Lincoln than at the red carpet in the Pink stretch Hummer, thank you...

Livinginthe past
03-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Substance is gained from winning 3 out of 4.

The hoop-la is for the fans and bears no relevance.

Try again

NM

Ambridge
03-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Sounds like a bit of jealousy in my opinion.

No jealousy involved!!
It's probably more likened to having to endure the viewing of a self aggrandizing event along the lines of the nauseating spectacle Ray Lewis creates when he Gyrates his way onto the field with his stupid "Chicken Dance".

83-Steelers-43
03-29-2006, 05:59 PM
in front of the fans who have been there win or lose.

You can't be talking about Patriot fans.

Livinginthe past
03-29-2006, 06:02 PM
The Steelers definitely didnt gain any extra fans after their SB win.

I, for one, certainly didn't notice any sort of massive surge in forum membership after the game.

No way.

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-29-2006, 06:03 PM
one flawed problem with celebrating on opening day is that guys like Bettis, Randle El, Kimo, and Chris Hope won't be around to be there. They ALL played a huge part in winning that SB so celebrating without them would be silly.

There is no reason why Jerome would not show up. Hell, isn't he part of the booth crew on Sunday nights now? As for Randle El, Kimo and Hope..............I recall them making the decision to leave. While I don't blame them for doing so, they still made the decision to leave this team. Why should that be a reason to not celebrate with the fans that blow a chunk of coin on season tickets every year?

83-Steelers-43
03-29-2006, 06:05 PM

I, for one, certainly didn't notice any sort of massive surge in forum membership after the game.

No way.

NM

Surge on an internet message board? LOL. Oh Nigel, you so crazy!

Livinginthe past
03-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Surge on an internet message board? LOL. Oh Nigel. You so crazy! Then again, with a name like that, I'm sure your just a wild man. :bouncy:

Sounds like you are firing blacks again 83.

What a dud reply - makes you sound all female.

Caught ya before you could edit the camp last sentence out - might aswell put it back in on the original :sofunny:

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Sounds like you are firing blacks again 83.

What a dud reply - makes you sound all female.

NM

Do you mean firing blanks? Never heard the "firing blacks" expression. Nigel, I was just calling you a wild and crazy chappy fellow. That's all...lol. Settle down Nigel. You seem so tense as of late. The last thing I would want to do is piss off a Brit who's parent's named him "Nigel". Trust me.

Suitanim
03-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Interesting that this gets a response.

Bottom line?

The activities in New England last year were over-the-top and kitschy. It is what it is, was what it was, and it can't be undone.

The Steelers have a chance to hit "reset" and bring a little dignity and class back to the table, and they have already stated that they will.

That's pretty much the end of it, or, as Mr. Rooney put it:

"No, we don't do things like that,'' he said. "We gave them all rings, and we have a trophy for winning that game.''

SteelersHoss
03-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Thats okay, maybe it will lower the ticket prices. Which brings me to my next question. Anyone with seaon tickets, willing to sell their home opener tickets. I am willing to pay good money. Also, i am Canadian and will be coming down(hopefully), are their many scalpers??????

Canadian Guy

jayhoss@hotmail.com

3 to be 4
03-29-2006, 10:45 PM
yeah, why enjoy the moment and let the fans have a great time? Its definatly a time to ignore it ever happened.

SuperSteelers
03-30-2006, 08:34 AM
I know others will disagree with me, and that's fine because I don't think there is a right or wrong in this case. Personally, reading the news release made me proud to be a Steelers fan. Mr. Rooney said "...that's just not our way.." epitomises the whole Steeler organiation. What the Steelers stand for and how the organization acts is the main reason that I am a Steelers fan EVERY season, not just when they are victorious. It is the reason that we don't sign players that have personality problems, use drugs, commit crimes... etc, while other teams grab whomever they can get.

They are not just another team to win the championship, they are different. That difference starts from the ownership, coaching, players and all the way down to the fans. For anyone that knows me in real life, they will tell you that I am a huge Steelers fan. I celebrated for hours (in enemy territory) following our vicotry. I drove 350 miles to attend the victory parade. But I agree with Mr. Rooney. Let's do this our way.

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Thats okay, maybe it will lower the ticket prices. Which brings me to my next question. Anyone with seaon tickets, willing to sell their home opener tickets. I am willing to pay good money. Also, i am Canadian and will be coming down(hopefully), are their many scalpers??????

Canadian Guy

jayhoss@hotmail.com

Season ticket holder here. Lower ticket prices? That never happens. They stay the same or get bumped up. Selling opening day tickets, sorry. I never sell. As for scalpers, I personally would not go that route. It seems every year there is a case in this city where a group are selling counterfeit tickets. This past season I believe a group from NYC or Buffalo came down here and were selling counterfeit tickets. After winning the Super Bowl, my guess is that there will be more than the norm. You can try it, you might get lucky.

My only suggestions are either to keep posting on Steeler websites and ask around, you might be able to snag a few if you call the Steeler front office. Here's the phone number if you are interested......(412) 323-1200 or try Ebay. I never purchased tickets from outside my season ticket package, so I'm not sure how helpful my advice will be. I wish you the best of luck and if you make it here, enjoy and be safe.

melroseplace
03-30-2006, 09:41 AM
I know others will disagree with me, and that's fine because I don't think there is a right or wrong in this case. Personally, reading the news release made me proud to be a Steelers fan. Mr. Rooney said "...that's just not our way.." epitomises the whole Steeler organiation. What the Steelers stand for and how the organization acts is the main reason that I am a Steelers fan EVERY season, not just when they are victorious. It is the reason that we don't sign players that have personality problems, use drugs, commit crimes... etc, while other teams grab whomever they can get.

They are not just another team to win the championship, they are different. That difference starts from the ownership, coaching, players and all the way down to the fans. For anyone that knows me in real life, they will tell you that I am a huge Steelers fan. I celebrated for hours (in enemy territory) following our vicotry. I drove 350 miles to attend the victory parade. But I agree with Mr. Rooney. Let's do this our way.

:iagree:

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 12:06 PM
The Steelers will conduct opening festivities as the class act that they are and always will be as long as the Rooneys are running the show, which will be forever! I'm sure there will be some type of small celebration, and I'm sure the fans will be tailgating and all pumped up and crazy and enjoying a good time even if there were absolutely no opening festivities because our Pittsburgh Steelers are the 2005 Super Bowl XL Champions. We know it and we're proud of it! That's enough for me. I'll take class over tacky anyday! :bouncy:

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Do you mean firing blanks? Never heard the "firing blacks" expression. Nigel, I was just calling you a wild and crazy chappy fellow. That's all...lol. Settle down Nigel. You seem so tense as of late. The last thing I would want to do is piss off a Brit who's parent's named him "Nigel". Trust me.

No tenseness here.

In fact most of the time its all too leisurely, too easy.......

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 03:25 PM
No tenseness here.

In fact most of the time its all too leisurely, too easy.......

NM

lol, right. Ok Nigel.

tony hipchest
03-30-2006, 05:17 PM

No way.

NM

its actually very flattering that you see this forum as the barometer but you may want to conduct a more scientific poll to back up your wacky assertation.

i guess your point is no team could have bandwaggonners hop on it like the patriots have. whats youre fanbase at now? like 5,000,000? :sofunny: at this rate, with 2 more sb wins youd be pushing 7 mil.

there are new steelerfans born every day. in about 5-10 years the majority of the patriots fanbase will begin procreating so theres hope yet to have the largest fanbase in the afc east atleast.

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 05:21 PM
its actually very flattering that you see this forum as the barometer but you may want to conduct a more scientific poll to back up your wacky assertation.

i guess your point is no team could have bandwaggonners hop on it like the patriots have. whats youre fanbase at now? like 5,000,000? :sofunny: at this rate, with 2 more sb wins youd be pushing 7 mil.

there are new steelerfans born every day. in about 5-10 years the majority of the patriots fanbase will begin procreating so theres hope yet to have the largest fanbase in the afc east atleast.

My point is that people are quite happy to keep pointing the finger at the Pats and say they consist mostly of Bandwagoners - when in fact they were selling out their stadium well before the SB wins.

A huge influx of posters right after the SB win tells me the Steelers have just as many.

NM

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 05:29 PM

A huge influx of posters right after the SB win tells me the Steelers have just as many.

Hmmm... Just like Nigel to talk too much and contradict himself.

I'm sure Mike the Admin Guy, Blitz and/or Prosdo can attest to how much this Pittsburgh Steelers message board has grown throughout the entire season. It didn't take winning the Super Bowl to do that. I've seen this board grow throughout the entire season.

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah, listen to him Tony. He's from England. He's been a Patriot fan since the beginning. It's not like he decided to watch American football one day and humped the first team he saw who happened to be winning Super Bowls. Nigel has been there through thick and thin.

Yeah, our following is full of bandwagon fans. The proof is right here on a message board. It has nothing to do with what Fords Field looked like on Super Bowl Sunday. It has nothing to do with what every away stadium looks like when the Steelers come to town. It has nothing to do with the time length people have to wait in order to even get on the season ticket waiting list. It's the message board numbers.

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Hmmm... Just like Nigel to talk too much and contradict himself.

Just like poor Steelerz girl to be completely unable to distinguish sarcasm when its staring her right in the face hahahaha.

Now that IS funny.

NM

tony hipchest
03-30-2006, 05:32 PM

NM there you go. much more scientific.

i just polled 3 neighbors down the street and 2 said youre completely wrong. but whatever, the patriots are the greatest dynasy ever, the steelers fanbase is bandwaggoners, whatever gets you through the day.

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Just like poor Steelerz girl to be completely unable to distinguish sarcasm when its staring her right in the face hahahaha.

Now that IS funny.

NM

Riiiiiiiiiiight! :rofl: You're so pathetically pathetic. Seriously...

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 05:35 PM
there you go. much more scientific.

i just polled 3 neighbors down the street and 2 said youre completely wrong. but whatever, the patriots are the greatest dynasy ever, the steelers fanbase is bandwaggoners, whatever gets you through the day.

Now you know I didnt say that Tony - no need to go making stuff up.

I have doffed my hat to the Steelers dynasty before - it remains the best at this present time (I wonder if this will sink in at the fourth time of repetition?)

I'd like to know what sort of 'scientific' formula you used to label the Patriots a bandwagon fanbase?

NM

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiight! :rofl: You're so pathetically pathetic. Seriously...

And you are a little on the simple side.

Why do you think Tony is arguing with me about bandwagon fans if he didnt recognise the sarcasm in the original post?

Maybe you think Tony is suggesting that the Steelers ARE a bandwagon fanbase?

No amount of smiley faces is going to disguise the fact you have made an idiot of yourself again.

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 05:40 PM
In the early 90's the attendance was a complete joke. The average home attendance was below 60% of maximum capacity. Does that count?

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 05:43 PM
And you are a little on the simple side.

Why do you think Tony is arguing with me about bandwagon fans if he didnt recognise the sarcasm in the original post?

Maybe you think Tony is suggesting that the Steelers ARE a bandwagon fanbase?

No amount of smiley faces is going to disguise the fact you have made an idiot of yourself again.

NM

No, Nigel, you are the one who contradicted yourself, not tony. It is you who is the idiot! You're so retarded about the Patriots that you don't even see it! Baby! :rofl:

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Robert Kraft took over in 1994 - once the fans realised they had a team that would not necessarily be the butt of all the NFL jokes they backed the franchise.

Thats why 1994 was when the attendance picked up.

The Pats didnt reach a SB until 3 years later, or win one until 8 years later.

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Strange, we had some down years in between our four super bowl wins and this past super bowl and our attendance never dropped below 60%. Below 60%!!!! That's pathetic.

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 05:48 PM
No, Nigel, you are the one who contradicted yourself, not tony. It is you who is the idiot! Baby! :rofl:

Man, you are almost too stupid for words.

You can talk til you are blue in the face, but if my original post wasn't sarcastic (the Steelers definitely havent gaiend any extra fans since the SB win) then why did Tony pick up on it?

In fact why did everyone else pick up on it apart from you?

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 05:50 PM
So far you called her stupid and said she's acting like an idiot. Very nice. Then you wonder why your right hand and computer are your two best friends.

Livinginthe past
Strange, we had some down years in between our four super bowl wins and this past super bowl and our attendance never dropped below 60%. Below 60%!!!! That's pathetic.

Wow, you had some down years between SB years eh?

that must have taken some fanstastic loyalty from the fans to stick with a franchsie that had so many bad seasons eh?

A big deal is always made of the fact that the Steelers have been exteremely consistent at winning over the last 30 years - its undisputed they have been a generally excellent team.

Its hardly the greatest test of the fanbase to suffer the odd 6-10 though is it?

NM

SteelerzGirl
Man, you are almost too stupid for words.

You can talk til you are blue in the face, but if my original post wasn't sarcastic (the Steelers definitely havent gaiend any extra fans since the SB win) then why did Tony pick up on it?

In fact why did everyone else pick up on it apart from you?

NM

:rofl: You're such an idiot! Baby! Hey everybody! Nigel contradicted himself... AGAIN!

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Wow, you had some down years between SB years eh?

that must have taken some fanstastic loyalty from the fans to stick with a franchsie that had so many bad seasons eh?

A big deal is always made of the fact that the Steelers have been exteremely consistent at winning over the last 30 years - its undisputed they have been a generally excellent team.

Its hardly the greatest test of the fanbase to suffer the odd 6-10 though is it?

NM

Below 60%!!!! :sofunny: "eh?"

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 05:55 PM
So far you called her stupid and said she's acting like an idiot. Very nice. Then you wonder why your right hand and computer are your two best friends.

See its all very well for some of you guys to dish it out - mostly when you get together in a group - but you cant handle a little back.

Steelerzgirl as usual stepped in and accused me of contradicting myself (again with the emphasis on Nigel this, and Nigel that, that you favor so much) and then when I said she couldnt decipher sarcasm she called me pathetic.

So you really need to check your facts.

I am not the one who starts all the personal stuff in every thread...and before you argue it - everyone can see it.

Everytime its the same story.

NM

tony hipchest
03-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Now you know I didnt say that Tonyhence the lack of quotes

I'd like to know what sort of 'scientific' formula you used to label the Patriots a bandwagon fanbase?

NM

are you referring to this sentence? "there are new steelerfans born every day. in about 5-10 years the majority of the patriots fanbase will begin procreating so theres hope yet to have the largest fanbase in the afc east atleast."

i dont get where i am labelling them anything but i am smart and perceptive enough to notice that there fanbase has grown significantly in the northeast since their sb wins. however i honestly havent noticed an influx of their jerseys and fans at their opponents stadiums.

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 05:59 PM
are you referring to this sentence? "there are new steelerfans born every day. in about 5-10 years the majority of the patriots fanbase will begin procreating so theres hope yet to have the largest fanbase in the afc east atleast."

i dont get where i am labelling them anything but i am smart and perceptive enough to notice that there fanbase has grown significantly in the northeast since their sb wins. however i honestly havent noticed an influx of their jerseys and fans at their opponents stadiums.

What you have and havent noticed is no more scientific than what I have and haven't noticed.

NM

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 06:01 PM
See its all very well for some of you guys to dish it out - mostly when you get together in a group - but you cant handle a little back.

Steelerzgirl as usual stepped in and accused me of contradicting myself (again with the emphasis on Nigel this, and Nigel that, that you favor so much) and then when I said she couldnt decipher sarcasm she called me pathetic.

So you really need to check your facts.

I am not the one who starts all the personal stuff in every thread...and before you argue it - everyone can see it.

Everytime its the same story.

NM

Uh, Nigel? You did contradict yourself, as usual. Why? Because you can't keep your mouth shut. :rofl:

Secondly, you usually are the one who starts the personal stuff in every thread. You usually can't even stick to the topic of a thread.

If you want to keep the name calling up, go right ahead. But wasn't it YOU who said that people shouldn't resort to name calling? Yet another contradiction, I suppose.

If you can dish it out, you better be able to take it. Or, of course, you could leave.

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 06:02 PM
i honestly havent noticed an influx of their jerseys and fans at their opponents stadiums.

Before their first super bowl win, I hardly ever saw Patriot fans in Three Rivers. Then all of a sudden they grew. To be honest, there are not that many at our games, not as many as I would expect from a team with the amount of success they have had the last five years.

tony hipchest
03-30-2006, 06:09 PM
What you have and havent noticed is no more scientific than what I have and haven't noticed.

NM but as a fan of the reigning champs it does give my opinion and what i notice a little more weight.

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Uh, Nigel? You did contradict yourself, as usual. Why? Because you can't keep your mouth shut. :rofl:

Secondly, you usually are the one who starts the personal stuff in every thread. You usually can't even stick to the topic of a thread.

If you want to keep the name calling up, go right ahead. But wasn't it YOU who said that people shouldn't resort to name calling? Yet another contradiction, I suppose.

If you can dish it out, you better be able to take it. Or, of course, you could leave.

Im not going anywhere Honeybun.

You started up with personal stuff on the politics thread - You wont be able to find a single instance of where I replied to any of your comments on a therad that you didnt aim my way first.

you are like Augusta and 83 - you think that putting Nigel etc etc in every thread is going to rile me into leaving...im afarid it wont work.

Maybe you think you can get away with flat out lying because you are on a Steelers forum?

I cannot think of a single topic you posetd on before me that has any interest whatsoever.

You are as lame as ever.

NM

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 06:11 PM
but as a fan of the reigning champs it does give my opinion and what i notice a little more weight.

ha ha ..I notice that rule didnt apply last year..funny that eh? :sofunny:

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 06:13 PM
you are like Augusta and 83 - you think that putting Nigel etc etc in every thread is going to rile me into leaving...im afarid it wont work.

Hell, I don't want you to leave nor did I ever stated that I wanted you to leave. I can't imagine coming on here and not hearing Pip's opinion. I find you amusing.

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Hell, I don't want you to leave nor did I ever stated that I wanted you to leave. I can't imagine coming on here and not hearing Pip's opinion. I find you amusing.

Well whatever, it doesnt much bother me either way.

NM

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Im not going anywhere Honeybun.

You started up with personal stuff on the politics thread - You wont be able to find a single instance of where I replied to any of your comments on a therad that you didnt aim my way first.

Maybe you think you can get away with flat out lying because you are on a Steelers forum?

I cannot think of a single topic you posetd on before me that has any interest whatsoever.

You are as lame as ever.

NM

I'm lying about what, Nigel?

You are so far out in left field that you don't even realize it. You truly are a nut job.

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Well whatever, it doesnt much bother me either way.

NM

Well, that's good Nigel....lol. I'm happy to hear it.

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Nigel has one of those God complexes. He has no faults, he's never wrong, and he never contradicts himself. :rolleyes:

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm lying about what, Nigel?

You are so far out in left field that you don't even realize it. You truly are a nut job.

You are lying about the fact that I start the personal abuse each time.

You arrive in each thread I post on, and offer some dumb comment about me and then take it from there.

I am able to discuss politics and the like, you are unable to do anything other than act like a 6 year old with insults and smilies.

NM

tony hipchest
03-30-2006, 06:19 PM
ha ha ..I notice that rule didnt apply last year..funny that eh? :sofunny:

NMwe were in the middle of our fantastic 15-1 and champion season, so technically youre right. that rule didnt apply last year.

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, that's good Nigel....lol. I'm happy to hear it.

Well...you are persistant..ill give you that. :cool:

NM

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 06:21 PM
You are lying about the fact that I start the personal abuse each time.

You arrive in each thread I post on, and offer some dumb comment about me and then take it from there.

I am able to discuss politics and the like, you are unable to do anything other than act like a 6 year old with insults and smilies.

NM

That's where you're wrong, dumbass. Usually when I enter a thread that you're in, it's because you're demeaning and degrading women, or making some other derogatory comment about women in general. And that's a FACT. So if anyone is a liar around here, that's YOU! Contradict yourself much?

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 06:23 PM
That's where you're wrong, dumbass. Usually when I enter a thread that you're in, it's because you're demeaning and degrading women, or making some other derogatory comment about women in general. And that's a FACT. So if anyone is a liar around here, that's YOU! Contradict yourself much?

Hahahaha.

When have I demeaned and degraded women?

Are you going to dig out that quote from last year about the Bronco fan?

Show me these comments...please..I BEG YOU>>>>SHOW ME THESE DEGRADING COMMENTS.

Bet ya cant

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Well...you are persistant..ill give you that. :cool:

NM

Yes, that's why I'm hoping someday you take a trip to this great country of ours and join me in that bar conversation.

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Hahahaha.

When have I demeaned and degraded women?

Are you going to dig out that quote from last year about the Bronco fan?

Show me these comments...please..I BEG YOU>>>>SHOW ME THESE DEGRADING COMMENTS.

Bet ya cant

NM

Well there ya, go, Nigel... 83-Steelers-43 sees it and so does everyone else. Go back over your own damn posts and see them for yourself. I'm not your damn maid! You and your little insults about women are all over this forum and everyone knows it. So, if you have a problem w/women being on this forum, you should probably leave because we're not going anywhere, and I'll be on your sorry butt everytime I see it.

tony hipchest
03-30-2006, 06:29 PM
i heard tom brady was gonna present the rings to the steelers players to kick off the half-time show. lol

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Well there ya, go, Nigel... 83-Steelers-43 sees it and so does everyone else. Go back over your own damn posts and see them for yourself. I'm not your damn maid! You and your little insults about women are all over this forum and everyone knows it. So, if you have a problem w/women being on this forum, you should probably leave because we're not going anywhere, and I'll be on your sorry butt everytime I see it.

The reason you cant so it is because you are lying.

You are making it up and making yourself look a fool in front of everyone (again).

If I call you the idiot that you clearly are, its because you are one, not because you happen to be female.

You cannot even dig up one example of my supposedly sexist ways - you are the one who is delusional.

NM

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 06:34 PM
The reason you cant so it is because you are lying.

You are making it up and making yourself look a fool in front of everyone (again).

If I call you the idiot that you clearly are, its because you are one, not because you happen to be female.

You cannot even dig up one example of my supposedly sexist ways - you are the one who is delusional.

NM

That's BS and you know it! I saw one of your posts just today where you referred to one of the guys as posting like a woman.

You can be the one who talks until you're blue in the face. You know it's true, I know it's true, and everyone else around here knows it's true. You absolutely hate women. And yes, Nigel, we all know you're delusional.

I am surely not the idiot here. That honor falls to you. Simply put, no one likes you, and just about everyone wants you gone. You are truly HATED by some. That delusion you have makes you think otherwise. Poor thing. You have a good evening. I'm out. You're simply too crazy for words.

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 06:39 PM
That's BS and you know it! I saw one of your posts just today where you referred to one of the guys as posting like a woman.

You can be the one who talks until you're blue in the face. You know it's true, I know it's true, and everyone else around here knows it's true. You absolutely hate women. And yes, Nigel, we all know you're delusional.

I am surely not the idiot here. That honor falls to you. Simply put, no one likes you, and just about everyone wants you gone. That delusion you have makes you think otherwise. Poor thing.

I dont know it.

Show me these posts where I insulted women I know you can't - saying someone 'posts like a women' is hardly the greatest offense and I reckon I said it twice in all my time here.

You are looking to make this into something its not. I have repeated run ins with Augusta shark and 83-43...does this mean I hate men too?

You are the one who devises these theories about my sexuality.

What you are looking for is an excuse for your stupid, childish behaviour, especially on the political thread where all you do is say "Nigel, Nigel, Nigel" and cheerlead for the other posters.

You are so immature it hurts to see you post.

Show me some of these posts I have left 'everywhere' that I insult women in.

Oh thats right..your not my maid.

NM

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 06:46 PM
i heard tom brady was gonna present the rings to the steelers players to kick off the half-time show. lol

Ya reckon he'll get a better reception this time?

Poor guy musta had his feeling hurt with all that booing last time.

NM

tony hipchest
03-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Ya reckon he'll get a better reception this time?

Poor guy musta had his feeling hurt with all that booing last time.

NM you could see it written all over his face as he thought "peyton manning wouldnt get boo'ed like this :redface: "

Livinginthe past
03-30-2006, 06:55 PM
you could see it written all over his face as he thought "peyton manning wouldnt get boo'ed like this :redface: "

Brady had better get used to playing second fiddle to Peyton - its going to be that way for the rest of his career.

NM

3 to be 4
03-30-2006, 10:27 PM
My point is that people are quite happy to keep pointing the finger at the Pats and say they consist mostly of Bandwagoners - when in fact they were selling out their stadium well before the SB wins.

NM

thats been my point too, that the Patriots mania started in 1994, not in 2001.

AND, I have noticed a sudden increase in people all over the place suddenly wearing Steeler jackets and hats etc.. Gee, no bandwagon jumpers there.

clevestinks
03-31-2006, 07:49 AM
thats been my point too, that the Patriots mania started in 1994, not in 2001.

AND, I have noticed a sudden increase in people all over the place suddenly wearing Steeler jackets and hats etc.. Gee, no bandwagon jumpers there.

Damn, I have to admit that 3tobe4 is correct. Ive seen more Steelers fans than ever here in the Cleveland area, there always were a lot, but some just bum me out wearing super Bowl gear, and I`ve never seen them with Steelers gear on before. Although I know alot of front runners out there. We have a huge fan base, I dont think anyone will agrue that, just look at our away games, the entire NFL to notice to the Terrible Towels everywhere.

As far as NE goes I think it was LITP who explained to us that you had terrible owners prior to Kraft, and he turned the entire organization around. Alll I knew of NE before that was Zeke Mowat sticking his tool in the woman reporters face!

SteelShooter
03-31-2006, 07:59 AM
CLASS ACT!!!!! They will definitely act like its not the first time they've won the SB.....:helmet:

Well said Dieselman..........and great article/post too BlacknGold203!

Even though I would enjoy a little celebrating, it just isn't the Rooney way and being a loyal fan I have come to understand and accept that. We had our day and our parade already, starting that night, we have to focus back on thge "One Game at a Time" mentality that has served our Team so well over the years. I fully support the decision. Focus on a new season, no wavering.... be Proud AND Physical!

83-Steelers-43
03-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Under 60%.

83-Steelers-43
03-31-2006, 09:35 AM
Eitherway, bands or no bands, it should be a great night.