PDA

View Full Version : National Cherry Blossom Festival

SteelerzGirl
03-29-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm off to the National Cherry Blossom Festival this weekend as I do almost every year. Has anyone else ever been? If so, what touristy attractions have you seen while you visited our nation's Capital? I used to work in DC, so I've seen just about all of them, and they're pretty impressive. I wonder if they'll let me be an honorary Cherry Blossom Princess this year...(lol). :smile:

http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/cms/index.php?id=390

3 to be 4
03-29-2006, 08:59 PM
im morbid. when i went i saw Ford Theatre, Arlington Cemetary, the Wall...then i realized every place id been was about dead people

Stlrs4Life
03-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Heared alott about the festival, but never attended. Heared it was a good time. Have a good one SteelerzGirl.

Hawk Believer
03-29-2006, 09:13 PM
The Mint tour is surprisingly interesting. The National Art Gallery has an incredible collection, but its really big. Just popping in to see a bunch of Van Gogh paintings is worth it for most people. Its pretty cool to go for a night time walk to check out the outdoor memorials.

Also, email or check the websites of your Senators and representative and they can get you tickets and appts to certain sites that are harder to get into.

3 to be 4
03-29-2006, 10:18 PM
I heard there was a special exhibit celebrating the last time the Miami Dolphins won a big game.

SteelerzGirl
03-29-2006, 11:30 PM
I heard there was a special exhibit celebrating the last time the Miami Dolphins won a big game.

Pssst... I think you heard wrong...(lol).

Hey, Ford's Theatre is in a really weird location, huh? It was kinda creepy knowing that Abraham Lincoln was assassinated there. Gave me goosebumps.

Arlington National Cemetary is one of my favorite places to go. I always make sure I visit the gravesite of JFK & Jackie, as well as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I like to watch the Changing of the Guard. It's so impressive.

My second favorite place is the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum, but I spend hours in the Smithsonian regardless of which museum(s) I decide to go to.

Hawk Believer... I agree that the night time is the best time to see the outdoor memorials.

I can't wait to be drivin' on the Beltway again. Those people are crazy! I'm going to be drivin' like Jimmie and I'm going to take out anyone who is in my way...(lol). :smile:

3 to be 4
03-29-2006, 11:40 PM
I was at the Air and Space museum in 1996 and when I was at the actual Apollo 11 space capsule i actually heard some linthead behind me say "thats just like the spaceship in the movie Apollo 13"

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Have you ever seen the air show at Andrew's Air Force Base in Maryland while you were in the area? It's so awesome...(lol)! A great time.

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Arlington National Cemetary is one of my favorite places to go.

Same here. Beautiful cemetery where a great number of this world's greatest heroes sleep.