PDA

View Full Version : Jets fines?

TRH
11-26-2010, 11:38 AM
I think they knocked down Palmer six times and had at least one roughing the passer penalty.
Question is: will anyone be fined?
Now you KNOW, if Pittsburgh knocked him down (or anyone for that matter), six times.....SOMEBODY, or somebody's, is getting fined. They'll find a reason.
Was the hits clean? Yeah, pretty much for the most part. But so were Woodley and Harrison hits this year that were cause for fines. This is where the "consistency" and "fair and object" things comes about.

steelerchad
11-26-2010, 07:46 PM
I think they knocked down Palmer six times and had at least one roughing the passer penalty.
Question is: will anyone be fined?
Now you KNOW, if Pittsburgh knocked him down (or anyone for that matter), six times.....SOMEBODY, or somebody's, is getting fined. They'll find a reason.
Was the hits clean? Yeah, pretty much for the most part. But so were Woodley and Harrison hits this year that were cause for fines. This is where the "consistency" and "fair and object" things comes about.

None of the Steelers got fines from the Raider game. To be honest, I'm more upset about the flags than the fines we've gotten this year. Do I really care if James Harrison loses $25k or even $100k? Not really. But I care if a 15 yard penalty costs the Steelers a win. Screw Goodell and the fines. Get these idiot refs to keep their flags in their pockets unless a foul is flagrant.