PDA

View Full Version : Holmgren still crying.....

BlackNGold203
03-29-2006, 04:25 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06088/677825-100.stm

Nearly two months after his Seattle Seahawks lost the Super Bowl, Mike Holmgren is still feeling the pain.

Especially about the officiating.

"To have the story of the Super Bowl be the officials, that is crazy," Holmgren said Wednesday.

Holmgren wasn't pounding-the-table angry. He was his normal self: calm, rational, even a little laid-back. But he said he's still stinging from the 21-10 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, in part because he knows his team didn't play very well; in part because of a series of calls that went against the Seahawks at critical times in the game.

God...get over it already....

SteelerDad
03-29-2006, 05:28 PM
It's only the story because the Walrus and his aquatic friends won't let it die a natural and much needed death.

SteelerzGirl
03-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Man, talk about being a sore loser! :rolleyes: I agree that he needs to get over it already. Things must be slow in Seattle this time of year.

Hawk Believer
03-29-2006, 07:52 PM
I think its to be expected for the guy to feel the way he does on some level. But I think it shows poor judgement and leadership to talk about it publicly. I don't want our organization and fans to be focusing on the things we can't control.

PisnNapalm
03-29-2006, 07:57 PM
I think its to be expected for the guy to feel the way he does on some level. But I think it shows poor judgement and leadership to talk about it publicly. I don't want our organization and fans to be focusing on the things we can't control.

That's about the best thing I've read from a Seattle fan in quite a while. Rep point to you.

Hawk Believer
03-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Things must be slow in Seattle this time of year.

He was in Orlando according to the dateline. Sportswise though, its a little slow now out here. Our Huskies made a good run at getting into the final four and lost a heartbreaker last week to UConn. That sucked, but not as badly as losing the SB. The Sonics are showing some life after the third coach in one year has had some time to clean house and start some new things. But we are unlikely to go to the playoffs. The Mariners are about to start up but I don't think most reasonable people expect them to contend this season with our pitching staff. But its always nice to catch a game at Safeco Field and Ichiro or our new pitching phenom Felix Hernandez usually make the price of admission worth it.

Otherwise, not a whole is exciting out here right now. The daffodils our out and the cherry and apple blossoms give us hope that summer will come again, but its still overcast many days. There is still skiing to be done. And I am looking forward to when the snow starts to melt and the river kayaking picks up......

83-Steelers-43
03-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Fat man crying. He's been doing it since the end of the fourth quarter. No surprise. Obviously he doesn't care that he's making a complete ass out of himself and the Seahawk organization as a whole.

DIESELMAN
03-29-2006, 09:59 PM
If he doesn't let go of it by the time the new season rolls around it'll effect the whole team in a negative way.They'll be unfocused and every time they get a bad call during the season they will all have flashbacks and start crying in the middle of the field.

MattsMe
03-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Looks like he may be leaving Seattle after next season:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5455024

HburgXL06
03-30-2006, 12:17 AM

Rep points to a smart fan.....Don't feel bad about the Huskies though man, they got beat by a good team....and that good team got beat by a come-outta-nowhere team which is even more humiliating for them. Anyway, just sayin, you're a wise man.

BuFu

pitt
03-30-2006, 12:26 AM
He's never going to stop crying and moaning over the loss.

SteelerFan091472
03-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Jesus, Mike, shut up already. I thought the calls were correct except for the call that went against Hasselback on the interception return by Ike Taylor. The reason your team lost, Mike, is because your team didn't make the plays to win the game, specifically their kicker missing 2 field goals and the horrible clock management at the end of each half.