PDA

View Full Version : Harrison may be in the clear (no fine!)

Whodis
11-24-2010, 01:50 PM
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/11/24/harrison-may-be-in-the-clear/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

All signs points to James Harrison not getting fined after getting penalized for roughing the passer in last Sunday’s game.

Bill Parise, Harrison’s agent, said he has yet to hear from the NFL about any further discipline for the hit on quarterback Jason Campbell that drew a flag and negated a pick six by cornerback Ike Taylor.

“I think maybe we’re OK,” Parise said this morning.

When Harrison has been fined in the past, Parise said he has learned about it prior to Wednesday of the following week.

But Parise knows as well as anybody that you can never say never when it comes to Harrison and NFL fines so stay tuned

I'm a little surprised

MikeHaullace
11-24-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm convinced that had Seymore not hit Roethlisberger during the game, Harrison get's fined.

austinfrench76
11-24-2010, 02:49 PM
:tt04:

Fire Arians
11-24-2010, 03:15 PM
i think it's bullshit that seymour only got fined 25k. it's not like he gave ben a shot on a hustle play, that was blatant and way after the play was over. those kind of fouls should have a stiffer penalty than play-related fouls

TRH
11-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Isn't it pretty SAD that we/they would even have to worry about whether he should be getting a fine or not for last Sunday?? (considering he didn't do anything to get fined for)
When i read the topic title, for a second i thought you meant that he wasn't getting a fine for one of the earlier weeks hits, that maybe they recalled one or more of those......

TRH
11-24-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm convinced that had Seymore not hit Roethlisberger during the game, Harrison get's fined.

unfortunately, thats definitely a possibility.

tube517
11-24-2010, 04:14 PM
The NFL probably withdrew the money automatically from Harrison's account. It's probably already set up for direct deposit FROM Harrison to the NFL

Pentheon
11-24-2010, 04:19 PM
I thought it was a clean hit...had good seats to the game, happened right in front of me.

Pentheon
11-24-2010, 04:20 PM
The NFL probably withdrew the money automatically from Harrison's account. It's probably already set up for direct deposit FROM Harrison to the NFL

hahaha yea he better go check his bank statements :toofunny:

steelerdave1969
11-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Dang . . there shouldnt have even been a Flag on the play . . I think the whole league players association needs to take action vs this Bogus Stuff that the league is pushing around right now. . the Call was Rediculous and the Referees should be held responsible for their mistakes.

Steelerfreak58
11-24-2010, 05:22 PM
It was a garbage call with zero merit. The NFL should offer another apology for poor officiating.

Deserei90
11-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Even though I won't accept it, but where is the apologies from them for Sunday's game? The Steelers and Us fans deserve an explanation:noidea:

rbryan
11-24-2010, 07:12 PM
It's a Thanksgiving miracle......we should all bow our heads and say a prayer to the almighty Rodger.

SH-Rock
11-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Not only was it a clean hit, it was an excellent hit. Cambell threw it in the nick of time and and half a second too late would've been a sack.

jjpro11
11-25-2010, 08:06 AM
it's going to keep happening because they are punishing refs who miss illegal hits obviously more so than the ones who flag perfectly legal hits. they're told to throw the flag when in doubt.. wtf is that? if a ref blinks while two guys make impact and a guy gets lit up, you better believe he is throwing that flag. the refs are paranoid, the players are paranoid, and the fans are pissed off.

mesaSteeler
11-25-2010, 09:06 AM
No fines for Steelers
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Further enforcing the idea that the Steelers had some very bad calls against them in Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders is the fact that no fines were assessed to any of the team's players by the NFL this week.

Under normal circumstances, when a player draws a personal foul, the league looks at it and assesses a fine - in addition to the in-game penalty.

In this case, no notice of fines were awaiting the players in the locker room when they returned Wednesday to prepare to play the Buffalo Bills this Sunday.

I spoke privately with a couple of players about the issue and they think they're being watched more closely than other teams, which may have been a factor in the flags that were thrown Sunday.

It's hard to argue that theory after watching Sunday's game.

© On a different note. Happy Thanksgiving to the readers of this blog. I want to thank all of you for making this a regular stop during your daily surfing of the net.

markymarc
11-27-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm still waiting for an apology letter from the NFL office for blowing that James Harrison personal foul penalty. They owe Lamar Woodley an apology too.