PDA

View Full Version : Should Steelers retain Ike Taylor and give him a long-term contract?

STEELERSTAR
03-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Should Steelers retain Ike Taylor and give him a long-term contract or give up on him for #4 or #29 overall draft pick?

Koopa
03-28-2006, 10:49 PM
yes, we have to keep him, he'll be cheaper then a fourth round pick, he knows the system, he's young and is still getting better, we probably haven't seen the best he can offer us yet. i hope ike shows the steelers the loyalty the steelers have shown him while he was growing into his own and sticks around long term

clevestinks
03-29-2006, 10:36 AM
I voted to keep him, but the number 4 pick is sweet

Midnightwriter1
03-29-2006, 02:54 PM
maybe his agent will tell him to just wait it out and get the big payday next after next season.

Stlrs4Life
03-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Voted to keep him. Only because I know the #4 pick will never happen.

Mosca
03-29-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm thinking this guy is going to be one of the best DBs in the NFL over the next 5 years. I watched him get better and better with each game.

Tom

SteelerFan1
03-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Didn't you guys see how Cowher was able to man Ike up the opposing team's best recievers no matter where on the field that reciever went? It's not been since Woodson that he's been able to do that! That goes to show that even though he's still young he can hang with the best veteran wide recievers in the game! Imagine what he'll be like in 2 yrs??

You'd never want to trade a shut down corner as extremely rare as they are for an untested draft pick, especially when all the Steelers are doing this year is drafting for deapth.

Plus on top of all that, the Steelers have no need whatsoever to pay the big bucks they would have to for a pick that high. They wouldn't even keep the 4th pick if they got it!