PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about game opener?

LuckyNumber7
03-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Steelers to open against the Dolphins....I just want your opinion, what do you think about that? I personally wold have liked to open the season against either the Patriots, Seahawks or the Bengals. lol What do you guys think??

$LN7$

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-28-2006, 01:47 PM
I like the Dolphins.
There going to be a different team this year.
Plus the dolphins are the team Big Ben had his first official start in i believe

Livinginthe past
03-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Im pretty sure the Pats aren't in your regular season fixture list - lucky you :cool:

Its about time the Steelers visited Foxboro, beating you guys at Heinz Field is becoming montonous. :sofunny:

NM

Crawdaddye
03-28-2006, 01:59 PM
I think the Dolphins have the potential to be a very good team mid to late in the season, so getting them early might be a blessing, especially if Dante isn't ready to go.

Midnightwriter1
03-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Will have to see, We saw where Culpepper was heading last year when he didnt have Moss to throw too. I mean how many times did he just throw the ball up ( jump ball style ) and Moss came down iwth it. he didnt have that last year and he looked aweful prior to getting hurt. Will see i guess but I have never been a fan of his.

Avoid Lloyd
03-28-2006, 02:50 PM
I think the Dolphins are going to be a VERY strong team this year.

Suitanim
03-28-2006, 02:55 PM
I think we're all gonna have a great time watching the eventual 2006-07 AFC North Champions beat up on the eventual 2006-07 AFC East Champions

LuckyNumber7
03-28-2006, 03:07 PM
I am not saying the dolphins are going to be a bad team by any means. They have the potential of being an awesome team and get into the playoffs, but I would just have liked to have seen the Steelers play one of our rivals. It seems to me that this is just a regualr game, it would be more interesting and exciting if we were playing say the Bengals or the Ravens. That's all I am saying. But yes, I do agree, the Dolphins will be a good team this year. With all that they have been doing in free agency, they will be competition.

$LN7$

Midnightwriter1
03-28-2006, 03:18 PM
The league wanted us to play the Broncos...but the lil sissy's didnt want to start the year coming to Pittsburgh on the road on a Thrusday night game. The have another Thursday game during season so requested that we dont play them. No idea why not the Bungles then. I am excited about the season opener, but nothing special as far as the Dolphins.. no rivarly there and is just like another reg season game.

clevestinks
03-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Its an interesting selection. It really didnt matter, Im just glad its an AFC game.

Midnightwriter1
03-28-2006, 03:33 PM
I have heard that the reason no Bengals is cause Palmer may be ready and they didnt want to do that to bengals.. So i ask " so the bengals play shitty teams until Palmer may be ready then ? lol

MNsteelers
03-28-2006, 03:35 PM
I think it's a great match up. The Dolphins ended the year very well and now have their quarterback (assuming he's ready to go) to help out Ronnie Brown, who's going to have a good season. It works in a lot of ways. Hey, what's today's situation with Maddox? I probably missed it but I heard it was talking to the Dolphins about a 1-year deal. Has he signed somewhere yet? Cuz having Maddox start against Pittsburgh in a game like that will result in his death.

OX1947
03-28-2006, 03:36 PM
I still want New England in the playoffs next year, I want to stomp on those aholes bad....

83-Steelers-43
03-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, I would have liked to attend the game and while sitting in my seats looking at the faces of all five of the Bungal fans that travel to "support" their team when we are getting our rings handed out. But the Phins will do.

STEELERSTAR
03-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Steelers to open against the Dolphins....I just want your opinion, what do you think about that? I personally wold have liked to open the season against either the Patriots, Seahawks or the Bengals. lol What do you guys think??

$LN7$

We'll play Seahawks at home in 2007. NFC West teams.

Eztarget
03-29-2006, 02:45 PM

$LN7$

Well considering they don't play the Seahawks this year that would be tough! :D

lipssinc
03-31-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm looking forward to the game even though I have love the Steelers. I love my Dolphins even more. I really thing the game is going to be competitive and a great 1st game of the season.

Sharkissle29
04-01-2006, 08:12 AM
im guessing this will be a home game? do we not know?

Steelhorse
04-01-2006, 08:21 AM
im guessing this will be a home game? do we not know?

Yep - Miami will be a home game Thursday Sept. 7

Haiku_Dirtt
04-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Actually I like it if we don't come into the game forgetting that there is a game. Put the bling away and buckle the chinstrap.

We need to be ready out of the gate.