PDA

View Full Version : Cowher on video game cover...

BB2W
03-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Electronic Arts announced today that World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Bill Cowher will be on the cover of NFL Head Coach, available in stores June 20, under the EA SPORTS brand. NFL Head Coach is in development at EA Tiburon, EA's studio responsible for other NFL videogame franchises including: Madden NFL Football and NFL STREET. This is the first-ever 3D sports strategy game where you can experience the emotional rollercoaster of coaching with the most true-to-life and authentic sports strategy game ever created.

Cowher, the longest-tenured head coach in the NFL, is fresh off his first Super Bowl title with a 21-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL in Detroit. In 14 seasons under the leadership of Cowher, the Steelers have earned 10 postseason berths, captured nine division titles, advanced to six AFC Championship games and have made two Super Bowl appearances. The Pittsburgh-area native is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least eight division titles and ranks ninth in NFL history for longest head coaching service with one team.

"With NFL Head Coach there is finally a game that gives true football fans the chance to strategize and become the head coach of their favorite team," said Cowher. "Coaching is about leadership and everyone will now see how difficult, but also how rewarding coaching can be."

NFL Head Coach challenges gamers to build and manage every aspect of a football team from the ground up. A simple conversation system and an engaging graphical interface allow users to immerse themselves into the lives of an NFL head coach. As head coach, you develop a team strategy, execute it on and off the field, and try to build a winning organization year after year. Your status as a coaching legend will rise and fall based on all of your actions as you strive to become the greatest head coach of all time.

NFL Head Coach will be available for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC-CD. This product is not yet rated by the ESRB.

link: http://www.syncgaming.com/index.php?page=viewnews&id=3952

MichiSteeler
03-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah i heard about this game. Hmm.... I'm not sure whether it looks like a good game yet but i saw a trailer for it on the arena football game. Itll be interesting, but thats good for Cowher, as long as theres no curse!:dang:

RoethlisBURGHer
03-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Sounds cool,and with Cowa on the cover,I'mma buy it.

Justin Otstott
03-29-2006, 10:18 AM
yea if you guys want the site is www.NFLheadcoach.com go check it out. I will be getting this game for the XBox so.....but I know this game will be nothing to Madden 07!!!

Suitanim
03-29-2006, 10:24 AM
Does that mean Cowher is cursed to twist his ankle on the sideline, or have a video camera fall off a crane at training camp and hit him on the head?

As for the game, it uses the Madden game engine, if memory serves, and you can actually play the football game if you want, although the game is more about the strategy of HCing.

clevestinks
03-29-2006, 10:28 AM
dAMN WIN A CHAMPIOSHIP AND EVERYONE IS A CELEBERITY

atrus20
03-29-2006, 11:34 AM
As long as it doesn't say "Madden" then he should be fine. I'm just cringing to see who they actaully have on the Madden cover... (please no Steelers)

Midnightwriter1
03-29-2006, 11:59 AM
I wonder if will allow you will be able to control Cowhers spit and be able to generate how much of it youactuallywant to come out of his mouth when he is yelling.

Joooooooooey (spit) (spit) Cmer Joey (spit spit spit)
I know (spit) you can hear me Joey (5 footer spit spit)

Cmon (spit) LETS (spit spit) GOOOOO ( 6 footer spit) LETS GO !!!! ( spiiiiittt )

melroseplace
03-29-2006, 04:14 PM
I wonder if will allow you will be able to control Cowhers spit and be able to generate how much of it youactuallywant to come out of his mouth when he is yelling.

haha that's so great

Ambridge
03-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Spit control sounds good but I'd rather see an option where Cowher can go and kick Billick in the head at the end of a game.........or waive the Superbowl XL Lombardi under
Marvin Lewis's nose.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Spit control sounds good but I'd rather see an option where Cowher can go and kick Billick in the head at the end of a game.........or waive the Superbowl XL Lombardi under
Marvin Lewis's nose.

All while spitting on them.

Personally,I would love to kick Billick in the balls and hit Lewis in the head with the Lombardi.I used to have respect for Marvin Lewis,but not anymore.

SteelerFan1
03-30-2006, 12:50 PM
mmm...spit

it wins championships...