PDA

View Full Version : Palmer Gives Up Golf for Corn Hole Tournament

Steelhorse
03-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Cincinnati Bengal Website
Palmer's glass half full
By GEOFF HOBSON
March 22, 2006

"Affirming his position as the Everyman Superstar, Palmer made sure he used the news conference to make an announcement. He has replaced his local celebrity golf tournament with a June cornhole tournament he hopes can be staged at PBS featuring several of his teammates.

He admitted he can?t golf and by then he?ll be able to toss the bags"

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5150

Midnightwriter1
03-30-2006, 12:49 PM
hhmmmm... he is speaking about corn holes and then tossing bags ...............

Mosca
03-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Moron. Go find a kiddie board to post on.

Tim
03-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Even after reading the article, I'm confused. He's doing what with who now?

Steelhorse
03-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Let me get this straight - I happen to find an article that informs us the Bungles, our supposed new rivalry, spend their offseason working on becoming cornhole champions.

For that, I am a moron and receive negative rep??? Where am I?

Hawk Believer
03-30-2006, 03:14 PM
I had no idea what cornhole was. I can remember Beavis or Butthead used to say "I am Cornholio. I need TP for my bunghole." That was the extent of my cornhole knowledge.

However, Google just found http://www.playcornhole.org for me. And it contained the following information for those of us who don't know about cornhole.

What is Cornhole?

It has been called many things, Corn Toss, Bean Bag, Bean Toss, Soft Horseshoes, Indiana Horseshoes, but to many of us born and raised in Kentucky and the southern part of Ohio, the game is passionately referred to as Cornhole.

It has been said that the game originated in Germany in the 14th century, and then was rediscovered in the hills of Kentucky over 100 years ago.

The truth is, who really knows, but the game is great fun for all ages and can be played anywhere!

Cornhole or Corn Toss is similar to horseshoes except you use wooden boxes called cornhole platforms and corn bags instead of horseshoes and metal stakes. Contestants take turns pitching their corn bags at the cornhole platform until a contestant reaches the score of 21 points. A corn bag in the hole scores 3 points, while one on the platform scores 1 point.

Scoring can be swift and the lead may change hands several times in a match before the winner is decided.

The game is generally played tournament style with an individual or team being named the champion at the end of the tournament.

SteelerzGirl
03-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Palmer's probably going to play cornhole with Peyton Manning...(lol).

Avoid Lloyd
03-30-2006, 04:15 PM
lol, well atleast I thought it was funny.:cool:

Jim Schue
03-31-2006, 02:09 AM
Yeah, the cornhole — also called bag toss or baggo — fad has kind of worked its way south from Northern Kentucky/Cincy. It's become something of a staple during tailgating at events in Kentucky. I remember going to the Bluegrass Stakes at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington last year and I must've counted about 25 different groups of people playing.

It's a pretty fun game, despite the homoerotic name.

clevestinks
03-31-2006, 04:20 AM
Palmer's probably going to play cornhole with Peyton Manning...(lol).
sICK BUT FUNNY

Mosca
03-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Let me get this straight - I happen to find an article that informs us the Bungles, our supposed new rivalry, spend their offseason working on becoming cornhole champions.

For that, I am a moron and receive negative rep??? Where am I?

I read your post as a double entendre, where gay anal intercourse is referred to as "cornhole" and "tossing bags" is gay slang for manual stimulation. I guess I found it to be juvenile.

It took me 3 tries to find the "cornhole" reference in the article. I'll put the rep back up. Sometimes I get tired of all the pointless name calling of people with different and overreact. Sorry.

Tom

83-Steelers-43
03-31-2006, 01:24 PM
I read your post as a double entendre, where gay anal intercourse is referred to as "cornhole" and "tossing bags" is gay slang for manual stimulation. I guess I found it to be juvenile.

It took me 3 tries to find the "cornhole" reference in the article. I'll put the rep back up. Sometimes I get tired of all the pointless name calling of people with different and overreact. Sorry.

Tom

Here, have a beer.

Suitanim
03-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Wow, this thread rides the full spectrum of the emotional roller coaster, what with drama, betrayal, misunderstanding, reconciliation, then forgiveness and even recompensation.

I guess I have a sophomoric sense of humor, because you had me laughing at "Carson Cornholes".