PDA

View Full Version : Max Straks in Kyrgystan

Stillers#1
03-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Hey all,
It's been a while since I posted, but I figured I would say hi and let you all know that Max Starks is expected to be here in Manas AB, Kyrgystan tomorrow. He is coming here on a USO tour and Bryce Fischer and Patrick Kearney will be atennding as well. I was thinking of telling Fischer I thought he didn't play for the Seahwaks anymore since I didn't hear his name called in the Super Bowl at all. HAHA!! Anyways, I will try to get a picture with Max and post it if possible.

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Very cool. Enjoy the visit and most importantly...stay safe and thanks.

clevestinks
03-31-2006, 04:47 AM
Thanks for defending our country!

Enjoy

SteelShooter
03-31-2006, 05:39 AM
Hey all,
It's been a while since I posted, but I figured I would say hi and let you all know that Max Starks is expected to be here in Manas AB, Kyrgystan tomorrow. He is coming here on a USO tour and Bryce Fischer and Patrick Kearney will be atennding as well. I was thinking of telling Fischer I thought he didn't play for the Seahwaks anymore since I didn't hear his name called in the Super Bowl at all. HAHA!! Anyways, I will try to get a picture with Max and post it if possible.

Hey Brother! Active Duty myself!

OP: Desert Shield/Storm (Gulf War I)
OP: United Shield (Mogadishu, Somalia)
OP: Southern Watch (X2)
OP: Iraqi Freedom (X2)

Currently A Mission Planning Instructor @ Naval Air Station, North Island, CA. (just finishing up an MTT in Japan, flying home tomorrow!).

I've been reading the Blog from Day one and two of their trip:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9347636

Please do post the pic if you get the chance!

Stay Low ~ Pack Extra Mags ~ DTA

Be Safe Bro.........

melroseplace
03-31-2006, 07:17 AM
thank you to both stillers#1 and steelshooter, stay safe and come home soon :usa:
and stillers...hope you get a chance to meet Max and definitely post a pic if you do!

Haiku_Dirtt
03-31-2006, 12:11 PM
I saw him at the Pro Bowl. At first he didn't seem so big because he was standing next to his mother. Then the closer I got the taller his 'mama' got.

The baseball mits at the end of his arms are his hands.

Stillers#1
03-31-2006, 10:47 PM
I was just working out in the gym, when all three fo those dudes walked in. I said hi to Kearney and Fischer, but I kinda shied away from Max at first, b/c he is so damn huge. I was wearing my Super Bowl Champs shirt, and I hear Max say to Kearney, " See man I told you they were everywhere!" I just kinda smiled and kept up with my squat workout. They left and then came back in workout clothes. Max was working out for a bit, and I told Kearney that I signed hi on Madden HAHA. Then , I thought this was way cool by the way, Max came up to me from the other side of the gym, and t shook my hand (huge hands, and I'm not a small guy at all) and gave me a Steelers lapel pin and said thanks, he said, " It's all about the 'Burgh baby." I went back to running my sprints (tryin not to be so chubby lol) and I was shaking, the only other two Steelers I have ever met were The Bus and Peezy, and thats when I worked at ****s while in college.

It's real cool they came over this way, seeing Starks kind of makes me feel at home, I know its mushy, but the little things help over here. I'll make sure I get a pic with him tonite, my mom sent a huge box, which very convienenly came yesterday, and it has all the home town papers in it. And a commemerative football, which I want to get the O-line to sign. I'll make sure to post soem pics. Miss talking football with you guys!

Steelshooter

Nice to see another active duty guy in here, I have only been in for three years but here is my little resume:

OP: OIF x 4 (60 day rotation)\
OP: OEF x 3 (60 day rotation)
OP: SOUTHCOM (30 day rotation) anti-drug ops

Im aircrew (boom operator n KC-135R) so we do shorter tours.

Keep up the work dude.

MasterOfPuppets
04-01-2006, 02:15 AM
I was just working out in the gym, when all three fo those dudes walked in. I said hi to Kearney and Fischer, but I kinda shied away from Max at first, b/c he is so damn huge. I was wearing my Super Bowl Champs shirt, and I hear Max say to Kearney, " See man I told you they were everywhere!" I just kinda smiled and kept up with my squat workout. They left and then came back in workout clothes. Max was working out for a bit, and I told Kearney that I signed hi on Madden HAHA. Then , I thought this was way cool by the way, Max came up to me from the other side of the gym, and t shook my hand (huge hands, and I'm not a small guy at all) and gave me a Steelers lapel pin and said thanks, he said, " It's all about the 'Burgh baby." I went back to running my sprints (tryin not to be so chubby lol) and I was shaking, the only other two Steelers I have ever met were The Bus and Peezy, and thats when I worked at ****s while in college.

It's real cool they came over this way, seeing Starks kind of makes me feel at home, I know its mushy, but the little things help over here. I'll make sure I get a pic with him tonite, my mom sent a huge box, which very convienenly came yesterday, and it has all the home town papers in it. And a commemerative football, which I want to get the O-line to sign. I'll make sure to post soem pics. Miss talking football with you guys!

Steelshooter

Nice to see another active duty guy in here, I have only been in for three years but here is my little resume:

OP: OIF x 4 (60 day rotation)\
OP: OEF x 3 (60 day rotation)
OP: SOUTHCOM (30 day rotation) anti-drug ops

Im aircrew (boom operator n KC-135R) so we do shorter tours.

Keep up the work dude.
max starks is nothing compared to you guys over there...all you guys are huge in my book!!! keep up the good work and keep your head down,hopefully all you guys will be back in time for our SB IN MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelerzGirl
04-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Stillers#1 and SteelShooter... Thank you for serving your country proud. Stay safe and come home soon! :smile: