PDA

View Full Version : GB wants a decision....

DIESELMAN
03-29-2006, 10:11 PM
The Packers have asked Brett Favre to decide if he will play in 2006 by this weekend, according to reports. Team observers said the deadline was “artificial” and more of a suggestion than a demand. But there’s no denying the Packers would benefit from hearing soon on Favre’s future.

Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said the Packers do want QB Brett Favre to make his decision by Saturday, April 1, which is the latest deadline for the $3 million roster bonus they owe him. However, the deadline is an artificial one, because Favre's contract stipulates the team doesn't have to pay the bonus until September if he returns and doesn't have to pay it at all if he retires. Still, McCarthy said he'd like to see the issue resolved as soon as possible. McCarthy maintained he thinks Favre will play, based on their conversation at Favre's Hattiesburg, Miss., estate earlier this offseason. "I think it's important when you talk to people that you have a chance to look in their eyes," McCarthy said. "I could be dead wrong, (but) I've always felt that he still wanted to play."

PisnNapalm
03-30-2006, 06:06 AM
After hearing comments from Farve at the start of last season and toward the end of the season, I'd say he should pack it in and retire. He's lost the desire to play.

DIESELMAN
03-30-2006, 06:25 AM
I'd like to see him come back and play another year to at least go out on a better note.He tried to carry the whole team lat year with losing his #1 & #2 WR's and RB's and half his O-line.Brett still has an arm on him and he can still sling it downfield.I think it all depends on what GB's FO does during the off season to improve a few things I think thats what Brett's waiting on to see if it would be worth coming back or if it'll be another year like last year.

klick81
03-30-2006, 06:44 PM
After hearing comments from Farve at the start of last season and toward the end of the season, I'd say he should pack it in and retire. He's lost the desire to play.

Yeah, i saw an interview where he said something along the lines of "not wanting it" anymore. Kinda sad really...

Ambridge
04-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Looks like Brett thumbed his nose at making some kind of decision over the weekend.

The Packers need to make the decision for him and just move on without him.
He's been holding Green Bay hostage long enough now trying to figure out what he wants to do.

PisnNapalm
04-03-2006, 10:03 AM
I have to agree with ya there. Give their new kid the reins and see what he can do.

To be honest... I never cared for him much as a QB. He throws alot of bad picks. He has 255 career interceptions. He threw 29 last year alone. The next highest was 17.

He should pack in it and retire. There's no need to drag out his poor play any longer. As iut is now, I don't think many people will remember him for this last year. They will remember the rifle armed gunslinger of 10 years ago.

hmmmmmmmm
04-03-2006, 11:19 AM
I think its pathetic how Favre is treating the whole situation. He had his time to think about it but hes holding the team hostage and its supposedly the organization he loves. Didnt he even make a comment like "What are they gonna do...Cut me?" im losing respect for him and I hope he just takes his ass home cause they dont need him for anything but ticket sales

clevestinks
04-03-2006, 11:26 AM
you know they need a descion by draft day, they already have thier future starter but with mini camp approaching, the starting job needs worked out

drizze99
04-03-2006, 01:19 PM
He needs to stop stringing the organization along. I'm not sure what he's trying to prove by taking so long to decide, but it's getting rediculous.

tony hipchest
04-03-2006, 06:37 PM
if farve retires he should replace gary hogeboom on next years edition of survivor. hes halfway there sporting the gray peachfuzz hairdo.

anyone hear mark chumura blast him in a radio interview today, calling him selfish? he said from the time he was arrested till his acquittal farve didnt call him once. you could tell he was still burnt by this.

Ambridge
04-03-2006, 06:50 PM
if farve retires he should replace gary hogeboom on next years edition of survivor. hes halfway there sporting the gray peachfuzz hairdo.

anyone hear mark chumura blast him in a radio interview today, calling him selfish? he said from the time he was arrested till his acquittal farve didnt call him once. you could tell he was still burnt by this.

Favre can have the buzz cut along as he doesn't go back to wearing the stupid looking hat with the little shield emblem on it.

I heard about Chmura lambasting Favre in an interview but I never knew he was acquitted of having sex with his underage baby sittler???
Besides that it pretty much shows that Brett isn't much of a friend.

tony hipchest
04-03-2006, 07:02 PM
I heard about Chmura lambasting Favre in an interview but I never knew he was acquitted of having sex with his underage baby sittler???
. yep. he got off (no pun intended). at first i was thinking they were hunting buddies, but that was wesley walls (that was one cool redneck)

still one of the best endzone celebrations ever is him shooting the ball with the imaginary shotgun everytime he scored.

chumpura is always striked me as a punk after the not wanting to got to the white house, oh and the boning his babysitter thing was kinda uncool too :cool: atleast getting caught was.

FisherMOM
04-04-2006, 02:58 PM
he's done.. he needs to retire.
it's sad.. but like someone else said... " time to PACK it in Brett!"