PDA

View Full Version : Smith updates?

Rotorhead
11-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Has anyone seen any updates on Smith? If he is coming along, then I would think our teams would be fighting tooth and nail for that first round bye (well they should be anyway to try to get a bit more healthy).

rbryan
11-23-2010, 05:32 PM
I've wondering the same thing. I noticed they had him listed on the injury report as if he were week to week, but all you hear is that theres a good chance he's done for the year.

Merchant
11-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I read somewhere that he hopes to be back for the Carolina game.

rbryan
11-23-2010, 05:37 PM
That would be awsome news

MDSteel15
11-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Dear God, please help Aaron Smith, the best 3-4 DE in the game heal quickly so that he may assist in getting your team (the Pittsburgh Steelers) to yet another Super Bowl victory! Especially this year where we can take a huge poop on the star in Dallas!!! All Hail Our Lord and Art Rooney, Amen....

Whodis
11-23-2010, 08:00 PM
I read that Keisel should be back Sunday. That will be a lift.

MDSteel15
11-23-2010, 08:02 PM
He was supposed to be back this past weekend but was held out...

lionslicer
11-23-2010, 09:01 PM
If he's good by the playoffs that would be good news, but I think he'll be in 2 or 3 of the last games of the season

fer522
11-23-2010, 09:58 PM
If he's good by the playoffs that would be good news, but I think he'll be in 2 or 3 of the last games of the season
if you are right i will buy you a beer or 20 and a shot of tequila

DanRooney
11-24-2010, 02:57 AM
Keep him out until the last two games of the season. Carolina and Cleveland will be good warmups to knock the rust off before the playoffs. No need to risk him re-aggravating his arm with no reason to sitting at 7-3.

pete74
11-24-2010, 05:25 AM
if Hood keeps playing the way he did against the Raiders then there is no need to rush him back

Rick5895
11-24-2010, 07:27 AM
if Hood keeps playing the way he did against the Raiders then there is no need to rush him back

Exactly!! If Aaron is ready by carolina, give him a few snaps there then the same against Cleveland, Treat that like the pre-season for him.

MDSteel15
11-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Exactly!! If Aaron is ready by carolina, give him a few snaps there then the same against Cleveland, Treat that like the pre-season for him.

Good thought

fer522
11-24-2010, 01:06 PM
you pussies play him the whole game :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MikeHaullace
11-24-2010, 03:40 PM

I came here to post this.

Hood is starting to show some gusto on the field. Perhaps he is starting to feel comfortable out there? Time will tell.

Get well soon, Aaron! Either way, you'll be needed in the playoffs.

tube517
11-24-2010, 05:22 PM
A healty Aaron plus a young Ziggy (maybe subbing on some series) would be great in the playoffs. I wouldn't rush him back either.

I came here to post this.

Hood is starting to show some gusto on the field. Perhaps he is starting to feel comfortable out there? Time will tell.

Get well soon, Aaron! Either way, you'll be needed in the playoffs.

Pentheon
11-24-2010, 05:39 PM
I read that Keisel should be back Sunday. That will be a lift.

yea I heard the same...thats good news :thumbsup:

steelerdave1969
11-24-2010, 05:41 PM
When or If we get Smith back then our Run Defense will be a lot better. I just dont understand why there is such a drop off with the backups at that spot. Looks like these backups could pay attention to the position and the Style that Smith plays and Learn from it. Its time for Ziggy to take over and prove that he was a worthy #1 pick for the Steelers cuz so far he hasnt proven anything to me.

tube517
11-24-2010, 06:11 PM
I thought this too but I watched the documentary piece on Aaron (on NFL.com) and he just anticipates everything. LeBeau says he never makes mistakes and John Harbaugh said he can't be blocked. Even fat Peter King says he doesn't get the credit he deserves and put him on his All decade team. Yes, Ziggy was our #1 draft pick last yr and there a lot of expectations from him. But, he has some very very big shoes to fill.

When or If we get Smith back then our Run Defense will be a lot better. I just dont understand why there is such a drop off with the backups at that spot. Looks like these backups could pay attention to the position and the Style that Smith plays and Learn from it. Its time for Ziggy to take over and prove that he was a worthy #1 pick for the Steelers cuz so far he hasnt proven anything to me.

MikeHaullace
11-24-2010, 06:25 PM
I just dont understand why there is such a drop off with the backups at that spot.

It's because Aaron Smith is a once-a-generation talent.

steeltheone
11-24-2010, 06:42 PM

What dropoff? We are the number 1 rushing Defense!

steeltheone
11-24-2010, 06:43 PM
It's because Aaron Smith is a once-a-generation talent.

Talk about overrating a player...this is it!

MikeHaullace
11-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Talk about overrating a player...this is it!

At first, it was hyperbole, then you really got me thinking...

If I asked you to give me a list of DEs better than Aaron Smith at stopping the run in the last 20-25 years, what would your list look like?

steeltheone
11-24-2010, 08:57 PM
The guys been a good player. No doubt. just way pumped up. Eason and Hood have been just fine. And combined make half of what Smith does.

Fire Arians
11-24-2010, 09:31 PM
i'm a huge fan of frankenstein smith but I think ziggy's starting to play really well. we can afford to have him sit until he's 100% again or at least close to it.

markymarc
11-27-2010, 12:54 AM
If I asked you to give me a list of 3-4 DEs better than Aaron Smith at stopping the run in the last 20-25 years, what would your list look like?

Now that would be a very tough list to come up with. Aaron Smith has been excellent playing DE on this team. If he really is going to come back soon, then we just might be getting very healthy at the right time of year.