PDA

View Full Version : What were the fans chanting yesterday at the Steelers-Raiders game?

ozzfest567
11-22-2010, 12:22 PM
I couldnt make it out, anybody know? :tt03:

tony hipchest
11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
"refs, you suck"

ozzfest567
11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
thank you so much. every time i heard it, the damn announcers started talking, and i couldnt understand it

steelerchad
11-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Yep. That's what they were saying. I've heard it before, but never before at Heinz Field that I can remember.
Well deserved chant in my opinion.

Third Rail
11-22-2010, 01:10 PM
THIS JUST IN

Steelers fans fined for booing

Carl Johnson, NFL Head of Officiating announced Monday that all Pittsburgh Steelers fans that attended Sunday's game at Heinz Field will be fined $135,000 for questioning the officials' authority. In addition, Steelers linebacker James Harrison will also be fined $275,000 because fans booed the loudest when he was penalized for sacking Jason Campbell a split second after throwing the ball, a penalty that overruled an interception return for a touchdown because as an NFL rule, officals must always remove one touchdown per game from the Steelers' score. The officials reserve the right to choose which touchdown is retracted.

"We can't have fans booing officials who make bad calls during games," said Johnson. "Since an average of 5%-8% of officiating is actually correct, allowing fans to boo calls could result in a deafening clamor that could drown out the incoherent analysis of Cris Collinsworth, Jon Gruden and all of the other color commentators whose opinions are the real reason fans tune in on Sundays."

NFL Commissioner and devoted Nazi sympathizer Roger Goodell agreed. "Any fans heard booing officials during any NFL game will be removed from the stadium, slapped with a $125,000 fine, and suspended from ever attending another game in their lives, except for games played in England," said Goodell. "We're also looking into installing devices in HDTVs and cable boxes so that fans at home can also be monitored and fined accordingly. We believe that the NFL will rake in approximately $789.7 trillion this year in fines; a new record. We're very happy about that."

In addition to the fan-related fine, Harrison was also fined $2.75 million for the actual hit on Campbell. In addition, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was fined $750,000 after a punch from his jaw broke Oakland Raider Richard Seymour's fist.

toughsticks87
11-22-2010, 02:00 PM
THIS JUST IN

Steelers fans fined for booing

Carl Johnson, NFL Head of Officiating announced Monday that all Pittsburgh Steelers fans that attended Sunday's game at Heinz Field will be fined $135,000 for questioning the officials' authority. In addition, Steelers linebacker James Harrison will also be fined $275,000 because fans booed the loudest when he was penalized for sacking Jason Campbell a split second after throwing the ball, a penalty that overruled an interception return for a touchdown because as an NFL rule, officals must always remove one touchdown per game from the Steelers' score. The officials reserve the right to choose which touchdown is retracted.

"We can't have fans booing officials who make bad calls during games," said Johnson. "Since an average of 5%-8% of officiating is actually correct, allowing fans to boo calls could result in a deafening clamor that could drown out the incoherent analysis of Cris Collinsworth, Jon Gruden and all of the other color commentators whose opinions are the real reason fans tune in on Sundays."

NFL Commissioner and devoted Nazi sympathizer Roger Goodell agreed. "Any fans heard booing officials during any NFL game will be removed from the stadium, slapped with a $125,000 fine, and suspended from ever attending another game in their lives, except for games played in England," said Goodell. "We're also looking into installing devices in HDTVs and cable boxes so that fans at home can also be monitored and fined accordingly. We believe that the NFL will rake in approximately $789.7 trillion this year in fines; a new record. We're very happy about that."

In addition to the fan-related fine, Harrison was also fined $2.75 million for the actual hit on Campbell. In addition, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was fined $750,000 after a punch from his jaw broke Oakland Raider Richard Seymour's fist.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Third Rail
11-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Glad you liked it. I decided to make a thread for it too. I think we should start a fake news forum here for this kind of stuff because it's fun to put together.

Lord of Lombardi
11-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Was there and part of the chanting "Refs, You SUCK"

I also never heard that at Heinz Field and since that was the worst called game in history, it was well deserved. Just got back to York, PA Monday afternoon and already had my fine from "Go to Hell Goddell" in my mail box. The reason stated "for hurting our refs feelings during an NFL game." And yes, NFL was spelled out . NOW FOR LADIES........ I knew the game would change when they started these BS rules, this is just the beginning. The hard working, Defensive teams will hurt the most since they know hitting hard will change games. Not anymore. NFL (NOW FLAG LEAGUE) And only Hockey was left.

tony hipchest
11-23-2010, 12:59 AM
i went to my 1st nba game last year (orlando vs spurs) and joined in on a well deserved "refs you suck" chant. i was suprised how loud it was cause i had never heard it like that over the TV.

i definitely heard the crowd in pgh over the airwaves. :cheers: :tt02: