PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Lewis takes a jab at the Fans???

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-29-2006, 12:04 PM
"That's a big game. Why would I want our game in Pittsburgh to be on a Thursday night to open the season? We'll play there when we play there. ... That stadium is going to be ... well, depending on what time it starts, whether or not they'll still be sober. But it's going to be loud, it'll be a loud place."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06088/677630-66.stm

Are the Bengals our new rivals?????????????
I think so...

SteelerMurf
03-29-2006, 12:13 PM
He has no class, really he doesn't and he shows it every time he opens his mouth.

SteelerDad
03-29-2006, 12:21 PM
It's the truth. The later a game is, the better the chance that a large number of fans will have partaken of a little something before the game.

Midnightwriter1
03-29-2006, 12:23 PM
ahahah too funny, first the Broncos didnt want Jake to get his head all messed up and a repeat of the playoff game, but Lewis doesnt want us either. lil bitches If Lewis is gonna duck out of games cause he doesnt think his team can handle it on a national stage with us again, then he shoul just stop doing interviews.

83-Steelers-43
03-29-2006, 12:43 PM
It's the truth. The later a game is, the better the chance that a large number of fans will have partaken of a little something before the game.

True. Every year I look forward to Monday night and Sunday night games for that very reason. On Halloween it was crazy in that stadium, more so than Sunday afternoon games which is saying a great deal. I love it. So technically, depending on what time the game starts, will determine how the fans will be during the game.

He could have worded it a little better. Maybe adding that it's like that in every stadium in the country? But it's Marvin Lewis, what do you expect?

SteelerDad
03-29-2006, 12:48 PM
He could have worded it differently, but we're rivals. Rivals take shots at one another. Personally, I love it. It's about time that someone stepped up and made themselves hated to Steeler fans again.

pucho58
03-29-2006, 01:34 PM
I Bungles shouldn't be upset with Cower saying the phrase (WHo Dey) when they are the one who drew first blood by disrespecting the terrible towl. I don't care about the trash talking they say about our Steelers;But never ever disrespect the towl. When you do,get ready to pay the price. By the way, the football gods are Steelers fan and they don't play that :chuckle:

rowedf
03-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Can't disagree with him, now when has Pittsburgh ever gotten offended over drinking? lol

JoeyPorter#55
03-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Marvin Lewis can just close his lid and take his wild pack of Bengals with him! The gall of him to talk about Pittsburgh when HE COACHED THE LINEBACKERS for the Steelers on their 1995 AFC title team!

COWHER OWNS LEWIS :boxing: !!!!!

It's 3 p.m. and the Steelers are STILL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

83-Steelers-43
03-29-2006, 03:00 PM
The gall of him to talk about Pittsburgh when HE COACHED THE LINEBACKERS for the Steelers on their 1995 AFC title team!

Keep in mind he was born in McDonald (suburb of Pittsburgh) and played QB and safety for Fort Cherry High School. Personally, I still don't see how he was talking bad about Pittsburgh or it's fans. If anything, I think it came out wrong. Hence, he should have worded it better.

SteelerDad
03-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Pittsburghers, and Steeler fans, drink during tailgates. That's just a fact. That makes the crowd even rowdier when the game is played at 4 or at night. Add to that the fact that night games are just better anyway (see Ohio Satet at Penn State 2005) and you can see why Lewis wouldn't want to bring his mentally fragile troops in to the Bottle.

Midnightwriter1
03-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Bengals = lil bitches

Haiku_Dirtt
03-29-2006, 03:15 PM
How f--king silly? He goes to the 'Steeler Fan will be drunk' card?

Now that Cincinatti is the eastern version of San Francisco, I guess we should expect that bad chardonnay and domestic brie will be plentiful at polite, high affluent tailgate parties outside Paul Brown Stadium.

Now Marv. Listen. Really. I wouldn't encourage your fan base to assimilate Frisco (they hate that word in No. Calif.) tailgate parties. It's not exactly...well manly.

Salmon roe anyone? :dang:

Eztarget
03-29-2006, 03:34 PM
I don't see him saying anything that anyone can't say about ANY NFL stadium. I think it's great he wants to be in the opening day spotlight. If my coach doesn't I don't want him as my coach.

Atlanta Dan
03-29-2006, 07:07 PM
As a prior poster noted, Marvin Lewis is from McDonald PA, a very small town in Washington County about 20 miles from Pittsburgh where both Marty Schottenheimer and Marvin grew up. I doubt Lewis has any hostility to those among whom he grew up.

I bet if there is a video Lewis was smiling when he said it. Seeing as Cowher has often joked about and frankly welcomed the ... ummm .... "enthusiasm" of the crowds for the 4 pm and night games, hard for me to get outraged about it, any more than I believe Carson Palmer should get his shorts in a bunch because Cowher is leading "Who Dey - We Dey" cheers.

Just more fuel for the rivalry - bring it on.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Just pouring more fuel on the fire,and I love it.

Keep talking Bungles,you're just making it worse on yourselves!

BTW,how does that AFC North Championship feel?

MNsteelers
03-29-2006, 07:25 PM
True. Every year I look forward to Monday night and Sunday night games for that very reason. On Halloween it was crazy in that stadium, more so than Sunday afternoon games which is saying a great deal. I love it. So technically, depending on what time the game starts, will determine how the fans will be during the game.

He could have worded it a little better. Maybe adding that it's like that in every stadium in the country? But it's Marvin Lewis, what do you expect?

$20 says Cowher is saying the same thing if Pittsburgh has to go to Cincy for a Monday night or Sunday night game. Any coach is. It's totally true, I drink during Sunday games. I drink before AND during Monday night games.

Is that a bad thing? =)

Midnightwriter1
03-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Nope =)

RoethlisBURGHer
03-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Pittsburgh (noun): a drinking town with a football problem.

Stlrs4Life
03-29-2006, 07:42 PM

It happens at every game. It doesn't matter what time it starts, lots open 5 hours before every game no matter what time it starts.

Mr. Clean
03-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Aw, it doesn't bother me. Hey, if you're a Steeler fan, why should anything bug ya?

Steeler fans drinking before a game? Damn right! During?
You betcha!

After? Absolutely!!!!!! Lewis knows this! He's from McDonald, for pete's sake. If I was tailgating and saw him walk by, I'd offer him a cold one, just for thehellofit.

OX1947
03-29-2006, 07:48 PM
The reason why Cowher has had staying power for so long is because he has a good balance of acting like one of the guys and acting like a coach. Better then that boring, anal, grouch in New England. Marvin is still pissed about Carson Palmer. And I really think Cincy felt that they had a Super Bowl team.

Midnightwriter1
03-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Lewis is just being a typical lil bitch

Hawk Believer
03-29-2006, 08:55 PM
How f--king silly? He goes to the 'Steeler Fan will be drunk' card?

Now that Cincinatti is the eastern version of San Francisco, I guess we should expect that bad chardonnay and domestic brie will be plentiful at polite, high affluent tailgate parties outside Paul Brown Stadium.

Now Marv. Listen. Really. I wouldn't encourage your fan base to assimilate Frisco (they hate that word in No. Calif.) tailgate parties. It's not exactly...well manly.

Salmon roe anyone? :dang:
When and how did Cincinatti become "the eastern version of San Fransisco?"

Suitanim
03-29-2006, 08:59 PM
This is a stupid thread.

CantStop85
03-29-2006, 10:42 PM
"That's a big game. Why would I want our game in Pittsburgh to be on a Thursday night to open the season? We'll play there when we play there. ... That stadium is going to be ... well, depending on what time it starts, whether or not they'll still be sober. But it's going to be loud, it'll be a loud place."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06088/677630-66.stm

Are the Bengals our new rivals?????????????
I think so...
You guys are upset because he (A) stated a fact in that many people will be drinking and (B) stated that it was going to be very loud. You're offended by this? :dang:

Would you rather him say that the fans will be very controlled and very quiet?

MattsMe
03-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Lewis is a classless punk. Maybe it wasn't a direct stab at Steeler fans, but can you imagine him saying the same thing about his own stadium?........nope.

He really showed his true colors after we beat them in the playoffs. When asked about Palmer's injury he said it was an accident and there's no reason to cry about it, "like their quarterback did." Personally I don't recall Ben ever crying about his injury earlier in the season, or even anything close. But even if he had, Lewis shouldn't have mentioned it. It's childish and unprofessional, especially since it didn't happen.

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 11:19 AM
In honor of Marv, I'm rolling in a keg at my house for a season opener party and I'm going to drink like a fish and cheer on our Pittsburgh Steelers as they whoop the Dolphins!

(burp) Oops... 'scuse me. :bouncy:

Midnightwriter1
03-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Sounds like a great idea... I imagine when the Steelrs play the Bengals at home.. their will be pleny of people drinking it up a lil more just for Marvin the Miserable. I foresee some shirts and hats made up just for him. lol

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-30-2006, 01:22 PM
You guys are upset because he (A) stated a fact in that many people will be drinking and (B) stated that it was going to be very loud. You're offended by this? :dang:

Would you rather him say that the fans will be very controlled and very quiet?

He's also pussied out on opening the season with us.........
He's scared........doesnt want to play us

JoeyPorter#55
03-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Cincinnati better be scared, we'll knock their players out of the game, case in point, their quarterback!

Pittsburgh Steelers is about hitting em' hard, hurting em', knocking em' out of the game, and they don't give a rat's tail because we bring the PAIN!!

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 01:43 PM
He's also pussied out on opening the season with us.........
He's scared........doesnt want to play us

Doesn't matter. He'll still have us for at least two games. He just wants Carson Palmer to be 100% when he does, I guess. Wish we had that option when we had to put Maddox in this past season. We didn't get to pick and choose who we played against when Ben was hurt. That's okay, though... The Steelers aren't a bunch of pansy pussies. We'll play any team. Bring 'em on!

JoeyPorter#55
03-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Yeah! Bring em' all! They come, they'll leave on crutches!!!!! What happened to Carson is a message that Steelers football is played in three ways: FAST...HARD...PHYSICAL!!!!!

Pittsburgh Steelers have the BEST franchise and the BEST fans! I am proud to be a fan of the STEELERS! I have my share of favorite teams but NOT ONE is better than the STEELERS!

LuckyNumber7
03-30-2006, 03:38 PM
He has no class, really he doesn't and he shows it every time he opens his mouth.

Agreed. I used to like him as a coach, but I lost so much repsect for him after his comments about Ben crying over his knee injury, that was uncalled for. Whether he did it out of frustration or not, there was no reason for that. And now for him to say this. It's just rediculous. Stop crying and get over it.

$Ln7$

JoeyPorter#55
03-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Marvin Lewis used to be a Steelers coach (linebackers). That's two coaches I have lost respect for (the other, Mike "Refuse to shake hands with Cowher" Holmgren).

They need to GET OVER IT! THE STEELERS ARE THE CHAMPIONS, NOT THOSE RAT-BASED BUNGLES, CRAZY COLTS, DEAD HORSE BRONCOS, AND DEFINITELY THOSE WHINY-MOUTHED SEAHAWKS!!!!!

by the way, I actually beat a dead horse.........and it's name was Jake because when he played the Steelers, he made too many mistakes :sofunny: !!!!!

Hawk Believer
03-30-2006, 04:04 PM
I have lost respect for (the other, Mike "Refuse to shake hands with Cowher" Holmgren).

Confusion reportedly led to missed handshake
Story Tools:

FOXSports.com
Posted: 50 days ago

Coaches Bill Cowher and Mike Holmgren didn't shake hands on the field after the Steelers won Super Bowl XL, but according to one report, it wasn't for a lack of trying.

According to a story on the NFL's official website, the two coaches were supposed to meet at the 25-yard line for the traditional postgame handshake. But apparently there was some confusion about which 25-yard line. According to the report, Cowher went to one, while Holmgren went to the other.
When Holmgren was unable to locate Cowher, he opted to head to the Seahawks locker room.

There had been some question in the Super Bowl aftermath whether Holmgren had snubbed Cowher after losing, especially when Cowher was shown on broadcasts unsuccessfully looking around for the Seahawks' coach to shake his hand after the game.

But according to the report, the two coaches did finally find each other in Seattle's locker room. There, with no cameras to record the moment for posterity, Holmgren did in fact shake Cowher's hand and congratulate him on the win.

When Cowher and Holmgren ended up on opposite 25s and couldn't find each other, Holmgren was asked to get off the field so the award celebration could begin.

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 04:54 PM
We don't care about the Seahawks anymore. They're history.

MattsMe
03-31-2006, 12:58 AM
I had something clever to say about all this, but I'm under the alcofluence of incohol, and it slipped my mind. :thud:

SteelShooter
03-31-2006, 07:07 AM
Just pouring more fuel on the fire,and I love it.

Keep talking Bungles,you're just making it worse on yourselves!

BTW,how does that AFC North Championship feel?

Stand Proud Bungles!

We STEELERS Fans have it all goofed up:

Those AFC North Championship TEE-SHIRTS must be absolutely, positively, much, much, much more comfortable than those bulky, heavy. diamond-laden (x5), World Champ Rings!

:dang: Boy did we screw it all up or what???????? :dang:

(Please note the above heartfelt sarcasm)

JoeyPorter#55
03-31-2006, 09:48 AM
We don't care about the Seahawks anymore. They're history.

SteelersGirl,

Pittsburgh head coach Bill Cowher said "no one remembers who lost the Super Bowl. They only remember who won it." You know what, I darn well remember who LOST the Super Bowl and remember who WON the Super Bowl!!!!!

Far as those Bungles...I once said "I'm tired of coming in here and whipping your guys a:busted: :busted: !" Not really, I whip a:busted: :busted: for a living because when the Steelers are in action, I'm the meanest mother:chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: er to wear a Steelers jersey!!!!!

SteelerzGirl
03-31-2006, 09:50 AM
SteelersGirl,

Pittsburgh head coach Bill Cowher said "no one remembers who lost the Super Bowl. They only remember who won it." You know what, I darn well remember who LOST the Super Bowl and remember who WON the Super Bowl!!!!!

Far as those Bungles...I once said "I'm tired of coming in here and whipping your guys a:busted: :busted: !" Not really, I whip a:busted: :busted: for a living because when the Steelers are in action, I'm the meanest mother:chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: er to wear a Steelers jersey!!!!!

You go, JoeyPorter#55!!! :smile:

SteelShooter
03-31-2006, 11:59 AM
In honor of Marv, I'm rolling in a keg at my house for a season opener party and I'm going to drink like a fish and cheer on our Pittsburgh Steelers as they whoop the Dolphins!

Hoo-Waa! Get 'er Done Steelerzgirl!

I'll follow your lead.......<burp> Ooops...looks like I already have! This Japanese beer (Asahi) does make one burp a little more frequently. LOL! (I'm in Japan for about 12 1/2 more hours, then heading home.) :rolleyes:

clevestinks
03-31-2006, 12:06 PM

What time does the party start????

Steelhorse
03-31-2006, 12:35 PM

I'll follow your lead.......<burp> Ooops...looks like I already have! This Japanese beer (Asahi) does make one burp a little more frequently. LOL! (I'm in Japan for about 12 1/2 more hours, then heading home.) :rolleyes:

ewwwww Asahi - I think that is the stuff that gave me a three day hangover - or maybe that was Saki???? Is that by choice or necessity? Have a safe trip home

SteelerzGirl
04-02-2006, 08:16 PM

Have a safe trip, home, SteelShooter! Please let us know when you get here so we know you arrived safely. :smile:

What time does the party start????

The party doesn't start until you get here, Cleve! If you're a really good boy, I'll have a lil somethin' special for you at halftime...(lol).

Suitanim
04-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Have a safe trip, home, SteelShooter! Please let us know when you get here so we know you arrived safely. :smile:

The party doesn't start until you get here, Cleve! If you're a really good boy, I'll have a lil somethin' special for you at halftime...(lol).

Seriously, Dom will have his tailgate, and I'll be there along with many others...Everyone should try to go, tickets or not...you can always tailgate then go watch the game at Hi Tops...

SteelerzGirl
04-02-2006, 08:25 PM
That's true... I'll definitely give that some thought. I would really like to meet you guys and gals. :smile:

Cleve... If I go tailgating in Pittsburgh that day, no special halftime thingy for you...(lol).

BlitzburghRockCity
04-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Marvin Lewis can just close his lid and take his wild pack of Bengals with him! The gall of him to talk about Pittsburgh when HE COACHED THE LINEBACKERS for the Steelers on their 1995 AFC title team!

COWHER OWNS LEWIS :boxing: !!!!!

It's 3 p.m. and the Steelers are STILL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Funny how you forget where you came from after awhile isnt it. I had alot of respect for Marvin when he was as DC with ratbirds and skins..but since he's become an HC, he's been nothing but an asshat !

HburgXL06
04-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Seriously, Dom will have his tailgate, and I'll be there along with many others...Everyone should try to go, tickets or not...you can always tailgate then go watch the game at Hi Tops...

That's true... I'll definitely give that some thought. I would really like to meet you guys and gals. :smile:

If it is planned out to get together on opening night to tailgate let me know and I'll work my ass off to get there. I'll even bring some of my Pittsburgh friends I met here at school in Delaware. I'd be down for meetin all the people I talk with on a daily basis on this forum. Peace.

BuFu

83-Steelers-43
04-02-2006, 11:06 PM
I respected Marvin for how he turned that Bengal team around and that he's from Pittsburgh, but after his "Ben's comments" he can kiss my black and gold ass.

HburgXL06
04-03-2006, 12:37 AM
I respected Marvin for how he turned that Bengal team around and that he's from Pittsburgh, but after his "Ben's comments" he can kiss my Black and Gold ass.

Well said.

BuFu

Petesburgh66
04-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Steeler fans drinking...better then being stoned to cheer the Bungles. You have to be on drugs to support a loser organization that adopts Tigger for their colours.

As for Lewis, not even worth wasting my time on this joker.

SteelShooter
04-03-2006, 02:34 AM
ewwwww Asahi - I think that is the stuff that gave me a three day hangover - or maybe that was Saki???? Is that by choice or necessity? Have a safe trip home

:cheers: I like Asahi Beer. Now Saki...<erp> not my drink of choice at all. Not into the rice made stuff at all. There are 2 Japanese beers that I like: Asahi Super Dry and Kirin. :beerbang: The others; Suntory, etc...you can keep. So, in answer to your question, it was by choice to drink the Asahi. :flap: :o)

:tt03:

SteelShooter
04-03-2006, 02:39 AM
[QUOTE=SteelerzGirl]Have a safe trip, home, SteelShooter! Please let us know when you get here so we know you arrived safely. :smile:

Thanks SG! Yes, I am home safely. Wore my Jersey on the flight (Ben's) and attracted a bit of attention, most was good natured. Except for the one ACEHOLE who called me a bandwagoner. :dang: I thoroughly believe he changed his mind after I asked if he would like for me to recite the entire starting lineup for Offense, Defense, and Special teams, or would enjoy the extended version of "History of the Steelers Logo and Helmet" among others. He ended up actually apologizing. :rolleyes:

Steel Pit
04-03-2006, 05:41 AM
When Cowher and Holmgren ended up on opposite 25s and couldn't find each other, Holmgren was asked to get off the field so the award celebration could begin.

You're mistaken Hawk. It was during the pre-game warmups that Holmgren was asked to get off the field so the award celebration could begin.

After the game Holmgren's fat a$$ wasn't looking for a handshake, reports indicate that he was looking for a milkshake.

MasterOfPuppets
04-03-2006, 10:13 PM
You're mistaken Hawk. It was during the pre-game warmups that Holmgren was asked to get off the field so the award celebration could begin.

After the game Holmgren's fat a$$ wasn't looking for a handshake, reports indicate that he was looking for a milkshake.
lmao:rofl: