PDA

View Full Version : Randle El is on the bench

theplatypus
11-22-2010, 06:02 PM
WR Emmanuel Sanders, a rookie third-round pick, has moved past Antwaan Randle El into the No. 3 wideout spot. Sanders caught his second touchdown pass in two games.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/report/PIT/14338675/steelers-report-strategy-and-personnel?source=rss_teams_Pittsburgh_Steelers

PhantomJB93
11-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Sanders will be better than Wallac or Santonio, bank on it. Been saying it since before the season started, the kid's an effing beast.

MaineSteelerFan
11-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Very nice, put Brown in the 4th spot and get ride a Randle El all together

theplatypus
11-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Sanders will be better than Wallac or Santonio, bank on it. Been saying it since before the season started, the kid's an effing beast.

Barring injury it looks like we're pretty much set at WR for the next couple of years. The speed on the field w/ Wallace, Sanders, and Brown in the game at one time will be nuts.

jjpro11
11-22-2010, 06:09 PM
better than Wallace.. ooh.. i don't know.. if Wallace can nail down the short to immediate routes, he could be as good of a deep threat as Moss was in his prime. if DBs have to start respecting him running slants and curls, his double moves will be downright deadly. Sanders looks great though.. him and Brown will both benefit this team for a long time.

ricardisimo
11-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Brown - not Sanders - took ARE's spot, and it has everything to do with his return skills, not his receiving skills, which are still suspect and a work in progress. I like both of these kids, though. I think we could very well be set at wideout for the foreseeable future.

You're getting ahead of yourself with the Moss comparisons, but homerisms aside, they all look good-to-great.

PhantomJB93
11-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Brown - not Sanders - took ARE's spot, and it has everything to do with his return skills, not his receiving skills, which are still suspect and a work in progress. I like both of these kids, though. I think we could very well be set at wideout for the foreseeable future.

You're getting ahead of yourself with the Moss comparisons, but homerisms aside, they all look good-to-great.

I understand why we'd have Brown returning, but shouldn't both be activated? I dont see why they'd bench Sanders when he's been playing well the last two weeks. I thought they finally realized the best lineup is to have Sanders at 3rd receiver and Brown returning, that's what they did against the Raiders and it worked quite well...

SH-Rock
11-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I understand why we'd have Brown returning, but shouldn't both be activated? I dont see why they'd bench Sanders when he's been playing well the last two weeks. I thought they finally realized the best lineup is to have Sanders at 3rd receiver and Brown returning, that's what they did against the Raiders and it worked quite well...

And the Raiders special teams is one of the best in the league. The amount of special teams points is one of the most in the league.

ricardisimo
11-22-2010, 06:49 PM
All three were activated, but Sanders already was for several weeks now. I guess what I'm saying is that, if Randle El doesn't suit up for the Buffalo game, it will be because of Brown, not Sanders, and specifically because of PR duties. ARE was - let's face it - pathetic in this capacity.

GMU Steeler
11-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Sanders and Brown seem to have been good finds. Like the WRs our scouts have found the past two years. Wallace looks like a future star for sure. Just love his speed. Sometimes his hands aren't teh best but you gotta love the speed he brings. Sanders looks like a good receiver too. Haven't seen a lot of Brown's receiving but he looks legit at punt returner.

MasterOfPuppets
11-22-2010, 07:05 PM
randel el is a freakin wuss. brown returned 7 punts for a 9 yd average. el comes in for 1 and calls for a fair catch before its even left the punters foot. what i don't get is the way tomlin talks about "play makers" , but lets the wuss call for fair catches for 9 freakin games...:banging:

ricardisimo
11-22-2010, 07:21 PM
MoP! Where the hell have you been?

MasterOfPuppets
11-22-2010, 07:28 PM
MoP! Where the hell have you been?
hunkered down on a grassy knoll waiting for a good shot ar arians.

http://happybrainstorm.com/wp-includes/images/1155431705sniper.jpg

mikegrimey
11-22-2010, 07:36 PM
You gotta wonder why it took so long.

Sanders has looked okay out there. He gives a spark that Randle El doesn't have. He had me shaking my head when he let that pass fall right through his arms but made up for it later.

ricardisimo
11-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Indeed... Why did it take so long? That is a very good question, whether it's regarding Randle El or a half-dozen similar topics. Tomlin talks a good game regarding accountability, but he doesn't tend to follow through very well.

PhantomJB93
11-22-2010, 08:08 PM
All three were activated, but Sanders already was for several weeks now. I guess what I'm saying is that, if Randle El doesn't suit up for the Buffalo game, it will be because of Brown, not Sanders, and specifically because of PR duties. ARE was - let's face it - pathetic in this capacity.

Oh alright thanks for clarifying...at first you made it sound like Brown was gonna be the 3rd receiver all of a sudden which didn't make sense to me lol, but now I get what you were saying

figg
11-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Brown better stop running wrong routes if he wants to be active on game day.

Fire Arians
11-22-2010, 08:11 PM
about bloody time

tony hipchest
11-22-2010, 08:11 PM
el benched, essex benched, reed fired.

all for performance related issues. :applaudit:

PhantomJB93
11-22-2010, 08:17 PM
EDIT: Oops, accidently posted in the wrong topic...sorry

fer522
11-22-2010, 08:30 PM
hunkered down on a grassy knoll waiting for a good shot ar arians.

http://thumbnails25.imagebam.com/10780/0c677e107793344.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/0c677e107793344)

dont forget about Goodell

mikegrimey
11-22-2010, 08:34 PM
el benched, essex benched, reed fired.

all for performance related issues. :applaudit:

I was stoked to see Essex riding the bench. Only to see him back out there when our inevitable o-line injury happened. I hope we don't have the Scott, Essex, Legursky crew manning the left/middle of our line for much longer.

tony hipchest
11-22-2010, 08:51 PM
i hear ya grimey. that was brutal.

SteelerEmpire
11-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Sanders is more of a Holmes style receiver... in my opinion. He and Wallace just has 2 different styles.... Which equates to being "good".

Merchant
11-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Going with the youth movement at WR eh.

I like it.

I been saying since game 1 - Unless we're running a gadget play, ARE is USELESS. Harsh but true.

madtowndrunkard
11-23-2010, 12:24 AM
better than Wallace.. ooh.. i don't know.. if Wallace can nail down the short to immediate routes, he could be as good of a deep threat as Moss was in his prime. if DBs have to start respecting him running slants and curls, his double moves will be downright deadly. Sanders looks great though.. him and Brown will both benefit this team for a long time.

Wallace will never be as good a deep threat as Moss....let me correct that....Wallace will never be as good a total WR as Moss. As much as I hate Moss let's not be silly. Wallace does not have the size to physically dominate DB's like Moss did. If Wallace doesn't run by the db he's rarely going to use his body to make long balls look routine like Moss did.....and Moss dealt with double and triple coverages on a routine basis.

Once Wallace does learn to use his body better and improve his ball skills he'll definitely be a great WR. I think he's still a year away from being one of the best in the league. His speed and motor make him great right now. Once he learns the position the league better watch out. The problem is speed WR's don't usually last long in the NFL. Once they lose a step they aren't so special. He reminds me of the Ram's WR's a while back. Expect Wallace to put up some huge numbers for a short period of time...but don't expect the longevity of a Moss or even a Hines Ward.

lionslicer
11-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Very nice, put Brown in the 4th spot and get ride a Randle El all together

I think Brown needs to work on his hands and route running a bit more, but I'm glad to see him getting in the game during special teams and some pass situations.

stiller39
11-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks El yeah, but we found our receivers and thanks to our coaching staff, have made the necessary transition to them. Go Brown and Sanders along with Ward and Wallace! Great job by the drafting team as they have hit it right. Now if we could do the same with O lineman and some D backs....

MDSteel15
11-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Somebody go get El off the bench and send him to Primanti's and get me a sandwich!

pitt0wns
11-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Wallace owns!

Sanders has potentional but I don't think he'll be a Wallace.

Randle El was never a good receiever he was grabbed by Cowher for punt returns. He is far beyond his time but he can throw a football in a gadget play!

tube517
11-23-2010, 11:55 PM
ARE is good for 9.0 yds receiving (always short of the first down)......200 FC's a year....2.9 avg on PR's

plenewken
11-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Meanwhile, Santonio Holmes laughs his @ss off and racks up yds and TDs with the Jets.

MikeHaullace
11-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Meanwhile, Santonio Holmes laughs his @ss off and racks up yds and TDs with the Jets.

I was fine with the move at the time though thought they should have received a lot more than a 5th round pick for him in return.

In hindsight, I would really like to see a Holmes, Wallace, Ward, Sanders, & Brown 5-wide set.

Fire Arians
11-24-2010, 04:12 PM
I was fine with the move at the time though thought they should have received a lot more than a 5th round pick for him in return.

In hindsight, I would really like to see a Holmes, Wallace, Ward, Sanders, & Brown 5-wide set.

that would be nuts

Pentheon
11-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I like sanders better...he got hands, and hopefully will only get better (which seems true so far this season)

Steelerfreak58
11-24-2010, 06:26 PM
The young ones are learning the receiving corps will only get better. The OL and secondary are of way bigger concerns at this point then anything.

markymarc
11-27-2010, 12:47 AM
IMHO Emmanuel Sanders can be just as good as Mike Wallace. It is very exciting to have Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown on this team. Hopefully Brown and Sanders can both be active on game days going forward.