PDA

View Full Version : The Bills (And What Their Fans Are Saying)

SteelerEmpire
11-23-2010, 09:15 AM
These guys look too much like the Patriots (visually) and that in itself tics me off ! We can't let off the gas. The Steelers now has the best momentum in the league after the slaughter of the Raiders ... The type of "beat-down" style game we played the other day against them, THAT should be Steelers style football ! We all know the 'actual' score should have been 56-0 IF those "Make My Day" Refs were not in there. Oakland was one of the hottest Offense's in the NFL, until Sunday evening...

Here's what Bills fans are saying:

"God **** I hope we kick their ****ing asses!!! "

"You dont even TRY to run on this team...you will be playing catch up afer going three and out 5 times straight.

I say open up pass happy with 4-5 wide sets - just wish we had Roscoe, but I think Don will be ok - my only worry about D-Jones is he might fumble against the Steelers.

Teams that have beat Pittsburgh are pass happy attacks - I say we take that appraoch and fully BILLIEVE! Fitz wins us this game and shuts people up..."

"Man I hope the Bills can hang in this game. The Steelers have, without a doubt, the most annoying fans in pro sports. "

LINK: http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=310366

pete74
11-23-2010, 09:23 AM
The Bills are tough. There record dosnt show it but they played tough in all there loses and were in it on most right up until the end

Steelers>NFL
11-23-2010, 09:32 AM
The Bills are tough. There record dosnt show it but they played tough in all there loses and were in it on most right up until the end

As Coach Cowher used to say, there is a fine line between winning and losing football games. Steelers are winning (barely) and the Bills are losing (barely).

JewniorGong
11-23-2010, 10:31 AM
yeah like everybody said, there isn't a whole lot of difference between 7-3 and 2-8 in the NFL anymore. They're competitive every week so it's not like we're going to curbstomp them. Besides, the teams we usually feast on are the ones who rely on a solid rushing attack to set up their offense. This team doesn't really apply.. should be close

Whodis
11-23-2010, 11:20 AM
It's pretty simple. Catch us in the soft coverage nickle, hurry up offense and take it to the red zone. I don't see this game as beeing a blow out.

chacha
11-23-2010, 11:49 AM
the Bills are a good team, with a nice come from behind with with the Bungholes Sunday, We'll still beat em.

StainlessStill
11-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Could be the daunted trap-game coming up, only because of the matchup NEXT week going into Baltimore. Still, after last season and how this team is determined NOT to collapse and stay hungry and poised, we know EVERY AFC matchup is big from here on out in the Conference. Buffalo is an average team, but we are a contending team. No excuse to lose to these guys, but it'll be tough travel. Fitzpatrick could have one of those down days if they are going to come out and zing it. They aren't the Pats and go downfield more often, so I can see us getting to Fitzpatrick, bringing him down, and then pounce on the long ball. Might get another 3-4 turnovers in this one.

biggtee
11-23-2010, 11:55 AM
lol the bills are gonna get pounded out if they think there gonna drop back everytime and try to sling it around like the pats lol fitzpatrick is NOT!!!! BRADY!!!! they might as well make funeral arrangments for fitzpatrick WE ARE NOT CINCY !!!!!!!!! HAVE SOME CONFIDENCE IN YOUR TEAM DAMN U GUYS ARE WORRYING ABOUT THE BILLS? I WANNA SEE WHEN WE GET TO THE RAVENS OR THE JETS

StainlessStill
11-23-2010, 12:08 PM
lol the bills are gonna get pounded out if they think there gonna drop back everytime and try to sling it around like the pats lol fitzpatrick is NOT!!!! BRADY!!!! they might as well make funeral arrangments for fitzpatrick WE ARE NOT CINCY !!!!!!!!! HAVE SOME CONFIDENCE IN YOUR TEAM DAMN U GUYS ARE WORRYING ABOUT THE BILLS? I WANNA SEE WHEN WE GET TO THE RAVENS OR THE JETS

Relax dude, if there is any fan-base who has confidence in their team, it's Steelers fans. We are pointing out the mere FACT that the Bills lost to Miami by 5; to New England by 8; Jags by 10; Baltimore by 3; KC by 3; & Chi by 3. That's 6 of their 8 loss's decided by 10-5 points or less.

2010 is the year of ANY GIVEN SUNDAY. Look at the score-board weekly. Bad teams beat good teams on consistent basis's and Buffalo can put the points up so there's no question we can't take this team lightly no matter how confident we are as Steelers fans.

biggtee
11-23-2010, 12:13 PM
i understand what your saying but dude we are non of those teams they are gonna get pounded out plain and simple no miracles non of that fairytale stuff its gonna be a old fashion ass whipping!!!!!!

StainlessStill
11-23-2010, 12:16 PM
dudewe are non of those teams they are gonna get pounded out plain and simple no miracles non of that fairytale stuff its gonna be a old fashion ass whipping!!!!!!

I hope you're right but don't set yourself up for a letdown. The Steelers historically are a team that plays down to their competition so I'm not going in expecting a blow-out & it would be nice to see another THROTTLE but anyone who watch's the Steelers know they are a grind it out team built to win close games. We'll see. I say Pittsburgh by 17.

biggtee
11-23-2010, 12:30 PM
i agree with u but i just cant see the bills scoring more then 10 or 13 pts max! i just believe our D will shut them down and punish fitzpatrick i hope im right too lol

Steelerfreak58
11-23-2010, 01:56 PM

This guy has been watching. The Bills are no joke they have been in fighting to the wire in all of there games pretty much.

MDSteel15
11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't care who we play we have to come to play like this past game or WE WILL LOSE!!! Any given Sunday...... :banging:

Rotorhead
11-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Well one good thing is I don't think Fitzy has seen a Lebeau defense yet, so we can still confuse the crap out of him. I just hope our Def gameplan includes blitzes (unlike when we played the pats and forgot to brink out blitz package out of the locker room). I hope Arians builds on this game and doesn't out think himself as well. I am glad our shuffling OL will get another week to play together before they get really challenged by Baltimore. We really need that bye to get healthy.

TRH
11-23-2010, 04:02 PM
i'm hoping too that LeBeau uses confusing schemes and blitzes to good effect.
I suspect that the Bills will be passing as much as, if not more than Brady. Be ready for it.

Third Rail
11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah, but the good news is that Fitz, while a much better QB than most people thought, tends to turn the ball over a lot when they let him air it out. He had 4 TDs this week, but also 2 picks. Our secondary hasn't been great this season, so that is a concern, but we have been getting more interceptions and fumble recoveries than last year. So if we can win the turnover battle, then we should be okay. I think our offense will show up; the Bills defense isn't that good. We should be able to win this game - and possibly dominate - if we can play as focused as we did this week.

mikegrimey
11-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Buffalo has the potential to be a trap game for us. They have played our other AFC North brethren down to the bone thus far taking the Ravens into OT on their home turf and coming back from 17 down to end up thrashing the Bengals.

Like some others have mentioned I think defensively we can do some good things against Fitz, but I hope our secondary doesn't have a meltdown anytmime soon, if we get enough pressure on Fitz we're golden.

On the flip side of the ball, here's a great chance for Arians to redeem himself. Buffalo is ranked last in the league in rush defense, it would be prudent of us to try and ram it down their throats with good balance as often as possible. We ran on that one long drive agains the Raiders but after that seemed to fade away in that aspect of the game (until much later when the Raiders had given up). If we can run on Buf, like we should, Ben should have no problem being able to spread the ball around to Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Heath etc.

This is an important game to win before the showdown with the Ravens, if we can take this victory we have a great shot at winning 11 games.

MikeHaullace
11-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Well one good thing is I don't think Fitzy has seen a Lebeau defense yet, so we can still confuse the crap out of him. .

I'm convinced that, if you just abandon a balanced offensive attack and go about 65-70% in the air, mostly 3-5 yard routes, middle of the field, you're going to march down the field against the Steelers D, almost. every. drive. Whether you get 3 or 7, dink-and-dunk is LeBeau's zones' kryptonite.

This seems to be Billy Cheat's game-plan, at least. :noidea:

BillsfanAZ
11-23-2010, 05:34 PM
These guys look too much like the Patriots (visually) and that in itself tics me off ! We can't let off the gas. The Steelers now has the best momentum in the league after the slaughter of the Raiders ... The type of "beat-down" style game we played the other day against them, THAT should be Steelers style football ! We all know the 'actual' score should have been 56-0 IF those "Make My Day" Refs were not in there. Oakland was one of the hottest Offense's in the NFL, until Sunday evening...

Here's what Bills fans are saying:

"God **** I hope we kick their ****ing asses!!! "

"You dont even TRY to run on this team...you will be playing catch up afer going three and out 5 times straight.

I say open up pass happy with 4-5 wide sets - just wish we had Roscoe, but I think Don will be ok - my only worry about D-Jones is he might fumble against the Steelers.

Teams that have beat Pittsburgh are pass happy attacks - I say we take that appraoch and fully BILLIEVE! Fitz wins us this game and shuts people up..."

"Man I hope the Bills can hang in this game. The Steelers have, without a doubt, the most annoying fans in pro sports. "

LINK: http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=310366

I think you picked one of the worst quotes to show what Bills fans are thinking. We know what the score is. The Bills are not a playoff contender this year but they play hard the whole game. The Steelers are a better team with a much better defense. If the Steelers defense can get pressure on Fitz, then it will be a tough day full of dumps, quick passes, and not a lot of points. If the Steelers cant get to Fitz, your corners are not going to be able to cover the Bills WR's. Fitz converted 14 of 18 third downs against the Bears or something like that. On the flip side, the Bills defense has been horrible but they do step to get some stops. Everyone has been able to run on the Bills so I dont see that changing. The Bills secondary is better than most people think but the Dline is inconsistent with the pass rush. I hope the Bills can keep it close and I am not expecting a win, but you never know. Just depends on what team shows up on Sunday.

longhorn
11-23-2010, 05:37 PM
i agree with u but i just cant see the bills scoring more then 10 or 13 pts max! i just believe our D will shut them down and punish fitzpatrick i hope im right too lol

You do realize the Bills have scored 30 (@ NE), 14 (NYJ), 26 (JAX), 34 (@ BAL), 10 (@ KC), 19 (CHI), 14 (DET), and 49 (@ CIN) since Ryan Fitzpatrick took over?

Saying that the BIlls may score "10 or 13 points max" is some very wishful thinking IMO. They torched your division-mates for 34 and 49 points on the road.

It should be a close game.

SteelCityMom
11-23-2010, 06:19 PM
You do realize the Bills have scored 30 (@ NE), 14 (NYJ), 26 (JAX), 34 (@ BAL), 10 (@ KC), 19 (CHI), 14 (DET), and 49 (@ CIN) since Ryan Fitzpatrick took over?

Saying that the BIlls may score "10 or 13 points max" is some very wishful thinking IMO. They torched your division-mates for 34 and 49 points on the road.

Cincy sucks ass and the Ravens D has been letting up boatloads of points to a lot of teams lately.

It could really go either way though. It depends on which D shows up. The fired up one we saw this past week, or the tired one we saw against the Pats.

More likely than not though, expect 20 or less. Outside of the Pats game (which, let's face it...Fitz is no Brady) that's pretty much been the norm all year.

Points the Steelers have allowed...9 (Atl.) 11 (Tenn) 13 (TB) 17 (Balt) 10 (Cle) 22 (Mia) 20 (NO) 21 (Cincy) 39 (NE) 3 (Oak). It would seem it takes a pretty special team to put up the kinds of numbers you are talking about.

If the Bills can do it, I'll give my kudos...but I just don't see it happening. And if it's a close game, there's a good chance it'll be a low-scoring close game.

SteelCityMom
11-23-2010, 07:14 PM
42 guests looking at this thread? Daaammmn Bills fans lol.

And yes, I'm guilty of looking at your board too. This little gem is by far my favorite.

I think the Bills need to be prepared for some ugly dirty cheap shot football. A member of my household is a Steeler fan so I follow them a bit. I think that our players having each other's backs, keeping their heads, and protecting the QB from blatant intent to cause serious injury in spite of penalties and fines will be key to staying in this game.

I withhold any direct judgement on the Steelers deliberately "on the edge" play, and I need not name names or cite examples, you are all too familiar I am sure. I think that kind of play has it's own consequences for those that choose that path, and those consequences are not good and often lasting.

I'm just sayin, Bills: Be ready, be safe, be the players you know that you are. Play Bills football, play your game, your way, and all will be right and good.

Yes, be ready to protect your QB from Harrison using body weight to tackle Fitz and Woodley bumping into him. :sofunny:

What a pansy post.

MDSteel15
11-23-2010, 07:35 PM

And yes, I'm guilty of looking at your board too. This little gem is by far my favorite.

Yes, be ready to protect your QB from Harrison using body weight to tackle Fitz and Woodley bumping into him. :sofunny:

What a pansy post.

They seem to forget the way they played in the early 90s with Talley, Smith and Kelso! Mark Kelso had that big bubble head helmet that he used because he led with the helmet 1 too mant times!!! :banging:

BillsfanAZ
11-23-2010, 08:03 PM

What a pansy post.

As a Bills fan that post is embarrassing. I am sure if you look at the rest of the Bills board there are better posts.

ricardisimo
11-23-2010, 08:09 PM
I cannot stress this enough, people: we are easily beating all of the teams that we are supposed to be beating. We've lost to a very good Patriots team that seems to have our number; to the reigning champs; and a heartbreaker to the Rats without Ben. Other than that, we've been pretty much spanking everyone.

We will not lose to the Bills. I'm not sure what benefit there is in stressing each other out over that sort of improbability. All of you Debbie Downers and worry warts can sit on your hands for another week.

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 09:00 PM
I cannot stress this enough, people: we are easily beating all of the teams that we are supposed to be beating. We've lost to a very good Patriots team that seems to have our number; to the reigning champs; and a heartbreaker to the Rats without Ben. Other than that, we've been pretty much spanking everyone.

We will not lose to the Bills. I'm not sure what benefit there is in stressing each other out over that sort of improbability. All of you Debbie Downers and worry warts can sit on your hands for another week.

We are going to win this Sunday

I guarantee it

Fitzpatrick again with some crazy Fantasy numbers makes a strong push for the Pro Bowl with his virtuoso performance.

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
11-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Could be the daunted trap-game coming up, only because of the matchup NEXT week going into Baltimore. Still, after last season and how this team is determined NOT to collapse and stay hungry and poised, we know EVERY AFC matchup is big from here on out in the Conference. Buffalo is an average team, but we are a contending team. No excuse to lose to these guys, but it'll be tough travel. Fitzpatrick could have one of those down days if they are going to come out and zing it. They aren't the Pats and go downfield more often, so I can see us getting to Fitzpatrick, bringing him down, and then pounce on the long ball. Might get another 3-4 turnovers in this one.

After last season, and our five game midseason slump (Cincy, KC, Rats, Raiders and the Browns), Tomlin had BETTER remind the boys not to overlook anyone!

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 09:48 PM
After last season, and our five game midseason slump (Cincy, KC, Rats, Raiders and the Browns), Tomlin had BETTER remind the boys not to overlook anyone!

Theyre going to re-name the team, Fitzburgh after he puts up 4tds this week

SteelCityMom
11-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Theyre going to re-name the team, Fitzburgh after he puts up 4tds this week

Be careful what you wish for...those 4 TD's might be to Troy Polamalu and James Harrison. :wink02:

And I have to ask...are you always this co.cky...or is this just some sort of high you're riding after spanking the Bungles and barely beating the Lions?

tony hipchest
11-23-2010, 09:58 PM

We will not lose to the Bills. I'm not sure what benefit there is in stressing each other out over that sort of improbability. All of you Debbie Downers and worry warts can sit on your hands for another week.i agree. all the babies who are preparing for a loss and still no sold on the steelers defense are growing rather tiresome and a bore.

as if being enthusiastic about your team heading into a game is a sin. :rolleyes:

unless the opponent is one of the very best in the league, i expect to win every game with dominance and ease, as we are one of the best in the league and should expect no less.

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Be careful what you wish for...those 4 TD's might be to Troy Polamalu and James Harrison. :wink02:

And I have to ask...are you always this co.cky...or is this just some sort of high you're riding after spanking the Bungles and barely beating the Lions?

Nah, I just feel we are finally coming together. After I don't know how many years

I haven't been this excited in ages.

We all know your secondary is as good as our D-Line. Have fun trying to cover Steve Johnson and Evans. Our O-Line is pretty damn good too...they are finally opening holes and giving Fitz time, don't think Harrison, Woodley, Farrior are going to do much to Fitz.

I've been watching the Steelers a lot. This Semester my girl dumped me so I dropped out of colleged and moved to another city to live with a buddy of mine for a couple of months...most people in Mexico are Steeler fans god knows why and he has Sunday Ticket. Your Offense is nothing to write home about...even with Ben.

tony hipchest
11-23-2010, 10:22 PM
its true. cowboys may supposedly be "amercias team" (we all know its the steelers), but the steelers definitely are Mexicos team.

its probably their way of sticking it to farging texas, and rooting for the rival that humiliated dallas' ass twice in the SB.

Fire Arians
11-23-2010, 10:26 PM
We are going to win this Sunday

I guarantee it

Fitzpatrick again with some crazy Fantasy numbers makes a strong push for the Pro Bowl with his virtuoso performance.

ok there anthony smith, i hope your 2-8 team comes into this game as overconfident as you are lol.

SteelCityMom
11-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Nah, I just feel we are finally coming together. After I don't know how many years

I haven't been this excited in ages.

We all know your secondary is as good as our D-Line. Have fun trying to cover Steve Johnson and Evans. Our O-Line is pretty damn good too...they are finally opening holes and giving Fitz time, don't think Harrison, Woodley, Farrior are going to do much to Fitz.

I've been watching the Steelers a lot. This Semester my girl dumped me so I dropped out of colleged and moved to another city to live with a buddy of mine for a couple of months...most people in Mexico are Steeler fans god knows why and he has Sunday Ticket. Your Offense is nothing to write home about...even with Ben.

I really hate to have to be the one to break this to you...but the Bills offense is even worse than the Steelers.

You're just really, really overconfident for a fan of a 2-8 team with a QB who has a passer rating of just over 88 and one of the worst defenses in the league. :noidea:

I'll admit, the Bills might win...but if the Steelers were 2-8 (with those two wins coming from the Bungles and the Lions), I doubt I...or any other Steelers fan, would be guaranteeing wins or anything lol.

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 10:32 PM
its true. cowboys may supposedly be "amercias team" (we all know its the steelers), but the steelers definitely are Mexicos team.

its probably their way of sticking it to farging texas, and rooting for the rival that humiliated dallas' ass twice in the SB.

A lot of people root for Dallas too...I'd say those are the most followed teams in Mexico. Dallas and the Steelers.

I root for Buffalo because I'm American from Rochester, NY. My family moved to Mexico when I was 3 years old but I remember every year going to a couple games in December during Christmas vacations.

Hahaha yesterday I went back to College to get all the paperwork ready for next semester and I was sporting my Bills jersey. Some guy yelled "Your team sucks". And I said "Hell, you are not even American there's no NFL here go watch Mexican soccer"

ricardisimo
11-23-2010, 10:35 PM

Latinos just have better taste than the average gŁero. Not all of them, of course, as MexicanBillBacker proves.:sombrero:

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 10:35 PM
I really hate to have to be the one to break this to you...but the Bills offense is even worse than the Steelers.

WHAAAT?

Bills offense is the 2nd best in 3rd down conversions and the best offense in the NFL in the red zone.

Look it up ;)

ricardisimo
11-23-2010, 10:37 PM
WHAAAT?

Bills offense is the 2nd best in 3rd down conversions and the best offense in the NFL in the red zone.

Look it up ;)
What matters? How about points/game: Steelers 13th, Bills 21st. How about yards/game? Steelers win there as well. When they start handing out points for each 3rd down conversion, we'll revisit this topic.

And by the way, I did look it up... Bills are 9th (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STAT S&archive=false&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&d-447263-s=DOWN_3RD_PERCENTAGE&d-447263-n=1&season=2010&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=2&role=TM&d-447263-p=1) in 3rd down conversion rate. Nice try though.

tony hipchest
11-23-2010, 10:38 PM
A lot of people root for Dallas too...I'd say those are the most followed teams in Mexico. Dallas and the Steelers.

"

pretty much the same here in new mexico. dallas is #1, but #2 definitely has to be the steelers because of all the people who hate dallas.

anyways thats pretty funny even the people in mexico know the bills suck.

dont feel bad though. im sure they all know the bungles suck 10X worse.

Latinos just have better taste than the average gŁero. Not all of them, of course, as MexicanBillBacker proves. :sombrero:

:rofl:

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 10:38 PM

Mexicanos root for the Steelers because when Mexican TV started showing the NFL in the 70's the Steelers were scary good.

steelerchad
11-23-2010, 10:43 PM
WHAAAT?

Look it up ;)

A lot of late mop up 1st downs and TD's against prevent defenses while you were playing from behind. Your D is so bad you almost immediately have to start airing it out to play catch up.

tony hipchest
11-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Mexicanos root for the Steelers because when Mexican TV started showing the NFL in the 70's the Steelers were scary good.yep.

dallas pgh and raiders dominated the airwaves. raider also have a huge latino following (especially in LA)

SteelCityMom
11-23-2010, 10:46 PM
WHAAAT?

Look it up ;)

They're slightly better at 3rd down conversions, but that might be because the Steelers are getting 8.3 yds per play and the Bills are only getting 6.5 yds per play. The Steelers 1st down percentage is higher as well.

Steelers turnover percentage is +10 as well....so you're not going to win off of mistakes (most likely).

Where do you find red zone efficiency? I can't find it for the life of me.

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 10:49 PM
A lot of late mop up 1st downs and TD's against prevent defenses while you were playing from behind. Your D is so bad you almost immediately have to start airing it out to play catch up.

No mop up, no prevent defenses, no garbage time TD's. Someone hasn't been watching.

Every game has come down to the wire except for 2...And one of those Trent Edwards was the QB way back in week 1.

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 10:50 PM
pretty much the same here in new mexico. dallas is #1, but #2 definitely has to be the steelers because of all the people who hate dallas.

anyways thats pretty funny even the people in mexico know the bills suck.

dont feel bad though. im sure they all know the bungles suck 10X worse.

:rofl:

Hahahah did you minor in Mexican studies?

Fire Arians
11-23-2010, 10:55 PM
you know what 'bills' stands for?

Boy I Love Losing Superbowls

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 10:56 PM
you know what 'bills' stands for?

Boy I Love Losing Superbowls

That's not fair...the NFC was much better back then. I didn't see the Steelers do much better during that time to defend AFC pride

tony hipchest
11-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Hahahah did you minor in Mexican studies?

im from the jornada del muerto... i practically teach it.

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 11:02 PM
im from the jornada del muerto... i practically teach it.

Do you have any Mexican blood?

Here's a cool story about where I live.

This weekend drug dealers went up to a 77 year old man's ranch and basically told him to get out or they'd kill him. He was like **** no...amassed some weaponry and when the drug dealers came back to get him he killed like 7 drug dealers before he was kille in the shootout.

tony hipchest
11-23-2010, 11:02 PM
That's not fair...the NFC was much better back then. I didn't see the Steelers do much better during that time to defend AFC pridewhile they lost, they didnt get stomped by the cowboys in the sb. :noidea:

bills were one of my favorite non steeler teams back then.

i was still proud of the steelers. i was hugely disappointed in that great bills crew. :banging:

SteelCityMom
11-23-2010, 11:03 PM
That's not fair...the NFC was much better back then. I didn't see the Steelers do much better during that time to defend AFC pride

Hahaha...come on. That's pretty good though. :chuckle:

Yeah, the Steelers lost their only trip to the SB in the '90's...but even despite some pretty bad years, since '72 they've never, never been worse than 5-11 (once...6-10 twice...7-9 three times).

And believe me...I really wish they'd beaten the Cowboys too!

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Hahaha...come on. That's pretty good though. :chuckle:

Yeah, the Steelers lost their only trip to the SB in the '90's...but even despite some pretty bad years, since '72 they've never, never been worse than 5-11 (once...6-10 twice...7-9 three times).

And believe me...I really wish they'd beaten the Cowboys too!

Steelers are pretty cool, the one's I've met traveling to Buffalo are awesome and don't cause any trouble.

I just don't like Roethlisberger

tony hipchest
11-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Do you have any Mexican blood?

Here's a cool story about where I live.

This weekend drug dealers went up to a 77 year old man's ranch and basically told him to get out or they'd kill him. He was like **** no...amassed some weaponry and when the drug dealers came back to get him he killed like 7 drug dealers before he was kille in the shootout.

no... my daughter is part mexican though, if that counts.

i live kinda close to juarez (see my thread in the "locker room") so i follow the stories like the one you just cited kinda closely. sad, but good for the old man. its messed up down there.

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 11:11 PM
no... my daughter is part mexican though, if that counts.

i live kinda close to juarez (see my thread in the "locker room") so i follow the stories like the one you just cited kinda closely. sad, but good for the old man. its messed up down there.

I'm half Italian and half Mexican(mom's Mexican)

Yeah its crazy how a city can go to the shitter in just a couple of years. A couple of years ago you could go anywhere in Monterrey, party, go anywhere in the city at any hour.

Now its all ****ed.

Fire Arians
11-23-2010, 11:21 PM
well i did like watching thurman thomas back in the day, dude was badass

GMU Steeler
11-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Quick question for any of the visiting Bills fans. The OT you guys drafted from Virginia Tech, Ed Wang. I kinda knew him back in the late 90's since his folks and my dad worked together and I met him at a party thrown for the employees. Just wondering if he's starting. Rooting for the guy like I do many Northern Virginia products but Wang's the first NFL player I can actually say I've met. Hope we win on Sunday of course but I have nothing against the Bills. Too bad you guys didn't beat the Ravens for us but you gave a great effort and I know for a fact put a scare in to their fans at least.

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Quick question for any of the visiting Bills fans. The OT you guys drafted from Virginia Tech, Ed Wang. I kinda knew him back in the late 90's since his folks and my dad worked together and I met him at a party thrown for the employees. Just wondering if he's starting. Rooting for the guy like I do many Northern Virginia products but Wang's the first NFL player I can actually say I've met. Hope we win on Sunday of course but I have nothing against the Bills. Too bad you guys didn't beat the Ravens for us but you gave a great effort and I know for a fact put a scare in to their fans at least.

He got injured in training camp but is a very promising prospect for the future ;)

GMU Steeler
11-23-2010, 11:35 PM
He got injured in training camp but is a very promising prospect for the future ;)

Thanks, man. I hope he works out for you guys. Didn't really know him too well because of different schools and my dad stopped working where his parents did right around high school but I just remember how the whole family made mine look small and my dad, younger brother, and myself are heh over 6 foot. I also rememebr going to dinner at their house one time and eating jelly fish. Thanks again. He's a good dude.

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks, man. I hope he works out for you guys. Didn't really know him too well because of different schools and my dad stopped working where his parents did right around high school but I just remember how the whole family made mine look small and my dad, younger brother, and myself are heh over 6 foot. I also rememebr going to dinner at their house one time and eating jelly fish. Thanks again. He's a good dude.

Yeah...pretty surprising they got so big. His family all being Chinese

MexicanBillBacker
11-23-2010, 11:40 PM
I also rememebr going to dinner at their house one time and eating jelly fish. Thanks again. He's a good dude.

How's that taste?

GMU Steeler
11-23-2010, 11:42 PM
How's that taste?

It's been nearly twelve years so I don't really remember. I don't remember it being particularly nasty though. Of course, it wasn't particularly delicious either. It was weird though since being a huge beach goer I was so used to seeing those things in the ocean.

BillsfanAZ
11-24-2010, 01:27 AM
well i did like watching thurman thomas back in the day, dude was badass

thurmanator was the man. Oh the good old days. hopefully the Bills are building something that will can contend next season.

SoCalFan
11-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Ya,maybe they can make it to the superbowl,AND LOSE AGAIN!!!

biggtee
11-24-2010, 11:54 AM

KC,JAX,DET,CIN,ETC lol. Dont compare our D with those teams and WHO the hell is Ryan fitzpatrick you guys are acting like were going up against peyton or brady lol There getting pounded out plain and simple have some confidence!
STEELERS BY 20 EASY!!!

MexicanBillBacker
11-24-2010, 05:02 PM
KC,JAX,DET,CIN,ETC lol. Dont compare our D with those teams and WHO the hell is Ryan fitzpatrick you guys are acting like were going up against peyton or brady lol There getting pounded out plain and simple have some confidence!
STEELERS BY 20 EASY!!!

We have one of the most dynamic passing offenses in the league. Expect most of the game playing spread.

Bills by 10

Happy Thanksgiving

rbryan
11-24-2010, 05:06 PM
We have one of the most dynamic passing offenses in the league. Expect most of the game playing spread.

Bills by 10

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope springs eternal in the hearts of all good men. Bills are still not mathimatically eliminated from the playoffs yet either.

Happy Turkey Day.

PhantomJB93
11-24-2010, 05:08 PM
it will be closer than people think, the Bills are playing better football than their record indicates. Fitzpatrick and his receivers are getting the job done, but even though our secondary isnt always reliable I dont think Fitzpatrick can put on a show like Brady or Brees.

Steelers by 10, but with only a 3-7 point lead for a majority of the game

biggtee
11-25-2010, 09:26 AM

Bills by 10

Happy Thanksgiving

Bring back Kelly ,Thomas and all those other fools that always choke and like an atheist you still don't have a prayer STEELERS BY 20 EASY!!!! Happy thanksgiving!

Rick5895
11-26-2010, 07:18 AM
We have to get out big early, with Arians running the offense that concerns me. If we let Buffalo hang around we will be in trouble.

MexicanBillBacker
11-27-2010, 01:11 AM
We have to get out big early, with Arians running the offense that concerns me. If we let Buffalo hang around we will be in trouble.

Brothers

I'm drinking bacardi with my buddies...just about to leave for a club. One of the best clubs around 1000 dollar mohet bottlle.

Sunday is my superbowl I'm having a barbecue...Tons of booze and carne asada

Man I wanna beat the steelers

Take care and happy holidays

ricardisimo
11-27-2010, 01:46 AM
Brothers

I'm drinking bacardi with my buddies...just about to leave for a club. One of the best clubs around 1000 dollar mohet bottlle.

Sunday is my superbowl I'm having a barbecue...Tons of booze and carne asada

Man I wanna beat the steelers

Take care and happy holidays
Have a cuba libre on me. Good luck (you'll need it).