PDA

View Full Version : jeff gordon- "i am not a robot"

tony hipchest
03-28-2006, 07:06 PM
:sofunny: he was fined $10,000 hissybucks. pretty good article though. http://www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/9343612

i still think he is a robot sent from outerspace to destroy and conquer the foreign ranks of the formula-1.

SteelerzGirl
03-28-2006, 07:45 PM
:sofunny: he was fined $10,000 hissybucks. pretty good article though. http://www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/9343612

i still think he is a robot sent from outerspace to destroy and conquer the foreign ranks of the formula-1.

:rofl:

I told ya Jeff was a rebel! BAM! Too bad he got fined, though. Oh well, he has so much money I'm sure that $10,000 doesn't even begin to put a dent in his wallet.

Jeff is gonna be a terror in Martinsville this week...tehehe. Yay! :bouncy:

GO TEAM HENDRICK!

SteelerDad
03-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Remeber it takes a real man to pick a fight when he's wearing a racing helmet.

:busted:

daleemnm
03-28-2006, 09:34 PM
I'd like to see him mess with Harvick and Stewart...that'd be an entertaining result. :sofunny:

DIESELMAN
03-28-2006, 10:53 PM
What a wuss....Kenseth was coming over to apologize and Gordon picks that time to show who he really is? give me a break......at least Matt was man enough to know he screwed up and try to apologize.....**** GORDON!!!!!

SteelerDad
03-28-2006, 11:43 PM
This is why it's good to be a Elliot Sadler fan. I cheer for a nice quiet guy who doesn't cause much trouble and doesn't get into stupid pushing fights on pit road.

Suitanim
03-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Hatahs, all!

Jeff Gordon for President!

DIESELMAN
03-29-2006, 08:24 AM
Look out Gordon.....Its on!!!!!
Ward Burton warned of repercussions for Kurt Busch's winning move. "Kurt needs to understand there's a payment waiting to be made for that," Burton said. "He didn't just knock (Kenseth) out of the way, 42 other drivers watched it. And what that means now is if Kurt's in front of you with a few laps to go, you have permission to knock him out of the way. You drive people the way they drive you. If he gets knocked out of the way with five to go, he can't whine about it."

Suitanim
03-29-2006, 08:39 AM
But he will. I remember when Gordon and him got into it last year...it's interesting to see the perceptions. Of course Kurt is hardly as hated as Jeff, but, if memory serves, Jeff knocked Kurt out of the way at one track or another, and of course it was all Jeff's fault. The odd bit was that a few races later, Kurt knocked Jeff out of the way, and it was ALSO Jeff's fault.

But, after a while, as a JG fan you get used to that kind of stuff...

daleemnm
03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
I seen somewhere Kurt was named the 3rd most hated athlete.

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 12:38 PM
I won't be around for this weekend's race, so let me know how Jimmie does. I'm hoping Matt Kenseth will be http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/cd3f8a67.gif!

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Chiming in from the guy who knows nothing about NASCAR.......

Every interview I have seen from guy, he seems like a stiff with zero personality.

tony hipchest
03-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Chiming in from the guy who knows nothing about NASCAR.......

Every interview I have seen from guy, he seems like a stiff with zero personality.

:sofunny: - its true. but appearantly, after 13 years in the sport, hes working on a much needed image makeover, although i think its too little, too late, and the wrong image he should be reaching for. the "if you cant beat em, join em" attitude seems a little immature and non champion like of someone who has won as much as he has.

http://www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/9345719

Gordon admits that this new, tougher environment is forcing him to change, forcing him to become tougher and, perhaps, a little more aggressive on and off the track.

Gordon, in fact, attributes part of his struggles last year to not being aggressive enough and not keeping up with younger drivers who don't hesitate to run over the competition if that's what it takes to get to the front.

"I think that I kind of heard a lot last year that maybe I wasn't being aggressive enough on the race track and different things," Gordon said. "My team has done an awful lot this year to make our race cars better, to put me in better positions, better pit crew, better communication, and I'm giving them everything I possibly can out there on the race track because they deserve it.

"If that means I've got to be more aggressive, then I'm going to be more aggressive."

Even if it means getting in a few scuffles and paying a few fines along the way.

daleemnm
03-30-2006, 06:10 PM
He's going to mess with the wrong guy and he's gonna get it...

tony hipchest
04-01-2006, 06:30 PM
ive always liked bobby.

http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup/04/01/dearnhardtjr.cup.notes/index.html

Labonte eyes 'new look' Gordon

Veteran Bobby Labonte was one competitor at Martinsville who scoffed Friday at the news that Jeff Gordon was projecting a new, more aggressive image.

"I was pretty amazed by that comment," Labonte said. "We'll just have to wait and see. It's kinda hard to change from one week to the next. We'll see how it goes.

"I kinda laughed at it. I talked to him a little bit after the [Bristol] race was over, and I could see his point. I could see everybody else's point, too.

"It'll be interesting to see if he grows his hair longer to go along with the whole new deal. Do you have to change your whole look?"