PDA

View Full Version : Seymour fined $25k.. No suspension

jjpro11
11-22-2010, 05:54 PM
**** Goodell.

PhantomJB93
11-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Wow, not only no suspension, but only 1/3 as much as Harrison got for the LEGAL Massaquoi hit...Goodell is a f*cking idiot

Fire Haley
11-22-2010, 06:08 PM
What a joke. So it's OK to punch QB's now?

I want to see us cold**** Sanchez in the first series, knock that ****er out.

In fact, designate a S.T. player of the week to punch out every QB we play from now on. Let them play the first series of every game on D, just to go after the other team's QB.

**** you Lord Goodell, there goes any credibility you ever had, Seymour would have been suspended after a $100,000 fine if that was Brady or Peyton.

saveus1011
11-22-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm lighting that son of a bitch (Goodell) up on Twitter. If anyone wants to read it, feel free - http://twitter.com/maverickbarrett

GMU Steeler
11-22-2010, 06:10 PM
You gotta be kidding me. I don't get it. Harrison gets fined 75 K for a legal hit and Seymour after a play is over hits one of our players and he gets suspended a third of that. What a bunch of nonsense. If you're going to be heavy handed NFL at least be consistent..

PhantomJB93
11-22-2010, 06:14 PM
What a joke. So it's OK to punch QB's now?

I want to see us cold**** Sanchez in the first series, knock that ****er out.

In fact, designate a S.T. player of the week to punch out every QB we play from now on. Let them play the first series of every game on D, just to go after the other team's QB.

**** you Lord Goodell, there goes any credibility you ever had, Seymour would have been suspended after a $100,000 fine if that was Brady or Peyton.

As ridiculous as that sounds, I agree, we need to like stick it to goodell or something. Hell we should pay our backups under the table for their fines and just send them to f*ck people up at any cost.

Steel_Bus_24
11-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Screw you Goodell....you POS

This is just f****ing absurd.....Had any Steeler done that to that assbag Brady.....they would have been executed on the spot

What a crock of sh**.........I can only hope this helps unify our team even more and we light the league on fire...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9AhAuyn_xOU9OBc9JNppEhDQqrWQW8 kreNoAd0_UAJOcpXh2_

floodcitygirl
11-22-2010, 06:48 PM
The bias in this is incredible! He assaulted a QB AFTER a play! Walking off the field! Ok.....now I'm pissed. :pissed: What possible explanation can he give for this slap on the wrist?!

realdeal
11-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Imagine if James Harrison did that to Justin Bieber, I meanTom Brady. He would have been suspended for 2-4 games!!

This is regodamndiculous!! We have been blackballed by that ballbuster Roger!!

chacha
11-22-2010, 07:06 PM
I just called the NFL offiice and left a message. My boyfirend called next but the office closes at 7 pm. If the ridiculous fines our players has gotten for legit hits didnt convinve me that Goodell doesnt want the Steelers to do well, if the BS calls in the Raider games didnt convince me, well fining a dumb shit only 24k for suckerpunching a QB after a play, and Seymour having no real excuse for even hitting Ben, has convinced me that Goodell and his buddies could care less about our players.

Steeler4life1972
11-22-2010, 07:10 PM
The NFL is getting to be a joke and get ready people you are witnessing the demise of the NFL...trust me it will never been the same!!! This is fukkin' awful...just fine the washed up muthafukker 25,000...pathetic!!!! There is no consistency!!! Enjoy this year while you can because this is the beginning of the end!!!

Steeler4life1972
11-22-2010, 07:14 PM
I just called the NFL offiice and left a message. My boyfirend called next but the office closes at 7 pm. If the ridiculous fines our players has gotten for legit hits didnt convinve me that Goodell doesnt want the Steelers to do well, if the BS calls in the Raider games didnt convince me, well fining a dumb shit only 24k for suckerpunching a QB after a play, and Seymour having no real excuse for even hitting Ben, has convinced me that Goodell and his buddies could care less about our players.

Yes!!! There is a vendetta against us...it was very obvious after yesterday!!! They should fine and suspend refs for bad calls and not the ****in bullshit letter apologizing!!!!

chacha
11-22-2010, 07:17 PM
we all gotta make our voices heard, this is insanity now

Steeler4life1972
11-22-2010, 07:21 PM
I want the rooney's to get involved heavily in this!!!!

jjpro11
11-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Yes!!! There is a vendetta against us...it was very obvious after yesterday!!! They should fine and suspend refs for bad calls and not the ****in bullshit letter apologizing!!!!

They were only doing what their bosses told them to do. It's pretty obvious the targeting we witnessed yesterday was ordered from the higher ups in the league office. Outright disgusting.

mesaSteeler
11-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Goodell's Steeler hatred knows no bounds. He will do anything to hurt us.

PhantomJB93
11-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Its hilarious because up until yesterday I didnt think there was ACTUALLY any conspiracy against us and we were just overreacting a bit, but between the blatantly horrific penalties everytime we so much as touched an offensive player and now this joke of a punishment for Seymour, I actually now think Goodell legitimately is out to get us. It's pathetic and it will be all the more sweeter if we continue to find success in spite of him.

Whodis
11-22-2010, 08:22 PM
To be honest this is what I expected. It has gotten so lopsided other writers are picking up on it. I was happy to see the defense use it as motivation. I say we start hitting like we were at the begining of the season and let the chips fall where they may.

fer522
11-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Imagine if James Harrison did that to Justin Bieber, I meanTom Brady. He would have been suspended for 2-4 games!!

2-4 games!! hell he would have been banned from football

Third Rail
11-22-2010, 08:33 PM
So, just to clarify... helmet to helmet contact will get you suspended... but fist to helmet contact just gets you a slap on the wrist. Okay, got it.

I hope someone punches Roger Goodell today.

SH-Rock
11-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Seymour is so lucky Jack Lambert wasn't playing for the Steelers. Lambert would've just drilled the guy for hitting a fellow teammate and being a Raider

SteelerEmpire
11-22-2010, 08:45 PM
$25,000 ??? Yes it sucks, but that's all the Steelers need to know... ITS ON NOW !!!

fer522
11-22-2010, 08:45 PM
didn't he punched someone from the browns(i think) last year?
if he did doesn't that make him a repeat offender?
and the fine is only 25000, WTF? :mad: :banging: :mad: :banging: :mad:

SH-Rock
11-22-2010, 08:47 PM
$25,000 ??? Yes it sucks, but that's all the Steelers need to know... ITS ON NOW !!!

Week in and Week out the Steelers have to just have to play their hardest and become the ultimate team to prove to the NFL that they are not to be messed with.

Merchant
11-22-2010, 09:12 PM
I like it. Gives the team an "us against the world" mentality. BRING IT.

MikeHaullace
11-22-2010, 09:16 PM
I like it. Gives the team an "us against the world" mentality. BRING IT.

I am MikeHaullace, and I support this message. :tt03:

F^%k Roger Goodell.

drucifer
11-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Time to unleash hell?

SH-Rock
11-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Time to unleash hell?

Here in uh december

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-22-2010, 09:34 PM
So, just to clarify... helmet to helmet contact will get you suspended... but fist to helmet contact just gets you a slap on the wrist. Okay, got it.

I hope someone punches Roger Goodell today.

No no no. This wasn't fist to helmet contact....this was fist to jaw contact. This is the same thing LeGarrette Blount was suspended an entire college season for (even if that suspension was cut).

gameface75
11-22-2010, 09:38 PM
I would bet my left ball ,that this balless s.o.b goodell will slap James Harrison with a major fine for the hit he put on campbell.This asshole (goodell) has a royal hard on for the steelers players .Its time for the Rooney s to call this jagoff and find out what his f_ _ _ _ _n problem is with the Steelers!

TRH
11-22-2010, 10:51 PM
honest to god, are you kidding me??
I just wondering if part of this message is meant for Pittsburgh.
Meaning....if he smacked/punched a different player on another team (a NE player, maybe??), whomever, he would have got socked with a 75K, 100K fine. But since it was a Pittsburgh player, only 25K and no suspension.
Wow.......i'm convinced at this point there is no question that the league has it out for Pittsburgh and that the worst "sportsmanship" is not to be found on the field, but is in the NFL headquarter offices. Real true scumbags.

Where's the fines on the refs for their atrocious performance or whatever it was you would call that?

madtowndrunkard
11-22-2010, 11:14 PM
:rofl:

I didn't even think Goodell would have the balls to pull this. Conspiracy theorists will have a hey day with this one. I don't even want to hear the explanation.

I now understand completely. I hope our players hear this loud and clear. No more crying. I hope not a single player on this team acknowledges any of it. " Ben....what do you think about the punch you took to the face and the punishment handed down?" ....asks reporter. Ben answers...." I don't know what you are talking about. My focus is on the Bills"

Tomlin..... "what punch?" "Who's Goodell?" " this team is focused on the Bills - Period.

The next game vs the Ravens I want to see Casey Hampton punch Joe Flacco right in the head. I mean a good blind side shot to the skull knocking him into next week. I'm thinking Casey Hampton should be the guy to do it. He's got no record. What's a 25K fine? Small price to pay to lock up the division.

If this doesn't motivate our team to band together and play flawless football, then nothing will. This could be the very thing we need as a team. It's us against the world.

tony hipchest
11-23-2010, 12:52 AM
dick seemore = roid rage.

test him and suspend his ass!

ZoneBlitzer
11-23-2010, 01:12 AM
OMG. This is an outrage - a blatant outrage and a travesty. Here is the NFL going on and on about player safety and blows to the head along with protecting QB's and then they get it all in one play outside of the boundary of play! Yet still, it is not deemed offensive nor heavily fined?

WHAT A JOKE.

He should have gotten 250k and at least a 2 game suspension for that hit if we're playing by their rules.

But no, the NFL has a different set of rules when it comes to the Steelers. That's plain and simple. I am absolutely speechless...speechless.

Could you imagine the outrage had this been Brady? What if Ben got seriously hurt? Ben has had concussions before as well. Is it good for the league to condone this which is what they've done with such a paltry fine? (I guess I'm not speechless...) Also, there's been a lot of scuffling between the play this year. It's almost turning into hockey out there. Is this something that they want to see more of?

Unbelievable. Lineman tees off on star QB and gets didly squat.

TRH
11-23-2010, 08:15 AM
[
The next game vs the Ravens I want to see Casey Hampton punch Joe Flacco right in the head. I mean a good blind side shot to the skull knocking him into next week. I'm thinking Casey Hampton should be the guy to do it. He's got no record. What's a 25K fine? Small price to pay to lock up the division.
QUOTE]

Nope. You don't want that. Hamptons fine would guaranteed be in the 50-100K range.
Sound unfair? Yep. But thats the way it would go down, no question.

mikegrimey
11-23-2010, 08:22 AM
It's an atroscity that Woodley was fined half of that for a hit that happened between the whistles to Tom Brady and Harrison got fined 4X's as much for a hit between the whistles on Massoqui and that Harrison was again fined just as much for a hit that happened between the whistles on Drew Brees.

What Seymour did was outisde of the game and blatantly unsportsmanlike. As others have mentioned, had it been James Harrison throwing a fist at Jason Campbell, the league woudln't even have to think before suspending him. This is how you define hypocrisy.

BigRick
11-23-2010, 09:42 AM
It's an atroscity that Woodley was fined half of that for a hit that happened between the whistles to Tom Brady and Harrison got fined 4X's as much for a hit between the whistles on Massoqui and that Harrison was again fined just as much for a hit that happened between the whistles on Drew Brees.

What Seymour did was outisde of the game and blatantly unsportsmanlike. As others have mentioned, had it been James Harrison throwing a fist at Jason Campbell, the league woudln't even have to think before suspending him. This is how you define hypocrisy.

This is terrible!!! A legal hit draws a 75K fine, but a cheap shot from a washed up ***** gets 25K. This is pure bullshit! :banging:

CargoJon
11-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Just imagine if Seymour had popped Brady or P Manning. He'd be drawn and quartered by the league at halftime of Super Bowl XLIV.

Ben gets 4 games for questionable accusations from gold digging ho's and Seymour gets a half a game for punching a guy in the face in front of 60,000 people and millions of TV viewers.

Goodell is a pile of steaming high shit.

Atlanta Dan
11-23-2010, 08:53 PM
The bogus calls against the Steelers on Sunday and Seymour slugging Roethlisberger while only drawing 1/3 of the fine Goodell whacked Harrison with may have created a tipping point with members of the media other than Goodell's amen chorus of Saint Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison

This from Peter King

How utterly ridiculous is it that James Harrison makes a football act and gets fined $75,000, and Richard Seymour, despite whatever happened to provoke him, slugs a player on national TV in full view of the cameras and knocks him to the ground -- and gets fined $25,000. Weak. Very weak.:thumbsup:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/23/nfl-week-12-mailbag/index.html?eref=sihp

casteeler
11-24-2010, 08:50 AM
It probably won't be any consolation but I've been wearing full steeler gear everyday here in northern cal and had several f*# you and who wants to help this stupid steeler fan and offered a smile and " 35-3 you piece of sh*# raider fans"

steelcity1974
11-24-2010, 11:33 AM
All of these things, the fines, terrible ref calls, and the love fest over Ben for being punched, are only bringing this team closer together. The NE loss was a big wake up call, and the response against the Raiders was a classic @$$ whipping. We beat the refs AND the Raiders in that one. I think all this crap is putting a chip on the shoulder of our guys...and I wouldn't be surprised if we go on a historic run here.

steelerchad
11-24-2010, 11:42 AM
[
QUOTE]

Nope. You don't want that. Hamptons fine would guaranteed be in the 50-100K range.
Sound unfair? Yep. But thats the way it would go down, no question.

How bout we just send WIlliam Gay on a blitz, if he gets there late so be it. Plow the QB anyway. Then help him up and once he's standing deck him with a sucker punch. If Gay does get suspended it would be an added bonus.