PDA

View Full Version : Vikings fire Brad Childress

tony hipchest
11-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Leslie Frazier named interim coach.

maybe brad childress will be the steelers next OC. :tap:

SteelCityMom
11-22-2010, 12:44 PM
I expected this to happen...surprised it took them so long though lol.

I actually thought about him being looked at as an OC here...but not sure that would be a good idea after looking into it further. When he was with the Eagles as OC, they did really well and made it to 3 consecutive trips to the NFC championship games...BUT he never called offensive plays for them, that was all Reid. He was supposedly a great QB coach though.

I bet Vikings FO are still kicking themselves though for passing on Caldwell for Childress though.

tony hipchest
11-22-2010, 01:20 PM
yeah but when he goes to pens games people can say "its Chilly in the Igloo" (i know they dont play there anymore but humor me here).

he's got some upside-

1) not arians
2) familiarity with tomlin
3) -knows how to use rb's such as peterson/chester
-knows how to use te's such as shiancoe
-knows how to use 3 good wr's
4) doesnt want a renegade qb running the show

rbryan
11-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Typical knee jerk reaction in the "New NFL"

Takes the team to the NFC championship the year before and ten games into the next season he's fired??

Ziggy should hire Adam Spincter as the next coach.....he knows everything. Either him or the next winner of Dancing with the Stars. That should appease the fanbase in Minnesota.

ricardisimo
11-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Please see my thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=62579) in the Steelers section. Would one of the mods be kind enough to add a poll, with all of the obligatory Patriots/Brady/Bieber options?

Takes the team to the NFC championship the year before and ten games into the next season he's fired??

Ziggy should hire Adam Spincter as the next coach.....he knows everything. Either him or the next winner of Dancing with the Stars. That should appease the fanbase in Minnesota.
He mortgaged his team's future with over-the-hill players. Does anyone at all really believe they'd be 3-7 right now with Tarvaris Jackson at QB? I don't.

Shea
11-22-2010, 04:02 PM

Could be a knee jerk reaction but from what I understand the Viking crowd was brutal with chants directed at Chilly and getting his ass out of town.

That had to play a part into the decision. Don't want to lose your fanbase.

rbryan
11-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Only further demonstrates what a clueless fanbase they have up there.

Don't get me wrong....Childress brought a lot of this on himself when he slobbered all over Favre and catered to his bullsh!t, but can you imagine the Rooneys firing a HC that was in the AFCCG the year before??

Me thinks Ziggy needs to take a good look at himself on this one. Last time I checked he signed off on the Favre suckfest too. Not to mention the Moss experiment. The fact that Chilly got rid of him without asking Ziggy seems to have added fuel to this fire. So which one is it?? Debating over bringing in Moss or getting rid of him???

How many Stiller fans clamored for Big Ben to get shown the door earlier this year?? If you let the fanbase run the team you're in for a huge disappointment.

Shea
11-22-2010, 04:23 PM
If you let the fanbase run the team you're in for a huge disappointment.

I agree.

But I think they are also trying to get a new stadium built. Gotta have the fans behind you if you are even gonna begin to get that going.

I could be wrong, but I bet their, the fanbase, taxes will help to get that stadium built, so we gotta keep them happy.

Or it could just come down to local political officials in which case I don't know or care.

I F'n hate politics.

MasterOfPuppets
11-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Please see my thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=62579) in the Steelers section. Would one of the mods be kind enough to add a poll, with all of the obligatory Patriots/Brady/Bieber options?

He mortgaged his team's future with over-the-hill players. Does anyone at all really believe they'd be 3-7 right now with Tarvaris Jackson at QB? I don't.
actually ...yes. :noidea:

lionslicer
11-23-2010, 11:52 AM

Maybe not 3-7.. I'd say 4-6.
The problem is people thinks Favre lost all 7 games by himself, but in reality I say he lost about 3, maybe depending on how harsh you are towards a medicore performance. And don't give me any stats because I've watched his games. Half of his interceptions are from recievers litterally just giving the ball to defenders. No one on that team is playing to win except Favre. The defense looks worthless, the offensive line couldn't block Dan Quayl and Peterson isn't running like he used to. It's a scratch season for the team, maybe with a new head coach and a new quarterback they'll have some fight in them next year.